Removal of 'Offline' computers

manx
manx Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2021 in Deployment & Integrations

For some strange reason my management console is a wash with devices that are unnamed or stale that have 'Offline' status no time showing how long offline.

Is there a simple script I can use to bulk delete these as there appears to be hundreds.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 802 [Former Staff]

Hello @manx,

You need to manually delete Offline devices from the computers & contacts list of the Management Console.

However, you can organize the devices within the group based on their Online/Offline status, but you would still need to go to the device properties and click the delete link in the General section.

If you're familiar with the usage of scripts, this one here might be interesting for your use case:

https://github.com/teamviewer/api-example-scripts/tree/master/Remove-TeamViewerOutdatedDevice

Best,

Justin

German Community Moderator

• tscott1224
    tscott1224 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

Can anyone confirm that these scripts still work? I have two different ones that I have used a couple times a year and as of now they do not work at all. I see some other users with the same error I have below. Any ideas? This same script you reference was recommended to me by my account rep and they have no idea why its not working. I have a call into support. Wish they would just add a mass delete option to the management console.

• HRMService
    HRMService Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

I'm also looking for a way to do this, I'm shocked its not just part of the general UI.

I keep getting the following error:

Invoke-WebRequest : The response content cannot be parsed because the Internet Explorer engine is not available, or Internet Explorer's first-launch configuration is not 

complete. Specify the UseBasicParsing parameter and try again. 

At line:34 char:19

+ ...  $delete = Invoke-WebRequest -Uri "Https://webapi.teamviewer.com/api ...

+         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo     : NotImplemented: (:) [Invoke-WebRequest], NotSupportedException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebCmdletIEDomNotSupportedException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeWebRequestCommand"

When using the group deletion from here:

Delete a group from your Computers and Contacts using API - TeamViewer Support

Did you get any further? As support is useless and say they don't support these sort of scripts lol

• MikeHarmon
    MikeHarmon Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hey @Justin . I have tried to access the "status" sort option in the Teamviewer Management console, but there doesn't appear to be any "status" option to sort by. Has this changed with updates or am I missing something? The only thing that shows up is Name, Policy, Services when I am in the groups of my devices.

• Trison
    Trison Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hi

I'm getting the "too many devices managed" message.

I want to delete a lot of devices that had an system update and deleted the Teamviewer, but I can't filter for devices offline over a year

I don't want to automatize the deletion, as a lot of the offline devices may be due to other reasons, but I need the list to check the offline computers

• ThinkIt
    ThinkIt Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November 2021

Run this script and it will ask you which devices you want to remove based on how many days since they last connected:

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• alecwillett
    alecwillett Posts: 1

so I have done a test with the script and was able to see the number of machines that was off for over 65 days but my issue is I would like to put the API token in the script and fully automate it. Does any one have any suggestions on this.

• Towpar
    Towpar Posts: 2 ✭✭

You get that error when Internet Explore has not been run as the admin user you are using for you elevated PowerShell session. If complete the first run prompts in IE it will work. Run C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe from your PowerShell session to load IE as the same user.