Need to inplace update older versions of TV remotely

gizmo1234
gizmo1234 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have a corporate lifetime licence for TV 11 and have many remote box's using TV 9 & 10. I must get them updated to TV 11 before sept 15 2021 or I will lose control. When I try to use the auto update feature I get and error saying to check the logs, nothing in the logs help solve the problem as well as I don't think I can use TV 14 or 15 on these old machines or with my licence. I need to inplace upgrade to TV 11 but when I run the install I am told I have to uninstall the old version first and this can not be done remotely, the machines are embedded and have no display or keyboard or anyone around that can handle this. Can someone tell me how to manually do an remote upgrade to TV11? how does the auto update function work that it can do this?

Thank you for any help that can be provided,

Giz

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @gizmo1234,

I am afraid that we are in a very unfortunate situation. 😓

If the remote update button does not work, the only solution would be to manually uninstall TeamViewer 9 & 10 from your devices.

(If they have no monitor, you might need to plug a monitor in for the uninstallation)

And install manually TeamViewer 11 on your devices.

You can find TeamViewer 11 via this link:

Community Manager

• gizmo1234
    gizmo1234 Posts: 2 ✭✭

That is exactly the point I was trying to make, I know that can be done but my devices are embedded into equipment with no monitor/keyboard and no personally around them that can help. A little technical information on how the auto update works is all I need to be able to create a manual remote procedure. Even if the auto update worked it would try to put me to 14 or 15 and theses old box's will not support that and my licence will not either. I assume the auto update uses a different file then the normal install? Any info would be helpful. Giz