Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• SlyTod
    SlyTod Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am CLEARLY *not* a commercial concern. Why am I getting this utter gibberish pretending that I seem to be one ? There is not the slightest indication of being a commercial concern, far from it. Rare uses to check something on a remote PC at my or my partner's home is blatantly obvious private use. If you don't want to offer a free service why not just admit it and ask folk to stop using your product instead of putting folk through the mill, getting them looping around trying to get something to work, or even to login to report your problem, when it was set to be logged on permanently anyway. Clearly it has to running always if access to the remote PC can be required at any time. That's the point of it. Why log people off for fun ? And the FOUR times it forced me to confirm my tablet via e-mail is beyond belief. You already know it's valid, it's been used in the past. Is this some kind of sick joke ? And how difficult is it to provide a chat window when one has to report a failure by the Team Viewer company's product ? Don't you want to know when you have something wrong ? What does that say about the company and it's attitude ? Trying to contact you and then only finding this thread, was bad enough. I've no confidence posting here will result in positive action based on my experiences so far today. Who's going to find it on the end of a 312 page thread ? You need to get your lack of service sorted and stop annoying folk by preventing them using the application, suggesting they are commercial concerns, logging them out, and pretending that all already known computing devices need revalidating. Since you don't seem to have a chat window option I'm unsure what more I can add. I'll try again later to see if you've fixed your bug.

• Darktwain
    Darktwain Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited September 2021

• Darktwain

I have been trying to get my account unblocked or reset. I'm old. I don't have a printer and I'm not really mobile. I cannot print and sign the form to reset. Please advise.

• Darktwain

Is there someway for me to speak with someone?

• PaoloF
    PaoloF Posts: 0

Hi, mi license free used with 2 pc and a Mac is now seen as commercial but only in one pc. on the other two device, PC and MAC, no advise. In all of them the device is registered to my account. i use often to connect between the three devices.

Can you help me?

Thanks

• I''m using the free version of Teamviewer and connected from one machine to another as I have often done in the past, and the session was cut off after less than a minute. When I tried reconnecting I was told that I appeared to be using Teamviewer for commercial purposes, which is quite false. What can I do? Do I need to find another program to do what I want?

• Hany_SALEEB
    Hany_SALEEB Posts: 0
    edited September 2021

It appears TeamViewer is being used in a commercial environment

TeamViewer is offered free of charge to everybody for personal, non-commercial use – and most of our users play by the rules by purchasing a license if they intend to use TeamViewer for commercial purposes.

I AM ONLY USING FOR MY FAMILY SUPPORT

• JustinRB
    JustinRB Posts: 1

I am getting the same thing. Now when I connect to my parents' computers I get kicked off in a matter of seconds.

• ShawnL1972
    ShawnL1972 Posts: 1

Umm, NO. Per Teamvier's terms, any use where MONEY is made is classified as commercial usage. Using a work PC to connect to your personal PC is not a monetary usage. It's still a private use, just on a computer you don't own. That doesn't make it commercially used.

And lately, I'm being blocked/kicked out. HOW? all my PC's, except for one, is located in my house, using the same IP Address. Thus, this should immediately not cause any commercial use suspicion. This isn't the first time and it's getting to the point where an alternative needs to be used. Teamviewer was great, but as all companies that bring you in for free, now they want your money. If it weren't so dawn expensive, I'd pay for it. But $50+ per month to connected to my OWN pc's with alternative (just not so easily), is ridiculous. Charge a ONE Time $50 single user charge for unlimited PC's/Devices, and I'm in, if it would get rid of this commercial use garbage.

• I was trying to fill the form from this website. Reset Management - TeamViewer to get my TeamViewer ID reactivated because I was flagged to suspect commercial use (Which I did not do). Following the directions to fill in all the required field, however, under "Teamviewer ID" I was not able to put my ID in there, nor to add my parents' ID. When I clicked on SUBMIT, it kepy prompting me to "Enter a teamviewer ID" However, no matter how many times I have entered it, with clicking the "PLUS" sign or not, it does not take. I think it is a bug on the website. Can someone please help me to file a claim so that they will be able to help me with my issue please? Thank you

• BrentCM
    BrentCM Posts: 1

TeamViewer has incorrectly flagged my personal use as Commercial. I've filled out the form to have them review it, but it's been several days. Any idea how long it's taking them to review these requests and respond?

This is the second time this has happened. While TeamViewer has been my preferred choice for commercial and personal use for years, my devotion is starting to wane.

Thanks.

• Hello,

I have problem where teamviewer keeps disconnecting me saying that it was detected that i might be using it for commercial use, which is false :( is there any way to give a proof or something so i can keep using it ? I am mostly connecting from my laptop/phone to other family members pc/laptop's so i'm not sure how it got triggered as a commercial use.

• Hi,

I only use the TeamViewer for my several computers, it is only for personal use, but I had been detected for commercial use. So what can I do now?

Chris Wong

• mocean
    mocean Posts: 5 ✭✭

I've been helping my elderly neighbor (85 yes old) navigate her PC via Teamviewer when I'm traveling. It's worked perfectly for 2 years. Now, all of a sudden, I can't connect to her pc. I walked her through upgrading to the latest version, but still no go. I receive a message that I couldn't connect and that she should check her Internet connection. She's not having any problem with Internet access but, to be sure, I had Spectrum go out and check. It's working fine. I had her disable her antiviral sw as well, but that also made no difference.

She really struggles to use her pc and I would like to keep helping her. Any idea about why Teamviewer isn’t working anymore?

Thanks.

• G_factor111
    G_factor111 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi there,

Fairly niave with using TeamViewer. Have been trying to get it to work with my mother some months ago but gave up due to poor connection. Trying again today with better service however its saying... that it has to limit my use because my usage pattern suggests I'm using it professionally. I've barely got it to work once so not sure what this is about or what to do about it.

Help would be appreciated.

• G_factor111
    G_factor111 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Found the link. Am jumping through the hoops to request a reset :)

• loonybin0
    loonybin0 Posts: 2 ✭✭

This is just a follow-up to my previous post. I have been using TV without issue since then. I just saw that I got an email yesterday from personaluse@teamviewer.com that says the IDs I submitted were successfully reset to personal use.

• deenuh
    deenuh Posts: 1

This is really annoying everytime i try to use teamviewer it keeps kicked me out after a min or 2 of connecting to a friend. I even tried uninstalling reinstalling same issue keeps happening. Im a free user for a long time not sure how old my account is atleast should be couple years. I have no idea why its treating me as a commercial trial user.

• mocean
    mocean Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited October 2021

I got a nice reply from Akiho_S, explaining that the software mistakenly might think I'm using it for commercial purposes, when I'm not. I was directed to request activation. I filled out the form, signed and dated it, but the website interface doesn't think it's a pdf, so it won't upload it. Why is everything so difficult. I just spent 2 hours redoing the pdf and trying to upload it, to no avail. So, here I sit, stuck in no man's land. All the security logging in, selecting pictures, getting auto logged out and starting the whole process all over again. Form is filled out, dated and signed, with nowhere to send it.

All this so I can continue to help my elderly friend who's 85 years old and struggles with her pc and printer.

I guess all I can do is call tomorrow. I'm so acutely frustrated at the extensive process I have to go through to help one little old lady. 2 years of helping her and now this.

• You have written that the program is free for non-commercial use, however, recently, when I log on to my home computer, the session is interrupted after 20 seconds with the inscription that I have to buy a license.

• Jaleboy
    Jaleboy Posts: 1

I only use TeamViwer to connect to my own computer at home. I have used TeamViewer for years, but now it gives me this message and I can't log on right after, why?

• Rolfman85
    Rolfman85 Posts: 0
    edited October 2021

Hello,

I have long recommended this app to many of my colleagues and coworkers.

I use it to provide support to family members like my mother and brother who are both doctors and not very computer savvy.

I do not use this app for business purposes at all, however the app is telling me that i am .

Can someone please assist me in correcting this.

As soon as i can get a business started i will buy it. In the mean time.... i am only engaging in personal uses .

Please help .

• Bgt
    Bgt Posts: 1

Hi there.

My brother is currently in an induced coma due to covid and pneumonia. I have been using teamviewer to control a phone that we've given to his nurses as we are not allowed to visit. We play a controlled playlist and live recited prayers from homes of loved ones and hit play a few times per day on his phone.

Teamviewer has now closed this access as were are using the service excessively(?) and considers our use to be professional use.

We are hopeful that some steady improvements in his health will mean we won't need to use this service for more than a few weeks so might it be possible to continue to use this as a free service?

Regards,

Bhagat Singh

• Rohenra_015107
    Rohenra_015107 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited October 2021

Dear Sir,

I use team viewer sometimes to connect with my desktop whenever I am not accessible to that computer. Recently I tried to log in, but your system flagged me as a commercial user. Actually it is incorrect. I use TV only for my personal access to my desktop occasionally.

a couple of years ago , this happened by mistake and I had the same issue, and after I had emailed TV, you had released the account.

I would appreciate if you could do the same this time, as you can understand our accessibility physically is impaired due to the correct pandemic, and TV does help personal users.

do let me know by email to  [removed per Community Guidelines]

Thanks/Ani

• macemace
    macemace Posts: 5 ✭✭

Is the "commercial use" a potential warning sign that illicit access has been achieved at either the source or the target PC? ... and if so, what is the best way to monitor for this?

I am very grateful TeamViewer makes their product available for free for non-commercial use. There is nothing that requires that they do this, and I think it is quite generous. I only use the product to help my mom out when she has PC questions/problems, but I recently had to go through the re-activation for a 2nd time (in about a year).

Do these warnings give cause for concern that perhaps someone else has gotten access to her connection credentials? (I think the chances of this are extremely low, as neither of us would share that information with others.

I did have her generate a new, random password, and perhaps I will have her do that on a monthly basis, just to be safe. While my connections to my mom can sometimes be long in duration, her two computers are the only two devices to which I connect, and the purposes are purely personal/non-commercial. Still, it would give some peace of mind if there were some guidance on how to monitor for intrusions (or even just a way to get the logs of connection traffic for her/my account, as I think I would be able to quickly spot activity that falls outside the known connections that I'm making.

• I am using the free version. The time Teammviewer allows me a connection to another computer is very short and I get cut after about 3-5 minutes. How do I solve this?

• davidjhon123
    davidjhon123 Posts: 0
    edited October 2021

Hi everyone

Hope you are doing well.

My name is David and I am a lawyer at [removed per Community Guidelines]. I also made a website for my clients so that they can ask any question through our website. I also want to add a TeamViewer button on my website so that they can access my website easily. Is it possible? If yes, then how can I add it? Please let me know about it if you have any information.

• JDforesman50
    JDforesman50 Posts: 1

I am also in the same situation, a free account flagged as commercial. I have provided the paperwork they requested and have received no answer. It appears there is no way to contact a person to get help. Very frustrating

• S_A_C
    S_A_C Posts: 0

I was flagged for commercial use, but have private license. I submitted submitted commercial suspected pdf over 11 days ago. When can I expect a reply?

• Kerstin_PO
    Kerstin_PO Posts: 78 Staff member 🤠
    edited October 2021

Hi all,

Windows released a new operating system - Namely Windows 11 (21H2).

We tested TeamViewer in the latest release and can confirm that all basic features work as expected, however - further tests are pending to announce full support of the new operating systems.

See Supported operating systems.

We´d like to collect your feedback about your experiences with TeamViewer on the new operating systems to speed up the process to announce full support.

Please share your feedback with us by commenting on this post.

To make sure that we understand your setup and findings, please share as many details as possible about it - of course without sharing any personal details.

Thanks for your help in making TeamViewer better and fully supporting the new Win 11 quickly.

Best,

Kerstin

Update (18th of October): Thanks a lot, to all of you who already tried out TeamViewer on Windows 11 and providing feedback. You´ve been incredibly helpful in the process of announcing full support. Thank you!

I am happy to inform you that now we have announced full support for TeamViewer 15.22 on Windows 11. 

Please see our Knowledge Hub article for more information on the details.

If there are more issues to report, we are still interested in further feedback, of course.

Thanks again for the collaborative teamwork from the whole R&D department here at TeamViewer.

Update (14th of October): With the Microsoft update from 12th of October the connections issues with UDP are solved at least for most users (as far as we know).

Update (7th of October): some users are having problems to set up a connection on Windows 11 machines. This is related to some specific network adapters. Please read my post for further details and a temporary solution.

Product Owner TeamViewer Core