Why am I getting ads in paid teamviewer?

Answers

• JellyAhHa
    JellyAhHa Posts: 8 ✭✭

I second this! 

• dunn0w
    dunn0w Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi,

Since the last update i get the splash popup good new for mac users.

This popup cant be closed forever, when i click on dont show this message again, it will pop up again and again.. very annoying.

Version:15.8.3

2020-08-11_14-36-07.png

• Michiel
    Michiel Posts: 13 ✭✭

I unchecked that box and still got the popup... I mean i'm on a Corporate account what are you pulling here Teamviewer? This is just super annoying and irritating, and the 'don't show this ...' button doesn't even work...

Soon **Third Party Product** and no more ads in 1000 euro a months accounts, bye bye.

• CompuShark
    CompuShark Posts: 11 ✭✭

Im getting REALLY annoyed with these ads constantly popping up even though I keep hitting : "Dont show me this message again"

I payfor youtube premium BECAUSE i hate ADS. Do I get ads now With youtube Premium? NO.

I've been with teamviewer since Version 6 I believe. I pay every year my quite costly fee. Those ads should be for non paying users. uugghhh

• mah79
    mah79 Posts: 1

I have pressed the button do not show again 10 times today and my colleagues say they have the same problem.2020-08-11_19-41-42.jpg

• seedy
    seedy Posts: 1

I want to add my voice here too.

Very frustrating and intrusive. It's a great way to make me and my staff look for alternatives!

Why pay so much money only to be bombarded with ads?

Seriously guys. Stop this!

• Fiona_G
    Fiona_G Posts: 689 Staff member 🤠

Hi @CompuShark,

We are sorry about the negative experience.

With the release of TeamViewer in version 15.8.3, the self-opt-out is now available for licensed TeamViewer customers on Windows devices using TeamViewer in version 15.8.3. 

You will find the Setting here: Extras --> Options --> Advanced --> Show advanced options --> under TeamViewer options un-tick the box for In-product marketing messages --> OK

I hope this information would be helpful.

Kind regards,

Fiona

Fiona_G
  • Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi All, 

Thank you for your posts and I am sorry for the trouble with this pop-up about MacOS Black Screen, we are checking it on our side.

However, if you would like to stop showing the ad's, you can simply opt out completely as you have a paid license and 15.8 or higher. For more information, please read one of our moderator's post.

Please let me know if this has resolved this for you or if you need any further assistance.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • AppleCore
    AppleCore Posts: 3 ✭✭

I read the moderators post - There is no mention of the Mac version for self-opt-out on version 15.8 to 15.8.3 [current as of now]

This is unresolved for Mac users. Please advise - current solution? released soon? Too small of a market share to care?

Thanks

-Chris

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi @AppleCore ,

Thank you for your post!

Our development team is currently working on it and it will be released for MacOS in one of the upcoming TeamViewer versions.

At this stage, we are not able to provide a specific release date, however please note that it will come. ?

We thank you for your patience and understanding in advance.

Kind regards,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • DenisMcAuliffe
    DenisMcAuliffe Posts: 8 ✭✭

Shame on you Teamviewer for your boiler plate replies and for ignoring the community on this one. 

It is absoultely rediculous that you have to "opt out" of this feature as a paid user. 

It is also completely stupid that the button which says "do not show this again" does not work. What is the point of it even being there in the first place?

Turn it off by default for paying customers, or at least make the "do not show again" do what it is supposed to.

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi all,

Today I received the information from our Mac developers that we will implement the self-opt-out for macOS in the next release of TeamViewer coming in September (15.10).

Thanks again for your patience so far and have a good day,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Good  work!

2020-09-05 11_57_33-TeamViewer.png

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi all,

as announced before, the self-opt out for the in-product messages is now available for macOS for TeamViewer 15.10.

From our Change Log:

Licensed customers can now opt-out of in-product marketing messages. Important in-product messages like EULA updates will still be received.

Thank you for your patience!

Best,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• hhc
    hhc Posts: 4 ✭✭

Looks Like Teamviewer is from the same breed that the German company Wirecard that create a huge scam, i am a paid customer of version 11 when they charged one time payment and i was screw when they change to monthly subscription and make the product nearly unusable beacuse the free customer will install the last free version and i am not able to connect to them.

In regards of the in-opt ads check, i will never have it , i know, but the whole idea around that pop ups is nefarius, when you say "don show this again", is working as they planned, THIS is that particular promotion and the next one is a different one so... you have to click again on Do not show this again. and again and again, a good faith corporate mind can think to develop something like that?, no, i don't think so, the same one that think that is the one that do not set by default to not show ads and buried the check 4 menus down.

• rmorrell
    rmorrell Posts: 1

I am a paying licenced customer and can see the option to turn this off but it is greyed out any idea why?

• LBoog_Sys
    LBoog_Sys Posts: 1

I seem to be having the same issue. PaidLicense and even when logged in and running as admin the option is greyed out - version 15.12.4

• SillyCrow
    SillyCrow Posts: 1
    edited January 2021

On version 15.13.6, using Paid License, started getting marketing ads again. I unchecked the "In-product marketing messages" option in a previous version. Now that option checked itself again and is greyed out, preventing me from unchecking it.

Edit: I was logged off for some unknown reason. Logging in solved it.

• I'm unable to uncheck this option. What gives?

• ANIMATEK
    ANIMATEK Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited April 2021

TW shame on you. "Advanced Options" and afterwards a confirmation dialog. The definition of **beep** design".

• Matite
    Matite Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

I too am very unhappy with TeamViewer constantly showing me ads when I am trying to get work done using my paid license that I have had for many years. I keep clicking the "Don't show me this again" text but literally five minutes later it pops up the same ad on my licensed support PC.

I changed the setting described earlier in this thread to prevent all ads then contacted TeamViewer support in my country and told them how unhappy I was. The support agent told me "thanks for you feedback" in a tone that indicated he did not care at all and indicated I was wasting his time. The way he said it (especially "thanks") was the same way a child tells you thanks when they clearly don't mean it.

It is appalling that you treat long time business customers this way!

• Matite
    Matite Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

Update: Even after I disabled ads as instructed by support (using the same method posted in the thread above) it is STILL displaying the same ad on my licensed business PC! I have clicked the "Don't show this message again" text many times. The ad usually pops up when I finish a remote support session for a customer but can also pop up when TV is idle.

• nstek
    nstek Posts: 2 ✭✭

This feels really scammy... This is a paid product, and not a cheap one. Why am I spammed with an add every time I open the app with no option to disable it!

• Kornes
    Kornes Posts: 1

How can I disable these banners as they are utterly annoying

• McQuaade
    McQuaade Posts: 1

The fix showen here is for the client, I would like to disable this for all my teammembers in the managment console.

Thanks

• QUT_VISER
    QUT_VISER Posts: 1

It's daibolical that this isn't disabled by default - what company in their right mind would think PAYING end-users would want in-product marketing messages? AND WORSE, bury the opt-out waaaay down the bottom of the Advanced settings area.

Read the room, TV.

• JordanCNolan
    JordanCNolan Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am paying thousands per year for my corporate subscription, however I keep getting popups daily or multiple times a day. No matter how many times I click "Don't show this again" I keep getting the ads.

How do we make it so subscribers that are paying thousands of dollars do not continually get ads in their face.