User friendly background when downloading custom Teamviewer

Options
JoelS
JoelS Posts: 1

Hi,

I use custom quick support links for most of my customers. Whenever I instruct an end user to go to my link and run the app most of them just sits there staring at the background image with the spinning thingy saying "Loading Teamviewer".

I say - Run the app. And they reply - OK it's loading.

I then wait a minute or two before I ask - How's the progress to which they reply - It's still loading.

Then I have to instruct them to run the file in the bottom left corner (Safari is even worse).

This usually takes more time than to actually fix the problem they were calling for.

All due to a **bleep** background (and of course **bleep** end users). And this is in at least 70% of the cases I handle.

My suggestion is that you look at what for example Adobe has done with Adobe Reader. The background instructs the user to click the downloaded file. Or at least have a none-misleading background image.

13 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• cmezza
    cmezza Posts: 1
    edited April 2021
    Options

THAT! Exactly !

We need non ambiguous text saying a file is being downloaded, look down, open it !

And a big **bleep** arrow pointing at the bottom of the browser's window.

Sometimes I too spend more time guiding the users stuck on that page, rather than fixing their problems! 😕

Thank you

• kevineaton77
    kevineaton77 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options

oh yes! i have already suggested this, and been wanting it for a long time. see my post here

• MartinAddpro
    MartinAddpro Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Please implement this ASAP, we are wasting so much time on daily basis waiting cause the user sits and waits since it literally tells them that it's loading.

Most of the time i just tell them to click "Not loaded yet? Try again" and they usally spot that something is hapening in one of the corners.

• ITSSBTV
    ITSSBTV Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

TeamViewer, I've had to instruct 3 different times in the past several days that the download already is started or most times done. Ask what browser, then instruct where to look for the TeamViewerQS file or the user's Download folder, where there's 2 or 3 TeamViewerQS TeamViewerQS (1), TeamViewerQS (2) files...

Please update your download page as stated above and use indicators to point out the location of the download in the different browsers. Thank you.

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 972 Moderator
    Options

Hi all,

We thank you for sharing your feedback on this matter.

We do have an article in our Knowledge Base, explaining and showing, with screenshots, where to find the QuickSupport file according to the end-user browser.

📄 Download custom QuickSupport module

We wish you all a great day,

Jen

@JoelS @cmezza @kevineaton77 @MartinAddpro @ITSSBTV

Modératrice Communauté Francophone 💌 French Community Moderator

• ablair125
    ablair125 Posts: 1
    Options

Exactly, we need this information on the download page, not on a separate page, as it doesn't do any good there.