Complimentary TeamViewer 15 access for legacy versions to be deprecated

1235»

Comments

• aras61
    aras61 Posts: 0

I am sure same of you are in the same situation. First they cut me off every five minutes to force me to to switch the new version and now I can not connect to my computers. They are saying that I could use it until 2024 (ten years from the purchase date). I purchased it in 2014 and wasn't told it was for 10 years. I paid for the lifetime license. Is anyone is in the same situation who wants to bring them to court?

• Andreasson
    Andreasson Posts: 1

Dear TeamViewer support,

We own permanent Corporate license for Teamviewer 8 since 2013-05

License was not limited to 10 years the day we bought it.

We ordered to use it for longer period and accept price for this.

How can you now limit this now to 10 years o 2023-05???

License was not limited the day we bought it.

Now you take away something we already payed for, right it?

I request you to remove this 10 years limitation earliest.

Awaiting your response. Thanks.

• FrustratedCustomer
    FrustratedCustomer Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

We are now stuck with some machines which were not upgraded prior to September 15th to V15 and are now no longer accessible.

To physically access these machines its going to cost a lot of time and money, some machines will cost us over $2800 just to get the equipment to access those locations.

Support refuses to help, saying the servers for versions prior to 9 have been turned off, even though I can see computers online that are <V10. we paid for perpetual licensing, however that wasn't what it seems.

Support suggested we should have updated all computers prior to the cut off date, but with over 500 computers, and no management portal to show what computers are running which version, this was practically impossible.

What next, will they start cutting us off every year as soon as any licensing expires? its a pure money grab by TeamViewer.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• HeidiBorzillo
    HeidiBorzillo Posts: 6 ✭✭

I am here because I was just sent the link from Customer Support because we can no longer connect with about 200 pc's still on version 10. Why wouldn't you notifiy your admins that this was happening? This is now a scramble for us and we have people we can't support.

• roberto_sf_v10
    roberto_sf_v10 Posts: 5 ✭✭

I upgraded to v15, activated the version 10 biz license on the management portal login.teamviewer.com.

The web management console on the top right under my name it reads "Business." Then it goes to the process of opening the full windows install program when i click on a remote computer to connect.

But the windows installed app reads "Free."  So the activated legacy 10 business lic on the web is not being sent or synced with the locally installed program. And cannot find how to fix this.

How do i fix this problem these two problems?

• Admin_12345
    Admin_12345 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

Teamviewer shut me (and others) down (and they deleted my Perpetual License V9 without any notice. I cant find it anymore in my Portal).

I buyed yearly subscription v15 but stil had some V9 endpoints with a custom endpoint client.

Now per 15-9 they cut every older endpoint from there servers. Since the software does have a lack in showing which endpoints needs to be updated from the portal, its not possible to catch every old endpoint to update manually, and there is also no remote solution to update the endpoint.

Now it shows the shortcommings of a bad design and creating a pitfall for their costumers. This is hilarious and catastrofal at the same time. I wish now i never buyed this software. Every well designed RMM solution can send a trigger to update or has a portal with software versions.

TV also extend their connections til 15 sept DURING HOLIDAY. My god.. what are they thinking?

TV wants us to give away admin passwords to update remote endpoints? I also work with disabled people which cannot update the endpoint manually so i need to do it. I cannot drive to every endpoint by myself so i need back access to update those endpoints but are unable to do it because TV tells me the server is down.

Some of my endpoints running XP (Register and kiosk systems) this is a disaster.

A big thank you TeamViewer NOT!

• sosed213
    sosed213 Posts: 1

What to do now?

How did it happen that the permanent license turned into a 10-year license, and access to the servers was confiscated? It is legal?

• Labsy
    Labsy Posts: 40 ✭✭
    edited November 2021

We will probably switch to some other solution, like **Third Party Product** ot **Third Party Product** due to this cut-off from TeamViewer's servers. I have hundreds of computers all around the country, so how the heck you imagine updating them now MANUALLY? By driving 1 month from site to site, manually un-installing older version and installing new?

Please, TeamViewer developers, CONSIDER THIS SUGGESTION:

1.) Re-enable support for older versions on your servers for another year!

2.) Add feature of REMOTE UPDATE, so we will have time AND TOOLS to upgrade remote clients to compatible version before you shut down support again.

This is the only acceptable scenario for PAID product, as per my point of view.

• juliosantone
    juliosantone Posts: 1

I upgrade my 10 Premium license to this Complimentary TV 15

I suppose to last until December 31 2025, but now I'm getting a sign that my subscription will expire in 45 days

Also nobody answer my mails

Is this Complimentary access a real deal ?

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @juliosantone

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, it is a real deal 👍

And I apologize that you got this popup yesterday!

I heard that there have been some customers experiencing the same yesterday (about a license expiry in 45 days) and I assume this is what you received too. The team informed me, that the popup has been disabled and they will make sure that it won´t be shown to customers who are not having their subscription renewed within the next 45 days!

Once again sorry for the confusion and Happy New Year,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• slawow
    slawow Posts: 1
    edited January 2022

I must admit that I am disappointed with the company's behavior. When I became a client, I consciously chose the perpetual license and the terms on which it was granted. At that time, there was no question of any term of its duration. Certainly, many users contributed to the promotion of this system in this way, and also financed its development.

In my opinion, it was necessary to start a discussion and offer such users a solution based on partnership relations.

I think that the proposal to pay a one-time fee in return for leaving the perpetual license on the current terms allowing the use of the original functionalities in the current version would be fair and justified.

• croshad
    croshad Posts: 2 ✭✭

I just got offered a lifetime 50% off on subscription if i change my perpetual licence to that. I'd have to be pretty **bleep** to believe their "lifetime" deals now, after they killed several of my "lifetime" licences. On the other hand, since my other "lifetime" licences now also have expiration date, they are pretty much forcing me to do this or (more realistically) switch to another software.

• lbliss
    lbliss Posts: 3 ✭✭

Why won't TeamViewer Corporate honor their Lifetime license agreement with the people who took a chance with them when they were just getting started and purchased their Lifetime license. Without People, like me, that took that chance, there would not be a "TeamViewer".

Please honor the LifeTime agreement and reinstate our account from free to full featured one you promised.

If anyone else is having this problem, please comment on this thread.

• Cavadias
    Cavadias Posts: 11 ✭✭

Friend, current TeamViewer management has managed to make loyal perpetual license holders unhappy as well as their investors. Hopefully they will reason and make deals as most of us wouldn't complain to upgrade with an annual license as it was the time we bogout ours. They keep loosing 1000sands from us.

I also got this problem.

• cenitsavgarcia
    cenitsavgarcia Posts: 3 ✭✭

To all those angry because their perpetual license expired, in case the doctors charge a single consultation and all the others are free, you pay a lawyer for a session and you have consultations for life, you pay a toll and travel all your life on the roads.

Perpetual License refers to the life of the Product not the Human who bought it and versions 5-10 are already dead.

• lbliss
    lbliss Posts: 3 ✭✭

Our full version Life-Time license has been downgraded to the free version.

• prasadaxiom
    prasadaxiom Posts: 4 ✭✭

I purchased TeamViewer -7 license long back. It was a One-time paid version. Now I had to upgrade to the latest version. If I want to update the Licenses key for it, it is not accepting and it is showing as "Free License/Non Commercial usage". How to solve this?

• Netcat
    Netcat Posts: 1
    edited February 2023

We to purchased a perpetual license, and have been force-upgraded to newer versions throughout the years while maintaining our perpetual license status, now all of a sudden our license information shows (FREE ACCOUNT), this is a dishonest bait N Switch other companies have attempted within the past several years that has not turned out for them.

i.e. Filmora's attempt to Bait N Switch their Perpetual License holders.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

We too would be happy to join any class action lawsuit against Teamviewer if they persist in this dishonest attempt to Switch the terms of their original agreement towards Perpetual license holders.

• Cavadias
    Cavadias Posts: 11 ✭✭

Its a pitty, I would have updated already twice the last five years. Hope they change minds, so I can update.

• Tom_Waller0056
    Tom_Waller0056 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited March 2023

I paid something like 1800 Canadian dollars for a Teamviewer 10 lifetime license, and now you have cast me aside by altering the terms as you see fit. I am disgusted as my few clients are non-technical bar staff busy serving customers in busy Pubs here in Malta, and they can not type in a one-time password so I can fix their problem. **bleep** American Corporate GREED Do not **bleep** over Security. This is GREED, pure and simple.

• chunmoon
    chunmoon Posts: 1

Dear Sir,

what about teamviewer 11-14 ?

• KevinK1000000
    KevinK1000000 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited February 26

What a frigging crock. I can no longer recommend TV to customers because of this **bleep**. I am stuck using it for another few months but will be going back to some other (ANY other) remote access.

Beware... TEAMVIEWER sales will say anything to make a sale. They promised a 50% discount FOREVER and now 2 yrs later, that discount is $0.

In the past, TV fooled endpoint users into upgrading their client software to something above our v11 lifetime license (locking us out and requiring a downgrade every time I had to support their systems).

2 years ago they promised a $50 perpetual discount on their overpriced subscription model but it was easier than having to downgrade clients (daily) back to our licensed version. Last year the discount shrank by about half.

This year the perpetual discount is $0.

"Lifetime License" = whatever they want it to be.

Perpetual subscription discount for lifetime licensee's = however we define "perpetual".

Beware.