Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Karpf
    Karpf Posts: 0

I have commercial license. Why do I get timeout all the time?

• RIT001
    RIT001 Posts: 0

Having not needed to use TeamViewer for a good few months I was rather surprised to be flagged as a commercial user when she had a problem and I was connected for all of 2 mins.

I'll try the 'reactivation' process, but as it does not handle post/zip codes correctly and provides no confirmation that allows me to track the request I do not hold out much hope.

Anyone trying to find the process can find it here

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

• DSR7777
    DSR7777 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

I've been a raving fan of TeamViewer for years and rely heavily uponjit forperosnal use. Forsome reason, the last 2 times I've tired to use it, it times out in less than 1 minute and thinks I'm a professional user or business.

I don't know how to contact TeamViewer Support with my machine ID to ask them to please unlbock me.

Any ideas how to contact these fine folks?

David

[The personal info has been removed as per the community guidelines.]

• MrGee
    MrGee Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

On Thu 27/05/2021 10:57 AM you sent me (**Do Not Post Email Addresses**) that my access was reset. It still is shutting down as it was before.

• Fstab
    Fstab Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have the same problem, I've left my PC with root account logged in!

Now I can't connect back, I've used TeamViewer for only one minute and now it's blocking me on every connection and asking for account upgrade...

What is going on...

• Fstab
    Fstab Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi!

I have installed TeamViewer on my Debian server, it has docker for nextcloud and home assistant (smart home). Sometimes I need to restart something...

Now I can connect only one time, for one minute approx. After that it's blocking me and I'm leaving my root account logged in... So better way is always use vpn with remote ssh... But I can't use dockstation like that.

Why TeamViewer is thinking that it's commercial use? How can I change it?

• Marshall_Letter
    Marshall_Letter Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same problem here... It seems that TeamViewer is forcing users to migrate from a free personal account to a corporate one.

I tried like 10 times to contact support, submitting a document stating that I'm using it for personal purposes only but it keeps pushing the message saying commercial use detected.

How can it be commercial use if I start a connection once a month?

• Marshall_Letter
    Marshall_Letter Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same problem here... Teamviewer might be pushing users towards the commercial account..

• DSR7777
    DSR7777 Posts: 2 ✭✭

A tech guy at church said he was able to contact TeamViewer Support (he forgot how) and explain the situation and they fixed it by unlocking his machine ID that had been tagged or flagged as a business account.

I wonder if this is still a solution?

Any idea on how to send an email to Support? Or a URL to submit an issue?

Thanks for your comments!

David

• ahmedbasheer
    ahmedbasheer Posts: 1

I have the same issue for the past few days. I thought I was alone.

• joemintball
    joemintball Posts: 1

same problem here i manage my mum and dads pc from my home pc as there both computer iliterate during lockdown i've had to connect to my dads pc a lot because he's been bored and wants to join in on a few games but has no idea how modding works so i do it from hear as he is 30 or so miles away

until bout 4 or 5 weeks ago when teamviewer thinks i'm using it for business "but im not" now it boots me after 30 or so seconds saying connection timeout

@TeamViewer pls help us all with this problem best regards joemintball

• ottoDbusdriver
    ottoDbusdriver Posts: 2 ✭✭

Interesting sidenote that may be helpful as I encountered the same "Connection blocked after timeout" message as many other people are experiencing.

So I decided to check what I had recently installed on my computer that might be causing the issue. Only recent addition -- Zoom desktop client.

Uninstalled the Zoom desktop client, and voila !!! -- Teamviewer works properly with free personal license.

If that is in fact the cause of many people's Teamviewer issues -- i.e. Teamviewer desktop client checking for a competitive product and "assuming" your computer is being used commercially if it detects that competitive product -- that needs to be changed, and soon. That is a pretty big assumption to make -- because way too many people have both the Zoom desktop client installed and Teamviewer client installed, and definitely not in a commercial scenario.

I re-installed the Zoom desktop client to test my theory -- and yep, got the "Connection blocked after timeout" error again when trying to use Teamviewer with the free personal license. Uninstalled the Zoom desktop client once again and --- boom, Teamviewer with free personal license works properly again. So it's repeatable.

Ironically, Teamviewer desktop client doesn't seem to care if the Microsoft Teams desktop client is installed.

• snige
    snige Posts: 7 ✭✭

I was locked out from using team viewer due to "suspected commercial use". I completed the form, clicked the generate pdf button. Initially the pdf would not generate but no reason was given. I changed the format of my post code and then clicking the button started the pdf creation but it then ended with just the word "error"... I refreshed the screen and it showed "success" and provide the download button but clicking just refreshed the screen .. i used "save as" to get around this but the file is invalid (that was why the screen just refreshed). I tried opening with adobe directly but adobe says its not a valid file.

There does not seem to be a process to delete the file and start again so I am stuck. I tried logging off and on but the invalid file is still there.

Anyone know how to solve this and get the invalid file removed?

• IrishBiker
    IrishBiker Posts: 1

I have completed the non-com form approx 5 times now. How many times do I have to complete it before the switch off the auto disconnect?

• vVHans
    vVHans Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

I have the same problem. I am locked off.

Teamviewer was a good tool for private use within the family.

It seems they don't like the private users anymore. I don't recommend Teamviewer anymore for private use.

From today I will use alternative solutions see: [The info has been removed as per the community guidelines. ]

• snige

Read this post https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/8284/commercial-use-connection-time-out#latest and Go here and complete the form

For some reason teamviewer post "timeout" rather than "commercial use suspected" in many instances

• Antonij
    Antonij Posts: 0

Hello,

I'm using TeamViewer a lot, i have a couple machines in my workplace and i used TeamViewer to see often when will finished the machine to turn off and see if it's good working. And i used it from my phone. And now i see window saying "commercial use detected". I will be grateful if someone can tell me how to back to the normal. Thanks in advance.

• ottoDbusdriver
    ottoDbusdriver Posts: 2 ✭✭

FYI for the moderators -- I'm aware that we aren't supposed to mention competitive products here in the Teamviewer community forum, but in this particular case I would think there should be an exception made since in my particular case it is the interaction between Teamviewer with a specific 3rd party product that was causing the problem. And once that 3rd party product was removed the issue was resolved. And that may be helpful with others in the Teamviewer user community.

• snige

Read this post https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/8284/commercial-use-connection-time-out#latest and go here and complete the form https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

If you "get commercial use suspected" or "timeout" after 60 second they both need this form to be filled in, then signed and returned.. unless you have editor for adobe it means printing, signing, scanning as a pdf and adding to the reset management page.

• snige
    edited May 2021

If you have been frustrated by unhelpful messages related to this problem please vote for this idea https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/115470/provide-clear-messaging#latest

• FuzzmanKs
    FuzzmanKs Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

Read the first post in this thread and the blog that in mentioned in the first post. it will outline the procedure. Another user in the thread suggested today that uninstalling a THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, that does some of the same features as TV, from the computers may solve the problem.. For instance, a video conference program, and maybe even a program that does chat or audio.

• FuzzmanKs

Sounds like to me you ARE using Teamviewer in an commercial use. Connecting to workplace machines is not private/personal use, in my opinion.

• FuzzmanKs

• Hello there,

can anyone help me out, I have the free version of TeamViewer to control my radio remote away from home.  I only intend to use this for personal use. This is a free version sponsored by www.teamViewer.com. TeamViewer sessions are free of charge for personal use.

This keeps looking me out both sides for some reason and tried to reinstall again at both computers and think it maybe getting me mixed up for business than personal use to work hobby radio.

Many thanks

• deepak_masson
    deepak_masson Posts: 0

Hi

The tool is timing out then blocking reconnection..

Is there an error in the tool? It was working fine before..

• Zoraalessa
    Zoraalessa Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Hello, I use the free version for private use. I now always get the message that the time has expired and Teamviewer is closed.
    It is also suspected of being used for business. That is not the case. What should I do. Can you send me step by step instructions

• joe2021
    joe2021 Posts: 0

The system thinks I am a commercial user; however I am not. What am I doing wrong?

• liliya312
    liliya312 Posts: 0
    edited May 2021

Hello! Why do they set a limit when working with the application? I am not using it commercially. I use it only for setting up computers and phones of my parents and friends. Please remove the restrictions for the possibility of further free use of the application. Please send the answer to the question by mail: [removed per Community Guidelines]

• I don't know, you may have been able to use TeamViewer for a year. I have never used him commercially in my life. I only used him here when I fixed computers my family or friends.

Cannot do something to do with it?