License requirements

Hi,

We have a Corporate license (4 channels). We use it to connect to customers for support. (This is obviously commercial use).

Are there any license requirements on behalf of the customer? Are there any differences depending on how they use Teamviewer? (We offer a quick support link on our website, but we regularly connect to customers who have installed Teamviewer themselves).

The reason for the question is that on one particular customer (they seems to have installed Teamviewer Host) I get the connection timeout error often associated with commercial use. Our end of the connection is licensed so I'm wondering if there is a license requirement also for the remote end using Teamviewer Host.

Thanks in advance!

Daniel Sahlberg

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @Daniel_Sahlberg,

Only one side of the connection needs to be licensed.

Therefore, if your license is recognized on your side, you should not see any timeout message when connecting to other computers.

Community Manager

Answers

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

Hello @Daniel_Sahlberg,

Only one side of the connection needs to be licensed.

Therefore, if your license is recognized on your side, you should not see any timeout message when connecting to other computers.

Community Manager

• Daniel_Sahlberg
    Daniel_Sahlberg Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks @JeanK, that seems reasonable and I appreciate the confirmation.

Then I suppose there is a bug in the license validation. Is there a formal channel to report an issue?

• JeanK

Yes, you can contact anytime our customer support.

Our team will be able to investigate the issue.

Community Manager