Business subscription but Teamviewer program says Free

BenQ3
BenQ3 Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 2021 in General questions

Hello, I have a paid Business subscription last renewed September 2020.

I have a computer that says 'Free license' when starting Teamviewer and it will not let me connect to others.

The computer is authorised and listed in the device list. This is also happening on my mobile android app.

Thanks

Ben

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,591 Moderator

Hi @BenQ3,

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to TeamViewer Community.

Can you kindly try the activation steps to authorise your TeamViewer account please.

Hope the information would be helpful.

Warm regards,

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • BenQ3

Hello,

I looked at that link and tried to follow through but it simply takes me to the webpage to login to the management console. I check my profile and license and it says I have a Business account.

My subscription began before October 2017 and I tried this link but it does not work either. My original email 'Activate' link simply takes me to the login page for the management console.

Business license activation (legacy) - TeamViewer Support

In my account, I have only 3 devices listed in the 'Detected Installations' section, however my Teamviewer app still says 'Free license' and prevents me from connecting, or after I connect it disconnects within a minute and then won't allow immediate reconnection. I have tried on a Windows PC and an android phone with no success.

• BenQ3

One other issue I've noticed, I have no access to the Teamviewer ticket system to lodge support queries even though I have a business subscription. It seems like teamviewer are treating our business account as a free account somehow in the system.

• BenQ3

I did that but there is no confirmation my license has been reactivated again.

I get an error message saying 'Invalid token' once the management console appears.

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,591 Moderator

Hi @BenQ3,

As your TeamViewer Business license is the type of device activation. TeamViewer license will only be linked but not activated on your TeamViewer account. You may have TeamViewer connections on the 3 licensed devices. For more information, feel free to contact TeamViewer Support Team for more discussion.

We appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员