Teamviewer will no longer connect to host.

VictoriaWhitsett
VictoriaWhitsett Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 2021 in General questions

Error message says host not connected to the internet or TeamViewer not open. This is not true. Can anyone help me? I operate the client and I'm 25 miles away from the host. We're both on Mac Big Sur.

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @VictoriaWhitsett,

I recommend restarting TeamViewer on all impacted devices.

Community Manager

• VictoriaWhitsett

I've restarted TeamViewer on all devices multiple times. I also uninstalled and reinstalled TeamViewer on all devices, to no avail.

Unless you have something new for me to do, I have no choice but to abandon TeamViewer for a more reliable program. That's sad, because it worked magnificently for a year or more before this happened.

I'm really discouraged and hope you can help me.

Monica

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

We could not reproduce the error on our test devices.

It is most probably a bug on your device(s).

But I might have a last resort solution for you...🧚‍♂️

There is a specific way of uninstalling TeamViewer (the so-called Manual Uninstallation) that really "erases" everything about TeamViewer on your Mac.

This could reset the settings and solve the issue. It might be worth giving it a try.

Please find how to proceed here:

I hope this will fix the issue!

Community Manager

• VictoriaWhitsett

Thanks so much. I just used the uninstall button on the Teamviewer from my apps folder, so I believe my uninstall wasn't complete. Will use the steps in this article and give it another try.

Best regards,

Monica

• aoga2000
    aoga2000 Posts: 1

I am experiencing the same issue after upgrading my remote control computer. Did this fix the problem on your Mac?

• VictoriaWhitsett

Haven't have time to do a complete uninstall/reinstall. My host computer is 25 miles away from my client. Will get over there on Thursday (7/22) and report back.