Import 500+ Computers / Contacts in Teamviewer

Dear Expert.

I have exported all computers and contacts from Teamviewer 10 to CSV file.

I need to import the same users in Teamviewer 15 (latest one)

Could you please help

As adding one by one consumes lot of time

Please Help

Peter Lobo

Best Answer

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi again Peter - I checked with our support and they were so kind helping me out with some advanced information. Thanks to @Scotty

➡ In this case, you have 3 options. I will list them below ranging from easiest, to most difficult.

1. Move the existing account

Accounts are not “Version 10” or “Version 15”.

Licenses are, but licenses can be changed and accounts can be migrated from one place to another.

If this account contains this many devices, you can simply move the account to the new license and company profile.

You can change the Name, Email Address and Password and the current group structure will be maintained with very little effort. This also means your passwords, any “Assignment”, additional services etc will all be maintained.

This is the recommended option.

2. Move all the Devices

You can share the groups with full control from one group to another.

The original account would still own the group, but from there you can then move all the devices into a group you own.

To do this, once you have shared the group with Full Control You can select all the devices in the shared group and move them into a group you own.

Note that this will not work for all versions or devices as some things cannot be transferred.

3. If you really want to do this via CSV

If you really want to do this via export – import, you would need to use our API.

There is no native way to do this as group sharing is the intended method.

We have an example of exporting this here, but I do not have an example of an import sorry – this would be something you would need to write if you want to go down this path especially as the script would need to match the format of your CSV.

Former Community Manager

Answers

• Esther
    edited June 2021

HI Peter,

are those computers & Contacts saved in your Computers & Contacts list?

The list will stay synced when logging in to another TeamViewer version.

Feel free to give it a try on a test device by downloading TeamViewer 15 and logging in to your Account.

Hope the info helps,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• PeterLobo
    PeterLobo Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited June 2021

Right now I have added all my computers to account lobop@.......com

Now my HQ has allotted me teamviewer15 with acccount peter...lobo@.......com this is on version (Teamviewer 10)

I needed all my previous account computers to be added in new account. ((Teamviewer 15)

So with some help from google i have exported the list as below now i want to import to new account

pk   remotecontrol_id   groupid   alias   password

11   *   *   anaandy_new_Laptop   Xxxx3332?

12   *  *  Pre_sttation   Xxxx3332?

13   *   *   RajKumar   Xxxx3332?

* - [Personal information removed per Community Guidelines]

Peter Lobo

• Esther

Hi again Peter,

You can also share all accounts with the new account via the group sharing feature: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/30221-sharing-groups

Or, if I understand it correctly, that you now need to use a different email address: You should also be able to change the email address of your account in the settings. Your only need to have access to the inbox of those email addresses to confirm the change.

Former Community Manager

• PeterLobo

Hello Esther,

Sharing does not help me much.

We are about to close earlier account and use new account.

What i want is transfer these Computers along with Group (If Group is not exported its okay with me)

to my new Teamviewer account.

See if its possible,

• Esther

Hi Peter - what about the option to change your email address in the Management Console --> Edit Profile? Would that work for you?

Former Community Manager

• PeterLobo

No it doesnt help , right now I have shared group but issue is Ownership still with Old ID.

• Esther
    Answer ✓

Hi again Peter - I checked with our support and they were so kind helping me out with some advanced information. Thanks to @Scotty

➡ In this case, you have 3 options. I will list them below ranging from easiest, to most difficult.

1. Move the existing account

Accounts are not “Version 10” or “Version 15”.

Licenses are, but licenses can be changed and accounts can be migrated from one place to another.

If this account contains this many devices, you can simply move the account to the new license and company profile.

You can change the Name, Email Address and Password and the current group structure will be maintained with very little effort. This also means your passwords, any “Assignment”, additional services etc will all be maintained.

This is the recommended option.

2. Move all the Devices

You can share the groups with full control from one group to another.

The original account would still own the group, but from there you can then move all the devices into a group you own.

To do this, once you have shared the group with Full Control You can select all the devices in the shared group and move them into a group you own.

Note that this will not work for all versions or devices as some things cannot be transferred.

3. If you really want to do this via CSV

If you really want to do this via export – import, you would need to use our API.

There is no native way to do this as group sharing is the intended method.

We have an example of exporting this here, but I do not have an example of an import sorry – this would be something you would need to write if you want to go down this path especially as the script would need to match the format of your CSV.

Former Community Manager