Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• FuzzmanKs
    FuzzmanKs Posts: 54 ✭✭

No it does not. Your Teamviewer ID is tied to your hardware equipment. Review this thread for proper procedures for RESET MANAGEMENT.

• FuzzmanKs

Hundreds of times it has been posted. Even a Google search will lead you to answers.

• redavenger
    redavenger Posts: 5 ✭✭

same issue here only started on my laptop when connecting to my parents pc.

seriously teamviewer get your act together please.

• JanOIndiana
    JanOIndiana Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have a free account so that I can remote into my elderly mothers computer to help her with computer issues. Team viewer keeps logging me out and then locking me out so that I cannot reconnect for hours. I have uninstalled the ap and reinstalled it, but get the same results. Any ideas?

• FuzzmanKs

My impression from what I read on here, is that they must be way behind in the Resets. Mine (submitted 4/27/2021) took less than 2 business days, but I may have been before hundreds/thousands of others.

• FuzzmanKs

Scroll back and week or so and you should have your answer.

• JanOIndiana
    JanOIndiana Posts: 4 ✭✭

I am having the same problem as everyone else apparently. The generate PDF button does not work. I can't reset my account for PERSONAL USE!! Please help

• tomsvl
    tomsvl Posts: 2

Had not used TV for several months. Now getting timed out with commercial use message.

Trying to reset back and

THE CREATE PDF BUTTON DOES NOTHING

just as everyone else has said.

Like others I use this to help family members with their computers.

A simple check of logs will show how much we use. I'm sure you cut off everyone.

Thanks for a solution

• kingzhou
    kingzhou Posts: 1

Just today, I ran into the same problem. I automatically disconnected one minute after connecting to the remote computer, prompting me that the connection was blocked by a timeout. It has never happened before. I use the free version, not for commercial use, only to connect to a home laptop to write records and documents

• aobama
    aobama Posts: 3 ✭✭
    • The form has been submitted for almost 3 weeks with no response🙃
  • aobama
    aobama Posts: 3 ✭✭

The business identification declaration form has been submitted for nearly 3 weeks without a response. Did you forget

• EdwardUK
    EdwardUK Posts: 47 ✭✭

To be fair to Teamviewer there must be thousands of commercial users using the free version which is lost revenue for Teamviewer and arguably unfair to those commercial users who do the right thing and pay. So I'm not surprised that Teamviewer are taking actions to identify free commercial use.

But where Teamviewer have failed totally is how they, without warning, simply don't allow affected users any amount of time to rectify the situation. Teamviewer should have notified affected users (via a pop up for example) that their use is deemed 'commercial' and that after (say) 30 days their Teamviewer app will be disabled unless payment is made OR the user sends in a 'reset management' appeal.

This, in my opinion, would be much more fair to all users as well as Teamviewer and would significantly reduce the amount of complaints. Also, probably most importantly, users who are genuinely helping vulnerable people would be able to continue the support and able to take actions to continue doing so (by sending in a reset management form).

I'm sure that many Teamviewer staff (such as @Esther) are understanding user's situation and trying to change things but probably bureaucracy within Teamviewer makes it difficult to change things.

• Stephan3
    Stephan3 Posts: 7 ✭✭

Hi I am being disconnected now as I think my account was wrongly flagged as commercial use. How do I reset my account to personal use.

• wrapper
    wrapper Posts: 1

I am getting the same thing.

No answers?

• BillGray
    BillGray Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have been a TeamViewer Free user for 4 years - with my family. I have a Win 7 system, my daughter has a Win 7 system, and my wife a Win 10 system.  I have no problem staying connected to the Win 7 system - but the Win 10 system times out after about 45 seconds.  Is there a problem between TeamViewer and Win 10 systems?  When I try to reconnect to the Win 10 system, I get the following notice:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Connection blocked after timeout.

Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked.

Please try later or upgrade your license.

Connection to this partner will be blocked until _________.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thank you, Bill Gray

• dsevey
    dsevey Posts: 0

I have submitted the PDF requesting my FREE license to be reinstated, as it was incorrectly flagged for commercial use. How long does it take Teamviewer to reset the FREE license?

• mrbquick
    mrbquick Posts: 2 ✭✭

I need help with the same issue. I was just flagged for commercial use on my personal computer and iphone.

• tokasha
    tokasha Posts: 0

keep getting warning message that im using teamviewer corporate use and block connection while i have been using it for personal use for years.

• AT_Alien
    AT_Alien Posts: 1

I am having this same issue and now cant access all three of my pcs. Would love some support on this.

• ezpzsolutions
    ezpzsolutions Posts: 5 ✭✭

Here is some support. Use a new host to remote from. It would solve all your problems. Everyone nowadays should have a tablet regardless android or apple, you can use that to remote into your three PCs.

• Debbie0212
    Debbie0212 Posts: 0

I connect to my 90-year old mother's computer when she's having trouble with her computer. Lately, as soon as I connect using the correct log in information, it disconnects the connection immediately and says that the connection has timed out and I didn't even have the time to see anything. It is the free version of TeamViewer. What should I do to get it to work?

• cengle48
    cengle48 Posts: 1

I'm having a similar problem. I help several family members but TeamViewer is always a guessing game as to whether or not I can connect. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I tried helping my 89 yr old Uncle last night and got cut off after about a minute and had to revert to helping him by phone - wasn't an easy task.. Error message said I used up my time (about 1 minute). I had a similar problem in the past - but got totally disconnected on my account. I had to have Teamview staff review my account and grant the free access again. I may have to do that again if I can find out how to contact them again. They say its free for non-commercial use but it's really at their discretion.

301493528 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi, I use TeamViewer to support my 93 yr old mother's computer. For some reason, I get a time-out when I try to log in to her computer.

What am I doing wrong?

Jim T.

Hi, Friends,

How do I prevent free version from timing out after only a few seconds?

• cbe1111
    cbe1111 Posts: 0
    edited June 2021

teamviever error 'session expire and close' , impossible to reconnect cause im not premium, for couple min, after this delay i retry => add min to the delay NICE ! I WAIT A LOT MORE TIME it work.. less than 1 min after connexion broke again..

Cant use tv more than 5m

I read the allowed non-commercial free license terms.

I do what to help my church's staff with no payment to me.

I read that helping even a nonprofit entity like a church "in kind" (no money to me) required a commercial license.

So, I "paid the piper". Arrrgggg.

• FBertone
    FBertone Posts: 1

I have the same problem - just an 85 year old mother instead! This started a couple of months ago - it times out within a minute or so and then won't let me on again. I've updated the version and it still does it.

• latimers
    latimers Posts: 2 ✭✭

Here we go again!!!

After about a year and a half, Teamviewer has once again started accusing me of using it for commercial purposes, which I am definitely not. I am using it to remotely control the computers, laptops and tablets in my home. My usage hasn’t changed since the last time you reset it to “free” except for a couple of the devices have been replaced.

Please, please reset it to “free” so that it doesn’t randomly close the connections.