LAN connection is not working.

I have two windows 10 PC running on same LAN. I can connect from A to B using local IP, but cannot connect from B to A.

Team viewer versions and other configurations are matching on both PC.

Is there anyone having same issue and solution for this?

Thanks.

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Bluediscover,

In order to better understand your issue, could you please send some relevant screenshots/error messages?

Community Manager

• Bluediscover
    Bluediscover Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited August 2021

Hello @JeanK ,

There is no error message for a long time. It just keeps waiting without the password input dialog.

Below is the log from the target PC.

[Log files removed per Community Guidelines]

• JeanK
    edited August 2021

Currently, a deeper analysis of the logs is only available for licensed customers.

However, what you could try is to fully uninstall TeamViewer on the impacted computers by following this exact procedure:

After reinstalling it, it should be working as expected. I hope this helps. 🍀

Community Manager

• Bluediscover
    Bluediscover Posts: 3 ✭✭

@JeanK I tried reinstalling it multiple times already and it didn't work.

The link you shared is for MacOS. I am on windows.

LAN connection works fine when I installed older version(15.2.2756) of teamviewer on the target PC.

• JeanK

@Bluediscover I have updated the post with the article for Windows, thank you.

Could you give it a try?

Community Manager

• thewingpk
    thewingpk Posts: 1

Hi hope you are doing well

I'm now running both Kubuntu (20.04.1 LTS) and Windows 10 on my computer (should be up to date).

I only started doing this yesterday, and everything seemed OK at first. However, I had no Internet (at all) and no sound after going to Windows to export some config files and then returning to Kubuntu (USB Headset). Both of them are still operational as of this writing (typing this in Windows 10).

I'm using an Ethernet connection with a Realtek controller (on my motherboard); Windows won't tell me much else, but here's the driver version: 10.37.1028.2019

My headset is a Sound Blaster XH6, which works perfectly on Windows as well, but getting Ethernet to work is currently my top goal.

Here's a list of stuff I attempted (which is probably incomplete):

Instead of restarting Windows, you can shut it down.

Using Device Manager, disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

In Device Manager, enable or disable "Shutdown Wake-On-Lan."

Before quitting Windows, run ipconfig /release.

Installing Kubuntu and setting up a new Ethernet connection

I'm out of ideas and have previously looked at a lot of queries, but none of them have a solution that also helps me.

Please let me know if I need to supply any further information.

I'm now running both Kubuntu (20.04.1 LTS) and Windows 10 on my computer (should be up to date).

I only started doing this yesterday, and everything seemed OK at first. However, I had no Internet (at all) and no sound after going to Windows to export some config files and then returning to Kubuntu (USB Headset). Both of them are still operational as of this writing (typing this in Windows 10).

I'm using an Ethernet connection with a Realtek controller (on my motherboard); Windows won't tell me much else, but here's the driver version: 10.37.1028.2019

My headset is a Sound Blaster XH6, which works perfectly on Windows as well, but getting Ethernet to work is currently my top goal.

Here's a list of stuff I attempted (which is probably incomplete):

Instead of restarting Windows, you can shut it down.

Using Device Manager, disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

In Device Manager, enable or disable "Shutdown Wake-On-Lan."

Before quitting Windows, run ipconfig /release.

Installing Kubuntu and setting up a new Ethernet connection

I'm out of ideas and have previously looked at a lot of queries, but none of them have a solution that also helps me.

Please let me know if I need to supply any further information.

Regards TheWing.Pk