TeamViewer 9 & 10 End-of-Life

167891012»

Answers

• Cavadias
    Cavadias Posts: 11 ✭✭

Please add me to your list as well.

• ikabroukman
    ikabroukman Posts: 1

Include me on the list as well... I bought teamviewer 6, they upgraded me to teamviewer 9 and then they revoked my official license. it was a lifetime license. Now i have to buy or cannot use anymore. it worked fine.

• Ronnnn
    Ronnnn Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi,

So many are concerned about the perpetual license issue and it would be helpful to share a permanent solution to those users.

We keep receiving emails to pay and upgrade when we already have a valid license, which by the way will stop working soon as I understood.

What is the right thing to do before losing the access and make it end abruptly without notice.

Thank you for this thread.

• Moish
    Moish Posts: 1

Please count me in on class action.

This is pure deceit.

• Ronnnn
    Ronnnn Posts: 2 ✭✭

I get frequent emails from sales representatives in regard of my perpetual license, I will share here the last one and my reply to him:

Hello, 

I first would like to say thank-you for being a legacy customer of ours! We wanted to touch base with you and make sure you are getting the most out of your license.

Is there a price or feature that is preventing you from moving forward with updating your license? If so, great news, did you know our legacy customers get significant discounts for life? This is a way for us to say thanks for your past investment and give you a break on the pricing. Is this something you'd be interested in moving forward with?

Are you aware of the Remote Management features that we offer?

Please let me know if you'd like for information on these additional features or to help get your license up to date.

Best,

My reply:

Hi James,

I receive frequent emails with same content but from different senders in your company and every time I try to explain the situation but get no response!

At this point I will help you understand my point of view about this whole process of trying to cancel my Perpetual license to transform it into a yearly subscription by paying all over again.

If you bought a car from its dealer few years back and you paid fully for it then suddenly the dealer contacts you again to tell you that your car needs to be paid again every month or year because his company regulations have changed and even though it will include maintenance, you will end up paying every year the same amount you paid to buy your car, how would you feel about that?

Won’t you think it is unbelievable, unfair and illegal?

Now that you know how I feel, I can understand that there can be some yearly maintenance to keep things updated and in order but it should not exceed 5% of the product’s cost.

I don’t use TV frequently but I still need it to be operational and I will never get on such high priced subscription.

So like I already proposed to your colleagues before you, you need to stop asking for more money from the companies who helped you survive before and start asking for a minimum amount from ALL users before downloading the product in order to get a balanced and fair income from everyone.

If that is out of question and cannot be discussed then I will become just a regular user and use the free version like most people do but this doesn’t mean it will end here because I still feel I have been treated (and I am not the only one) unfairly and I personally thing this an illegal way to get back on your feet as you are forgetting what the word PERPETUAL means.

Please copy this to the management.

Thank you.

• Cavadias
    Cavadias Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited August 2022

Hi Ronnnn! This is a very nice reply. I will use it also! Thank you!

[Removed per Community Guidelines]

• Jorge_Cano
    Jorge_Cano Posts: 2 ✭✭

What is you known about the lawsuit, ? I have a "perpetual" license since 2012, I would like to join the lawsuit, from Venezuela

en Español.

¿Qué se sabe de la demanda? Tengo licencia "perpetua" desde 2012, me gustaría unirme a la demanda, desde Venezuela

• Frederico_Cardoso
    Frederico_Cardoso Posts: 17 ✭✭

I had a version of Team viewer 10, I upgraded to version 15.

@Esther said that my license would remain in operation until 12/31/2025, today I received an email from the company telling me that on 12/31/2023 my version will expire.

Please, does this post from @Esther not work in Brazil?

THE EMAIL I RECEIVED FROM THE COMPANY IS BELOW.

PLEASE, will our despair return here again? I await everyone's return.

TRADUÇÃO PORTUGUES BRASIL:

Eu tinha uma versão do Team viewer 10, fiz o upgrade para a versão 15.

a @Esther falou que ficaria funcionando a minha licença até o dia 31/12/2025, hoje recebi o e-mail da empresa me dizendo que no dia 31/12/2023 a minha versão irá expirar.

Por favor, o esta postagem da @Esther não funciona no Brasil?

O E-MAIL QUE RECEBI DA EMPRESA ESTA EM BAIXO.

POR FAVOR, vai voltar novamente o nosso desespero aqui? Aguardo o retorno de todos.

• Yannis1970
    Yannis1970 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Not only Brazil, same thing in Greece. I had also a version of Team viewer 10 which upgraded to version 15 and I thought that is valid to 31-12-2025 but today I received this email

Important: Your complimentary TeamViewer Remote access expires on December 31, 2023.

Dear valued customer,

As part of our ongoing commitment to provide leading software solutions and stay at the forefront of technology, we are continuously phasing out older versions of TeamViewer software, such as the legacy version of TeamViewer that you have been using.

We greatly appreciate your decision to take advantage of the latest version of TeamViewer Remote. However, your complimentary access will expire on December 31st of this year.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact us. We're here to help you!

Contact us nowWe appreciate your trust in us and want you to always enjoy the best TeamViewer experience.

Best regards,

TeamViewer

• Same here @Frederico_Cardoso and @Yannis1970

Although we were previously informed that our license would be valid until 12/31/2025 after migrating from the perpetual model to the subscription model, we also received this same email message a few days ago.

https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/109492/complimentary-teamviewer-15-access-for-legacy-versions-to-be-deprecated

We tried to contact the TeamViewer team by clicking on "Contact us now" in the email, but it is returning a 400 error ("Invalid character found in request target")

P.S. We are from Brazil

• Yannis1970
    Yannis1970 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I received the following email from teamviewer today and it was a mistake as the phase out affects only version 8

Dear customer,

Due to a technical error in our emailing system, you received an email from us last week concerning the phase out of an older version of TeamViewer.

Please disregard this email and rest assured that your TeamViewer subscription has not been affected. The phase out only impacts customers using TeamViewer version 8.

We apologize for any confusion or concern this may have caused.

Best regards,

TeamViewer

• rodeg
    rodeg Posts: 1

please add also me into class action against TV.