"Your partner rejected your connection request"

Hi,

For some reason, some devices are able to connect to via teamviewer host and it works fine. Other devices are having issues saying "Your partner rejected your request" even though it is not prompting for a request on the device. I have already reinstalled, reactivated, downloaded the add-on app, allowed permissions on top, cleared the cache and it still does not allow me to connect to the device. On the device, i get the notification saying that it is connected, but on the PC it says "Your partner rejected the request". I've read through the forums and have had no luck.

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @MarcosECM,

Could you please check id the following solution applies for you?

Community Manager

• Jacky_001
    Jacky_001 Posts: 1

Hi,

Be sure that you are using “Remote Control Using Password’ button to connect, the location of the remote control buttons have changed after most recent update on ios.

• nb9442
    nb9442 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I'm having the same issue. I can connect TeamViewer fine, but when I click "Remote control", it immediately fails with the "Your partner rejected your connection request".

User rebooted phone, but no luck.

• nb9442
    nb9442 Posts: 2 ✭✭

It was the same issue as the iOS - it needed the "Draw over other apps" permission. This must be a recent change as it was working up until recently.

• Tatou
    Tatou Posts: 1

I have the same issue of message "your partner rejected your connection request". Something must have been changed by Team Viewer recently. This problem is new from July 2021.

I am trying to transfer files from a remote MAC ( 10.13.6 running Team Viewer 15.19.4 ) to my MAC running 10.14.6 and Team Viewer 15.16.8 .

And I have the same problem with another MAC ( 10.14.6 and Team Viewer 15.16.8) to my MAC ( 10.14.6 and Team Viewer 15.16.8).

Where is the bug ? What to do ? Thank you

• KevinJohn
    KevinJohn Posts: 1

Hi, has anyone been able to solve this ? It still is coming up the same for me.