Cannot Log In

System
System Posts: 466 ✭✭
This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't login.

Comments

• For Linux User.

sudo systemctl restart teamviewerd

• Hi Esther, any update on this ? I Think short period is long over ;-) The issue still persives, at least for me ! BTW this works on a 32bit linux, while it doesn't on a x64 build. The misery started after upgrading to 13.2.13582 (from 13.1.8286)
  • silbercue
    silbercue Posts: 2 ✭✭

The same with me. I also have the newest update and can't login again! Arrrrg a pity, because I need it!

• For me all the suggested solution (removing .config for TV, restarting teamviewerd, reinstalling package ...) did *not* work. Even though internet connectability was good, TV did not display it's TV ID. After rebooting the machine I could relogon and a TV ID was displayed again in TV window. Looks like they messed up with some settings, and only a reboot fixes that, very verv very bad programming ...

• Pokenino
    Pokenino Posts: 1

I think I found the answer, I had the same problem, I couldn't log in.

But the only thing was that "Incoming LAN connections" in the setting, was set to "Accept exclusively" and I had to change it to just "accept" for everything to come back to normal.

Hope this helped!

• Cliffman
    Cliffman Posts: 1

These comments are all from 2018, there is no answer given, and now it is 2022, and the problem persists. Or at least it does on one of my computers. Teamviewer worked fine on one computer and gets this greyed-out problem on my other. Hard to believe this has not been addressed and fixed in four years. Or did I miss something?

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍

Hello to all users!

Thanks for your posts.

Please know the original thread was for a specific cause of this error, which occurred in July 2018 (and was subsequently resolved the same month). I have split the later posts into a new thread so we may discuss such an issue outside of the occurrence from 2018!

The primary cause for a device to have a greyed-out sign in button is due to it's inability to connect successfully to the TeamViewer servers. Usually this coincides with the Remote Control tab showing a dash ( - ) for the ID as well.

The first thing to do here is completely shut-down and re-open TeamViewer (or manually restart the TeamViewer service on the device) to allow the device to establish a new connection to the device. The best way to confirm a resolved issue here is to look for the TeamViewer ID to re-appear on the Remote Control tab.

If the issue persists, the next step is to attempt to open TeamViewer on the affected device using a different wifi network (or cellular service/hotspot). As some ISPs block access to our sites and services, this can help confirm if yours is one such. If the issue is resolved when using another network, please contact your ISP directly for assistance in removing such blocks.

Of course if all else fails, we recommend a complete reinstall of the TeamViewer application. Please note you may need to perform the additional steps in the articles below:

Should the issue persist for anyone, I invite you to reply back here! Any other information you can provide regarding your specific situation can help us better understand what is occurring!

Thanks in advance, and I hope this helps!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• I have nothing grayed out. it just says that the email and password don't correspond to any account, they work on browser though.

• vsaha
    vsaha Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi all, I had the same problem, but with the Sign in button unresponsive after entering ID and Password, rather than grayed out. After waiting a while, there was a ReCaptcha Issue error message, that remained unresolved. Basically, I was unable to login from the Desktop application.

Solution that worked for me:

1) Login Teamviewer Management Console through web.

2) Open desktop application from web (I tried connecting to an existing Contact, and a pop-up opened the Desktop application); At this point, I was signed into the Desktop Application.

3) Switch to Old Interface in the Desktop Application (For me, if I kept using the new Interface, then upon restarting the Desktop application, it reverted to the original problem, but after switching to the old interface, even after restarting the computer, I was automatically logged in as usual when I opened Teamviewer directly from my desktop.

Hope this works for others facing the same issue.