Is connection possible even if teamviewer is closed but TeamViewer_Service.exe is still running?

monavi
monavi Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2021 in General questions

Hi all.

For what I know, teamviewer has to be open to allow incoming connections.

But I noticed that even when it is closed, a process called TeamViewer_Service.exe still runs on background.

So I would like to know if this process allows connections without my permissions or not, like via API or other ways outside the classic web/client interface.

I hope my question is clear.

Thank you

Tagged:

Answers

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 918 Moderator

Hello @monavi

thanks for your post. Welcome to our community! :)

Please remember that in order to exit TeamViewer completely, you have to go to your taskbar and exit TeamViewer

After that TeamViewer is closed.

If you want to make your account more secure, TeamViewer offers different security features and I would recommend that you have a look at our security handbook for more information (e.g. two factor authentication, allow/blocklist, assign a device to your account...).

Best, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• monavi
    monavi Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi @AlenaC thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately when I close teamviewer from the task bar, the process TeamViewer_Service.exe still runs.

This is the screenshot from my pc with both taskbar and task manager open. As you can see, despite teamviewer is closed in the taskbar, still that process inside task manager is on ( I hope it's not a problem to understand with the Italian interface )