Preventing the autorejection of a remote control request.

jphilippa
jphilippa Posts: 38 ✭✭

Team Viewer on an Oppo A15s phone allows chat between us, but shows 'Your partner rejected your connection request' when I click on the 'remote control' button. How can this be fixed ?

Β«1

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @jphilippa,

Have you tried to reinstall the app?

Community Manager

• jphilippa

No, but it could be tried.

• jphilippa

• jphilippa

Uninstalling and re-installing has been tried twice - to no avail. Although an ID shows on the phone, a password does not.

At my desktop I keep being told that the partner has not opened Team Viewer or has no connection to the internet BOTH are untrue.

• JeanK

Which app did you install on your phone? TeamViewer Remote Control? TeamViewer QuickSupport or TeamViewer Host?

Community Manager

• jphilippa

In his exasperation my partner had already uninstalled Team Viewer - but is willing to re-install. YOU suggested 3 options. Which should he install so that I can access his phone from my desktop ?

• JeanK

On your computer, you need to install TeamViewer (full client).

On his phone, he needs to install TeamViewer Host.

With this setup, you will be able to connect from your computer to his phone.

Community Manager

• jphilippa

TeamViewer Host was installed on the phone, but no ID and password shows, so can still not connect.

• jphilippa

Partner's mobile phone is ready to connect, but does not display an ID or Password - so HOW am I supposed to identify him ?

• JeanK
    edited May 2021

It could be that the network is the problem.

Could your partner try to connect via mobile data?

Community Manager

• jphilippa

One reason for him wanting to connect with me through Team Viewer is so that I might discover for him HOW to set the WiFi to his modem.

• jphilippa

Seems I got that wrong - his ph

one is connected to his modem's wifi

• jphilippa

I now discover that his credentials are rejected.

So THAT can probably be fixed by a 'forget password method' - can you please give clears steps on how that can be done.

• jphilippa
    edited June 2021

A new password was set for the account; the device was accepted as trusted; I was given an ID, and could connect, but was asked for an password which the device did not display.

I notice it says that Romeo can connect and remotely control - but that is NOT what is needed. It is ME that needs to be able to connect and help him.

• JeanK

Correct - you need to assign it to your account, as you are connecting to the device.

Sorry for the confusion - I should have warned you in my last replay.

So you will need first to unassign the device (with the three dots on the right-hand side) and assign it with your credentials.

Community Manager

• jphilippa

When my correct Team Viewer account credentials were entered into the phone, it said "The username and password you entered do not match any account on record."

• jphilippa
    edited June 2021

My correct credentials are rejected

• JeanK

In this case as well, please try to reset your password: https://login.teamviewer.com/LogOn#lost-password

I confirm that the account (e-mail) exists, therefore the password must be wrong.

Community Manager

• jphilippa

I have just now logged into my account with the credentials I provided to the phone owner - so I do NOT want to change my password.

• jphilippa

I have confirmed that the password the phone owner entered is the correct one.

• JeanK

There is, unfortunately, only one way to assign the phone to your account: enter your (correct) TeamViewer credentials.

If this is not done, the assignment is simply not possible.

I understand that you believe to 100% that the entered credentials are correct.

However, according to the facts, logging in with the entered credentials is apparently not possible.

Therefore, a reset of the password is here the only option.

Community Manager

• jphilippa

In changing the password I wrote it into notepad, then copied it and pasted it twice as required.

• jphilippa

I have logged in again today successfully with the existing credentials; then I closed the browser and triggered the logon page, and clicked on 'forgot the password'. Reset password page asked me to enter my email address and then click on RESET. That opened a page with "Please activate the checkbox to prove that you're human." but there is no such box, so I can NOT prove I am human. Where to now ?

• JeanK

I recommend clearing your cache & cookies of your current browser. or just using a different browser.

Community Manager

• jphilippa

I tried a different browser on a different PC, and succeeded. I received the 'change password' email - it gave me a link which I pasted into the browser, and what opened was my account as though I had logged in. So I still did not get the chance to change the password (to something that the phone will not reject) !

• JeanK

It is because you were probably already logged in within another tab in the browser.

Please close all tabs of your browser and use the link again.

Community Manager

• jphilippa

That is a reasonable explanation, but I made sure NO browser was open when I relaunched Chrome and pasted the 'change password link' - and again it performed the function of logging in instead of allowing me to change the password.

• JeanK
    edited June 2021

I would recommend restarting your computer to make sure you get logged out of all sessions and trying the password reset process again.

Community Manager

• jphilippa

No improvement after rebooting - that link still logs me in instead of giving the chance to change passwords.