"502 Bad Gateway"

TV_18EM
TV_18EM Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2021 in General questions

Today I was locked out because the system saw me a commercial account. Understandable - I rarely use the Personal service - but am now out of town dealing with a family matter and have been using the service quite a bit.

I've followed the instructions - filled out the reconnection form - was about to upload it and the session timed out. I'd like to start over - but when I click on the link I keep getting a "502 Bad Gateway" message. This has happened repeatedly over today.

Any/all recommendations most welcome.

Thanks -

Comments

• pltreacy
    pltreacy Posts: 1

I am getting the same message. Multiple browsers, even tried mobile hotspot.

• TV_18EM
    TV_18EM Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks. Good to know that it wasn't just me. Fingers crossed.

• nput
    nput Posts: 1

Same exact problem as everyone else. Same problem with the link: https://www.TeamViewer.com/reset, and the "502 Bad Gateway" or "504 bad gateway" errors.

• Kubara
    Kubara Posts: 1

Same here. Any updates on the resolution?

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello all,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We are reporting this sporadic issue, and will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

I was only finally able to replicate this error when clicking some links (such as the one in @nput 's comment); however, when manually typing in the reset URL it was able to load.

Please try to copy/paste this into a new tab/window for now: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

If the issue persists, if you could please let us know what browser you are using, as well as country of origin.

Thanks again!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• BrentCM
    BrentCM Posts: 1

Commercial Use - TeamViewer points to https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/support/commercial-use-suspected/, which results in 502 Bad Gateway.

Chrome and Edge, Country US

Per your suggestion, I tried https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/. It allows me to fill in a form, generate a PDF, download the PDF, and then upload the same PDF. However, that only results in an error that says "error".

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

@BrentCM

https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/support/commercial-use-suspected/ auto-redirects to the correct form which is the direct link I provided. This information helps, so thank you.

Regarding this other error, please let me know what browser you are using, and if you could please try another browser and let me know if the error appears again after upload.

Thanks in advance!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• JJT
    JJT Posts: 2 ✭✭

cannot access it

getting error below

502 Bad Gateway

nginx

• JJT

can i get a link

• JJT

😃

• tomiy1
    tomiy1 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

Hello,

I've been trying to reset my account to clear commercial use error using the teamviewer.com/reset/ page but I keep getting a 502 bad gateway error. Can someone please assist or fix this? I am trying to share my desktop with my friend and for some odd reason the application sees it as commercial use which it certainly is not. 

Thank you!

• tomiy1

Something I wanted to add... I get the nginx 502 error after hitting the "allow" access button... 

• tomiy1
    edited September 2021

when I try the reset-management link... I login with my account creds, I select "allow"... then a new window opens as blank or most times I get the infamous nginx 502 error.. nothing else i can do. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (Tried with Firefox and Windows Edge Browser)

• EnG1ne
    EnG1ne Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello,

I was wrongly accused of using Teamviewer Commercially and when I attempted to fill out the reset form, the website bugged and prompted me 502 Bad Gateway before I had time to attach the generated PDF. After that, upon re-connecting, I was told that my request was already received and that someone is reviewing it even though I did not submit anything.

As a result, I've been waiting for multiple days for my ID to reset and cannot connect to my home computer for more than 30 seconds every 4 hours.

How can I get my teamviewer id's reset so that I am able to use it again?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• this has just started happening to me as well. Trying to help my mom out.... please fix

• EnG1ne

I've finally managed to send another rest request from a new account that I just made.

I'm hoping I can finally get this fixed since I've been timed out of Teamviewer every 1 minute for the last 2 weeks.

• EnG1ne
    edited September 2021

It's pretty obvious at this point that the greedy bureaucrats at Teamviewer HQ don't want users that don't pay their exorbitant monthly fees even though they don't use their software commercially.

It seems a lot of personal users have been hit with this timeout and no reset request is being approved.

You should all switch to **Third Party Product** as it offers the same features as Teamviewer but with significantly less greedy corporate that respect the know the difference between personal and commercial use.