How to cancel my order

Answers

• DocRob
    DocRob Posts: 1
    edited May 2023

How come there is not an easy cancel button. You make it difficult to cancel subscriptions on purpose. THAT IS STRAIGHTOUT **bleep**!!!!

• timhuang67
    timhuang67 Posts: 0

Yes, I agree, They don't let you cancel and trick you into auto renew.

Cancel your auto subcription by unlinking your paypal or credit card

• DaveC64
    DaveC64 Posts: 1
    edited April 2021

I have been through this several times. TV sent an email saying that they would auto-renew my subscription. I don't need it. I need to submit a ticket. But following the submit a ticket route just sends me down the rabbit hole of 'go to the community'. Does this company have any humans that can actually support customers?

Had a similar experience, any suggestions?

Dave

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @DaveC64

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

In order to submit a ticket, you need to sign in with a licensed account:

Please ensure you are using the account you activated the license to.

If this is not possible, please contact our support teams directly via the phone for further assistance:

Thanks in advance.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Sajaa
    Sajaa Posts: 1
    edited May 2023

R00621398

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi there,

in our Knowledge Hub article All about subscription you can learn how and until when to cancel your subscription:

Hope that helps,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Timburne
    Timburne Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

This is ridiculous from such a large company. The email that is listed as a contact on PayPal is unmonitored! Such **bleep**. I don't need Teamviewer now but next time I do I'll be looking for a different solution. Crooks

• Timburne
    edited May 2023

Ha ha @Esther what a load of **bleep**....

Click Teamviewer customer portal as you mention here and...

Page Not Found

The page you were looking for could not be found.

It's like a scammy software company trying to stop leavers - far too simple to add a simple cancel button like any reputable business would...

Like some Insta diet selling scam

• Esther

HI Tim - thanks for mentioning that the links in my post above are no longer working. I corrected them now and can confirm that they are linking to the correct articles again (please see my original posting above).

The reason for this is that the post has been made prior to the migration of this community to a new platform. For some reason did the automated forwarded of the article not work correctly.

So don´t worry - it´s nothing scammy and I apologize for the non-working link. Our goal was of course that all links keep on working after the platform migration.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Timburne

Hi Ether,

thanks for the note but to be honest I still think teamviewer is scammy - Only a very dodgy outfit would make it so hard to cancel and to be contacted. Maybe your churn rate is so so awful you need to hang onto people until they learn how to get out. No company I would want to work for though. And, importantly for your folks as I am a buyer, no company I will ever buy from again.

• Esther

Hi again Tim,

Sorry to hear that. I apologize that the cancellation process has been hard for you. Our goal is to make the whole process from using our software the first time until the very last day as comfortable as possible, but there seems to be room for improvements.

Rest assured that I will forward your feedback internally.

Thanks again for the time you took writing us your feedback!

I hope you will be using TeamViewer again one day in the future!

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• CameronThomson
    CameronThomson Posts: 1
    edited May 2023

Where do you write to in order to cancel a subscription?

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,554 Moderator

Hi, @CameronThomson

Thank you for posting.

You may find the option of submit a ticket on TeamViewer Community top navigation bar. Please use your licensed account for ticket submission.

Hope it would help,

Regards,

Ying

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Cariappa
    Cariappa Posts: 4 ✭✭

I wish to end my subscription but TeamViewer makes this so hard, there is a toll number which costs money, no email address to send a request. Unacceptable.

• Cariappa
    Cariappa Posts: 4 ✭✭

I wish to cancel my automatic renewal, how does this worj=k and why is it so hard to do so.

• MatiasM74
    MatiasM74 Posts: 1

This is a modern scam from a big company, maybe I should make a lawsuit for all the clients that are unable to cancel there subscriptions, and then if they lose the will have to pay everyone that the have scammed. So please write here about there scam.

• Lzlzou
    Lzlzou Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello all,

I am in the same position, trying to cancel and just going round in the website with no luck. So far I done the following:

Emailed them at sales@teamviewer.com asking to cancel - well before the 28 days so this should not be a problem

my credit card expired and I have not updated the records.

Cancel the PayPal payment

I will also call my bank and ask them to refuse the payment, as far as I am concerned TeamViewer have been notified, it is a total shame how they treat people.

I cant wait for all this to be done and over and being able to move to a better provider.

Good luck to all of you!

• AnandBurli
    AnandBurli Posts: 1
    edited June 2021

Hello Sir

My case is similar, I have been trying to cancel my subscription and according I raised a ticket, they advised me to write a mail to some [personal information removed per community guidelines] and as my mail exchanges were happening, suddenly received one mail Thanking me for the order and they deducted my yearly subscription fees using Auto-Debit from my credit card.

I had never requested for Auto-Renewal nor have given my consent for Auto-Debit, now they are not even replying to my mails.

Can you please help me in this - I do not require the software and they have deducted the amount with informing me or taking my consent.

We are located in India.

Anand Burli

[removed per community guidelines]

• TS_Telecoms
    TS_Telecoms Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hello

To be honest I had no intention to cancel our auto-renew. We have had our subscription for 3 years now. I was looking for how to locate the renewal date and update credit card. I just happen to come across this post.

After reading this it is shocking to see how an established company resorts to such dirtly tactics. On a product basis, we have had no issues but will defiantly now make sure our subscription is cancelled.

If you can make it easy to buy you can certainly make it easy for someone to find a link to cancel the auto-renew. Introducing a layer of complexity into something that should be quite simple is definitely a way to lose customers. Consumers should punish companies that used dirty tricks. I Will certainly cancel and I had no intention too..

• Tomasz_PL
    Tomasz_PL Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited May 2021

Hi,

to tell the truth I very am disappointed how TeamViewer treats customers. Almost everywhere when you want to cancel your subscription you just have a button in your panel and you can do it very easily. In TemaViewer you can just "Buy more", "Upgrade", "Add" - but nowhere cancel.

Anyway, the prices went up and I decided to cancel the subscription so I filled the form and set a ticket. Very quickly received a confirmation that someone would get in touch with me (what for??? - I just want to cancel!). For a week no one has got in touch with me and my subscription renewal date stays unchanged. So I contacted sales department today and they said to fill the cancellation form :))) I told them that I already did that so they asked to send an email to contact@

The question is -TeamViewer really reliable firm if they ar so disorganized internally?

I have set a second ticket today, requesting subscription cancellation. I wonder if I will manage to go through so complicated process which is cancellation of TeamViewer subscription.

Unfortunately I am not the only one:

https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/47673/unable-to-cancel-subscription

This seems to be a common practice. Am I wrong, dear TeamViewer Cancellation Subscription Department?

regards

Tomasz

• VVNG
    VVNG Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

I would like to cancel my subscription to teamviewer now , I have subscribed for one Year to mange my PC remotly from my workplace. I've already delete my account today. My Invoice No. is [removed as per the community guidelines. ]

• raciccarone_99
    raciccarone_99 Posts: 1

Yeah. I've had a great experience, but this is totally scam behavior. I'm actually going to have to cancel my credit card so they don't charge me. I can't believe I have to deal with this. The sad part is that i will also cancel my subscription at my company because this is so poorly managed.

• how2cancelplz
    how2cancelplz Posts: 1

this is the same for me, i am unable to cancel my subscription trapped in an infinite loop of going to the support page until the renewal date ticked over. this is not the best practice for handling customer issues.

• Tomasz_PL
    Tomasz_PL Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have just noticed that my original topic was transformed and the title was changed. Probably because it started to be discussed.

I have already written that I set even 2 tickets. The first was closed with autoresponse informing me that someone would call me (what never happened). The second ticket was just closed with no comment. I also called the support to cancel the subscription and they asked me to set a ticket. This is crazy. Just an advice for all - test if you can successfully cancel your subscription, because it looks like you may need a lawyer to cancel it. I have never had such case and I would never expect that it happens in Teamviewer. They just ignore you and pretend that the cancellation didn't take place. In my subscription I can stil see that the new renewal will take place in a few days.

I don't want to have anything in common with this firm never again..

• JamieAxis
    JamieAxis Posts: 5 ✭✭

I want to cancel my subscription and have raised a ticket however had no response! Why is it so difficult to cancel my renewal? I even received emails threatening me with debt recovery agents if I didn't pay! What type of a company is this?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @JamieAxis,

Please understand that we have a high load of requests at the moment.

If a ticket has been successfully created (and therefore you received a ticket number), you only need to wait for the reply of our customer support.

We thank you in advance for your understanding and your patience.

Community Manager

• meszaros1
    meszaros1 Posts: 1
    edited May 2023

Dear Sir/ Madam,

we would like to ask your help about cancelling our yearly subscription.

Please find attached our last invoice.

[Information removed per Community Guidelines]

Please send us your confirmation of our cancellation.

Thank you for your help in advance.

We are looking forward to your kindly reply.

Best Regards,

[Information removed per Community Guidelines]

meszaros1

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 802 [Former Staff]

Hello @meszaros1,

Please refrain from posting such sensitive data in a public forum.

To cancel your subscription, you have to contact our support and describe your request again.

To find our support, go to:

Best,

Justin

German Community Moderator

• Tahas
    Tahas Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited August 2021

Dear Team,

We would like to cancel the subscription for the license number - [removed per Community Guidelines] as we will not be using the same. We will renew it once we will start using it again.

Kindly cancel the subscription and let us know about the same.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Tahas,

In order to cancel your license, please contact our customer support directly:

Community Manager