Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• Hello,

I have started getting the following error when connecting to my PC remotely.

I am the only person connecting to this device as its a personal device.

Any idea why this is happening and how I can prevent it?

I can connect and about 30 seconds later I get disconnected with that error.

Thanks

• Hi support

I have already run through the Reset Management side to try to get my free account unrevoked and re-enabled.

I use 2 clients in my TV account that are both only private use mining but I connect alot to adjust my GPU Power % and fans accordingly when we are both in and out of the house.

I logged the request on the Reset Management side about 1 week and a half ago but I've still had no email, response etc which is disappointing :(.

I know I'm not a paying customer but I'd at least thought I'd have had an email with various updates or to say it's being investigated still.

I've attempted to call the TV number but because it's a free license I'm just greeted with "Thanks for your support, goodbye" then the call ending.

Is there anyway of finding an update on this at all? It's associated with my account email.

• rpacc
    rpacc Posts: 2 ✭✭

I've been an user for a couple of years, not commercial, and keep getting kicked out for not having a commercial license, please help.

• mcdoodle
    mcdoodle Posts: 1

same thing is happening to me I hope someone can tell us why. I am just trying to help my 85 year old neighbor print a copy of her birth certificate and it keeps kicking me out.

• MikeATX
    MikeATX Posts: 2 ✭✭

This is the third time this has happened to me. I only use this software to help my family and girlfriend. I DO NOT USE TEAMVIEWER FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight my girlfriend calls and asks for help with her computer, so I connect and I'm kicked out after minute. Now she is stuck with a problem until I drive across town to help her.

This used to be a nice program, now it is the most unreliable software on the internet.

TEAMVIEWER, stop blocking innocent peoples access!!!!!!!! Whatever algorithm you are using is NOT WORKING right!!!!!!

• The_ferret
    The_ferret Posts: 6 ✭✭

What connection with the answer to my question.. 😒

1098623881 Posts: 1

I have used Team Viewer in the past with no problems. I have re instated the account. I am now in need to connect to my home computer from my work ( I am now driving truck) I am being notified the connection is being considered a commercial account. I have NOT been able to connect for more than 2 minutes. I can not get any answers as to why. I am not in a financial position to buy a subscription as I recently returned to work after Covid. Is the free version really free? and what can I do to make sure I can connect? Thank you for your tine.

• loonybin0
    loonybin0 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I ran into this same issue last Monday. I submitted a free use reset request the same day. On Thursday, having heard absolutely nothing and seeing no change in the 'request pending review' message on the website, I decided to see if installing an old version of TV (v14) would make a difference. Installed v14 and tried connecting again (I have a pc and am connecting to a mac which still has the most up-to-date version). No change - still disconnected after a minute or so with same old error. Tried again Thursday evening - no change. Friday morning I tried again and it worked, and has continued working fine since (today being Sunday). I looked just now and there has been no change in the 'request pending review' message, but TV seems to be back to working. I have no idea what, if anything, I did to solve the issue, but I thought it was worth sharing. Let's hope it keeps working.

• WojtekP
    WojtekP Posts: 1
    edited September 2021

The same issue here. I use TeamViewer to help my parents maybe once a few months. I think its easy to check how freaquently I use the application...

Edit:

https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/94784/thank-you-for-playing-fair#latest

Pleas read it - you have to fill a form and send it. I hope it will be solved in 2 business days... My mother will be angry :)

• JackVac
    JackVac Posts: 3 ✭✭

How can I get TV working properly without being disconnected ?

• gordon861
    gordon861 Posts: 7 ✭✭

Just to add a note to this thread, the problem when I got flagged as 'commercial user' earlier in the year only got cleared when I gave them the IDs from every machine on my network that I connect to, not just the couple that were having difficulties.

Not sure if this advice will help anyone.

• Jo79
    Jo79 Posts: 1

so true....same happened with me...i cannot even connect from my notebook to my pc (for more than a minute)...

same with my mums pc and my girlfliends notebook....

seems like teamviewer is now blocking all connections unless it is a paid account....

• I cannot connect to my wife's PC, my friend's PC, or my virtual machine for more than a couple of minutes before I am disconnected. Apparently the system thinks I am using it commercially. I am not. I am connecting only to family and friends, and I do not earn any money from its use. Help!

Don Weingarten

• When using TeamViewer, I saw a prompt for suspected commercial use. Please help to lift the restrictions. Thanks!

在使用TeamViewer 的时候看到 疑似商业用途提示。请帮忙解除限制。谢谢!

• ChristerMeurling1_2
    ChristerMeurling1_2 Posts: 1
    edited September 2021

I use TeamViwer for personal use between 2 computers at home,

I Have one older computer with Win 7 and a new one with Win 10.

This is for personal use, still TeamViewer doesn't work because it thinks I use it for commercial use.

How can I solve this problem?

Easiest for me is I can get a good and simple answer sent to;

[removed per Community Guidelines]

(Because at the moment I'm so annoyed because I have spent several hours trying to solve this problem and dont want to spend lots of more time to log in here every hour until the problem is solved.)

Regards

Christer Meurling

• Symphony
    Symphony Posts: 0

Since long time I am using the TeamViewer free version for non-commercial use (for personal use only). But recently it is aborting the session too frequently. I never encountered this problem before. Please help me to sort out this problem.

• Marckus
    Marckus Posts: 0

Hello,

when at home, sometimes like now, i got disconnected from another computer inside my LAN with the reason

Connection timeout, it seems to be used for commercial use

I am definetely using teamviever in my internal LAN, so i am not sure why this is happening.

this is only happening with one pc in my LAN, but not with others outside my LAN.

Thanks,

Marco

• You have NOT answered the question !

Does the FREE version of teamviewer timeout after a certain period ? 

I have a free version installed on two different PCs, on one of them, after few minutes the session times out, the other one doesn't. Why ?

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 802 [Former Staff]

Hello @Leena_Toreeno,

It doesn't matter if you are a free or paid user, the license does not time out without a reason. In your case, TeamViewer probably incorrectly detects commercial use. Please request the reset on our website: https://www.teamviewer.com/reset/

Best,

Justin

German Community Moderator

• SJH134
    SJH134 Posts: 0

I filled in the "Please reset me" request 4 days ago with the required info, since TV thought I was using it commercially, but I'm not. I never got an email confirmation and I'm not reset as yet. How long these days (It's Sept 27, 2021) will I have to wait to hear from TV? I also forgot in my request to list all the id's of all the computers (there are 3), but when I tried to put in another request, it said my request was already entered. Thank you.

• steve4134
    steve4134 Posts: 1

Previously i had an enetrprise liscence which recently swicthed to a personal when my company went in a different direction with regards to remote access capability. When trying to use it for personal use only i still get a license restriction pop up even thought none of the computers im trying to connect to are on a domain or used in ANY capacity for a business. How can I be able to downgrade and use team-viewer as a consumer.

Thank you

• Newcomer1987
    Newcomer1987 Posts: 2 ✭✭

my login to TeamViewer was suspected as a commercial purpose. when I only use it once

• it says your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. please try later or upgrade your license.

connections to this partner will be blocked until %%:%%

But it was the first time connecting to this partner in a long time, it connected for 1 minute then then it died.

I am on the free licence and just trying to access my other laptop when my girlfriend was on it.

• Hello there,

I don't know if this is the right category to post in, but I'm facing a timeout issue when I try to connect with some friends with TeamViewer.

I'm not using TW for commercial use but only private, but since few days I'm kicked out from my session and TW says that I'm using for commercial and not private use.

I'm trying to get in touch with customer support, but it's only for licensed users so I don't know how can I fix this.

Anyone can help?

Thanks

• corey75
    corey75 Posts: 1

Same here. I use all my computers at home with teamviewer so that I don't have to get up, relocate the mouse and keyboard on the others since usually it's just to do a couple of short things during the day. I'm on a private license and they blocked me last night. Any fixes on this?

• MikeATX
    MikeATX Posts: 2 ✭✭

It would be nice if teamviewer would provide us with the supposed "You usage history suggests commercial use" evidence. I have barely used teamviewer since the last time this happened. I would like to know exactly what "usage" is getting me kicked every few months.

• The_ferret
    The_ferret Posts: 6 ✭✭

Hello,

Several months ago I was using TeamViewer on a personal basis, to help my family and friends, but I was wrongly suspected of commercial use. So I had abandoned teamviewer, but a few days ago I saw on the site that there was a form to request an unblocking, so I filled it out and I am now awaiting a response. But given this bad experience, I would like to know, if for personal use there is a limited number of authorized id's (friends or family member) that one can log in non simultaneously to be able to help them.

Thank you

• G_dos
    G_dos Posts: 1

This same thing just happened to me as well and i have been with teamviewer for 8 years thus far im waiting for my ticket to be answered as well but we will see what happens

• JBTV08
    JBTV08 Posts: 1

I have been using Teamviewer in my own home for several years now as a private person.

The only time I use it is when I am watching TV in the evening and want to connect to another computer in my study. Thats all I have ever done.

Recently however it wont let make contact because it pops up with a message saying 'this is being used in a commercial environment' and I should contact you.

I am not doing anything different to what I have been doing for the past several years.  Can someone 'unlock' whatever switch is causing this to happen please.

• The last two days TeamViewer has been the most frustrating experience EVER. I have had a free license for several years and have never encountered a problem. I know a little bit about PC and I have three or four friends who on occasion I will help. It certainly saves time from driving over to do simple things to help friends and family. I do NOT get paid.

Yesterday a friend who bought a new pc needed some assistance. As soon as I connected to his freshly downloaded free version of TeamViewer I was disconnected and could no longer establish contact. They live 40 miles away and needed some help with installing a program.

I read the error message click on the links was taken to the page where I could submit by ID. The ID was uploaded, a second page came up where I could complete the personal information form. The pdf was generated and download. Then I printed it off, signed it, scanned it, and uploaded it. I haven't seen circus animals have to jump through that many hoops. But I forged on.

Now this morning when I started up TeamViewer a new splash screen popped up saying I needed to buy a license. I am so frustrated. There is no one to talk to there is no way to to appeal. I do NOT make money with this product. Why make a customer go through ALL these steps if you already know you are going to deny it and force them to buy it. I might use the product twice in 3 months. You want me to pay $50 dollars a month for a one seat license.

Shame on TeamViewer. There are other products out there, until now I have preferred TeamViewer but that is quickly changing. Is there anyone who can help? The submission process took over 3 hours last night. The "Trust this Device" function did not work. I kept having to resubmit and reconfirm the same browser on the same system. It was a HORRIBLE experiences.

This is my last effort to get this corrected. If this fails then it will be goodbye TeamViewer.

Thanks for you assistance

The Truth