Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Den42
    Den42 Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

Well your system's pretty stupid because it requires commercial equipment to print and scan the PDF I need to sign and send back. So You're asking me to use commercial office equipment to print out and sign a form that's stating that I'm not using it in a commercial environment. Not sure how that makes any sense at all. I'm looking around the cab of my truck that I drive for a living and I'm not seeing a printer or scanner anywhere in sight. And I can't put in a support ticket because I don't have a license. And you don't accept email at support at TeamViewer.com. so there no way to resolve this issue. But I do appreciate closing the 4,000 pop ups that told me I was an awesome person for playing fair.

• ---Ray---
    ---Ray--- Posts: 4 ✭✭

I've been using the free version for a few years to help my elderly friends figure out how to use their PCs.

One guy is 86 years old and has constant (self-induced) issues.

But lately, TV times out our sessions after about 60 seconds and the poor old guy is stuck. He's partially deaf and his hearing aid conflicts with the telephone and so I must use TV to help him.

Used to be, if I had issues, I could email TV and they'd ask for some files to prove I wasn't using their software for commercial purposes...but now? I feel like I'm shouting into the wind.

How can I fix this issue with this ONE person?

• rmhenriq
    rmhenriq Posts: 3 ✭✭

I've already searched for information and tips available in this forum and also in others. I'm giving up ... It is pretty clear that TV's strategy isn't reply to users with free accounts. I'm not going pay for a license.

• HerbJR
    HerbJR Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

Please note that I have already submitted this “NON-COMMERCIAL” usage FORM online and have received confirmation by email on 6/9/21, that my access for FREE USAGE meets requirements and qualifies for activation, as I use it “for personal use when helping family and friends, without receiving any financial compensation”.

It is now 6/17/21 and I am still being redirected to the “COMMERCIAL-USE” advisement page. Please note that as indicated, my home burned to the ground leaving me with nothing. Perhaps I provided the wrong TeamviewerID for the new machine when I completed the FORM/REQUEST online.

I have re-completed the NON-COMMERCIAL USE form online and have ADDED/INCLUDED the new ID as retrieved from running TeamviewerQS application.

After generation of PDF file select file from DOWNLOAD directory and choose SUBMIT, I receive the following error:

"problem occurred while saving your data, please try again or contact our support if it happens again"

Is anyone able to assist with this problem? Thank You ...

• DaveTheBatMan
    DaveTheBatMan Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have the same issue (with slightly varied details) -- I'm suddenly being kicked off after 60 seconds for no reason, and there's no "Support" I can contact.

• DaveTheBatMan

• I’m having the same problem

• DaveTheBatMan

Hi all --

Like many other people, I love TeamViewer WHEN it's working correctly. Sadly, I've been plagued by the "not" far too often and, since there's no way to directly contact "Support", all I can do is yell at the walls. Everything WAS working perfectly until -- for no known reason -- I now have this problem. My exact situation:

Home Win10 network on a workgroup using WiFi.

• ASUS Win10Pro (in bedroom) can connect to Microsoft Surface tablet (in living room) normally, no problem. 🙂
    • (Same) Microsoft Surface tablet (in living room) connecting to (same) ASUS Win10Pro (in bedroom) times out after 60 seconds. 😓

I've requested an account reset, which understandably does nothing, because this isn't REALLY a "Commercial Use" thing. So, what is it, and how can I fix it? 🤔

Thanks for reading and, for everyone else having the same problem, let's hope that someone eventually cares enough to, ya know, help.

Happy Thursday!

• ---Ray---
    ---Ray--- Posts: 4 ✭✭

So many companies are firing their support staff and going with this HORRIBLE method of "help".

I hope TV isn't using this TERRIBLE platform for helping their paying customers!

Sure doesn't make me anxious to purchase a license!

• epok12
    epok12 Posts: 1

my teamviewer is blocking me for the past few days saying that I have high activity account and need to pay for subscription. I only have 2 devices on it on the same wifi network how is that commercial use ?

• proa_valle706
    proa_valle706 Posts: 0

whay i have non comercial licen and is take mi out because i a comercial user

• proa_valle706
    proa_valle706 Posts: 0

whay i have non comercial licen and is take mi out because i a comercial user

• tgger
    tgger Posts: 1

I have Teamviewer loaded on my home computer, iPad and my laptop. I use Teamviewer to remotely access my home computer. I have not had a problem with Teamviewer until today. I now get an immediate log out telling me that my session has timed out.

Both home computer and laptop are running latest of windows and is currently using latest TV.

Ideas?

• MadandCrazyKiwi
    MadandCrazyKiwi Posts: 3 ✭✭

I am a long time user, like when the developers were still in Nappies designing the program. I think with all these big sponsorships (manchester united) and the like they have bills to pay. I have a sneaking suspicion that they are just trying to frustrate us genuine free users to the point we just give up, pay up because the devil we know is better than the devil we do not. Because based on the different ways they inform us of suspected use tells me they sit in a meeting and say $100 for the staff member who can come up with a new original way to annoy our loyal freebies who actually spread the popularity of this software to become what it is now.

• exbrooklyn
    exbrooklyn Posts: 7 ✭✭

I am NOT using Teamviewer for commercial purposes. I had this issue once before and had them reset my account to free. It IS showing as free, but suddenly today it is timing me out before I even connect, or it connects for about 20 seconds and then boots me out. I thought maybe I had to go in and reset my account again but when I tried it tells me I don't even have one! What the heck is going on???? I can't even get a human being on the phone or find an email address to fix this problem.

• FuzzmanKs
    FuzzmanKs Posts: 54 ✭✭

@rodrigol - I will try this again. I wrote a response yesterday but the message would not POST COMMENT. I was locked out for a day so I deleted the SAVE DRAFT and will try again. Maybe the first one was too long....

By any chance do you have a video conference app that you do audio and/or visual communication? Another "free" user said he uninstalled that software and all was fixed. He reinstalled the video software and TV got locked out again. I do have the most widely known brand of that software on my main PC that I use to connect to my other devices, and my Dad's pc, which is not on my network. Once my TV machine ID's were reset a couple months ago, I haven't had any problems and I did not remove the conferencing software. (continued next message)

• FuzzmanKs
    FuzzmanKs Posts: 54 ✭✭

@fasterbrew @scarypepper @iPaq @---Ray--- @Miroslav83023 @DaveTheBatMan

scarypepper - If you are saying that you use the same computer with two different Teamviewer Accounts (one for work and one personal) that may not work. As noted below, your computer Machine ID (not your Teamviewer account) will be flagged commercial when you connect to work network. So when you switch to your personal TV account your machine ID stays the same so therefore it has been flagged commercial. (This is just my opinion from what I've learned in this forum the last couple of months).

Be sure and read the first message posted in this thread along with the blog it mentions. In my opinion, anytime you connect from a work/college/university network to or from then you may be flagged as commercial. Apparently there is not a way for free users "lock" their machine ID as non-commercial. Also free users don't appear to get live support/chat/phone/email. Also remember when you fill out the RESET MANAGEMENT PDF form that you have an Account ID AND a machine ID for each device you connect to and from.

Scroll back up for the last month or two and you will probably find some helpful tips. Machine ID's do not change even if you uninstall/reinstall TV. More on machine ID's here: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/comment/121791#Comment_121791

• LagunaJim
    LagunaJim Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello. I submitted the "non commercial use" letter at least two weeks ago, and have had no response.

Should I be surprised?

• jdulmer
    jdulmer Posts: 5 ✭✭

Why do teamviewer time-out my session after being logged in for only 2 minutes, it seems... I downloaded the free version.

• SlapHappy
    SlapHappy Posts: 0

I am being timed out after 30 seconds on my private account where I assist persons in charities and not for profit personal use.

• hi there, i am using the free personal Teamviewer and has been ok all these while but recently it state commecial use dectected..i don't understand as i've been using the same PC till now pls can anyone help me?and now my teamviewer is showing me the below info

• MrWolfe
    MrWolfe Posts: 0

Hi,

I have been using team viewer for years with out any problems. When I recently upgraded to the latest version, I have been flagged as a commercial user. I have submitted the form to have my access reset twice now, and the moment I try and use the program again I am instantly being flagged as a commercial user. This is beyond a joke. Can you please investigate and fix the bug in the latest version of team viewer.

• Selorex
    Selorex Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

Good Morning,

Thanks for assisting me! I'm getting an error that my home computer belongs to a domain and that I'll need to purchase a license. I'm able to stay connected for around 2 minutes, and then I time out. At times I will remote into the personal computer from my work computer which is domain joined, but never from home to work. Is there anyway around this, or will I have to purchase a license? Since that message has started, even from personal device to personal PC I'm still seeing the same issue.

Thank you for your assistance!

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Otakar,

In order to better understand your issue, could you please send some relevant error messages/screenshots when you connect the other way?

Community Manager

• tamoor0334
    tamoor0334 Posts: 1

Hello,

Whenever I connect my PC with my mobile app, I always get an error that I am using this for commercial purposes and not for personal use. I purely use this for my personal need. How can I resolve this error?

• IoanGr
    IoanGr Posts: 2 ✭✭

An information window about commercial use appears, but this is incorrect. The program is used only for personal purposes. How to fix it?

• IoanGr
    IoanGr Posts: 2 ✭✭

This page does not have a Russian language, for me it is problematic

• g4ugm
    g4ugm Posts: 10 ✭✭

I know this is only the community, but unless teamvier sort out the mess they created I have found a use for the unlimited minutes I have on my phone