I use Teamviewer 12 to support Windows XP Medical devices

mriguy
mriguy Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited August 2021 in General questions

It is my understanding that Windows XP is not supported beyond version 12. How can I upgrade to TV 15 and still use the product to support my customers?

A medical device is FDA controlled and I do not have the legal option to upgrade the customers even if I wanted to. I cannot use TV if it does not support Windows XP. I bought a perpetual license years ago, and if I cannot use it anymore it takes a lot of work to migrate to another desktop sharing platform, and I feel that something I bought was taken away from me. Teamviewer, I want a refund or else the ability to continue on version 12.

I understand there are security problems with Windows XP. That is not TeamViewer's responsibility.

Tagged:

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @mriguy,

TeamViewer 12 is the license you bought. It is still supported and usable on Windows XP.

Please find all the relevant information here:

Community Manager

• mriguy

then why do i get a message to upgrade and why does it cut me off after 5 minutes? I might have an older version on the remote computer, but I cannot upgrade remotely in 5 minutes. I need to have a path to remotely upgrade to 12.

• JeanK

Unfortunately, if you have a version that is older than v12, you will have to manually update TeamViewer on this device.

There is currently no workaround for this.

We thank you in advance for your understanding.

Community Manager

• mriguy

i understand i need to update. But if I had the subscription-paid version 15, I would be able to remotely upgrade my customers, right? So since Teamviewer has caused this extra work, with no benefiit to me, wouldn't it be fair and reasonable if TV allowed me to remotely upgrade my customers? As it is now, I cannot support them and need to personally visit sites around the country to restore that ability. this is very disruptive.

• JeanK
    edited August 2021

Even with the subscription, you would still be facing these interruptions.

Please see the article below:

We understand the difficulties encountered and are very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Community Manager

• mriguy

you dont understand my question. i want to remotely upgrade my customer to TV 12, and that can be done remotely over the subscription model, even if it times out once or twice. I cannot do tht using my present license.