Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• daveabraham
    daveabraham Posts: 3 ✭✭

Tried using teamviewer yesterday with win 11, didnt work. Could login to remote PC's however often I was unable to type to login to windows on the remote pc, or the screen initializing once I had entered the initial TV password would just get stuck. Had to go back to win 10.

• Kerstin_PO
    Kerstin_PO Posts: 78 Staff member 🤠
    edited October 2021

Thanks a lot @daveabraham for the fast feedback! We double checked on our test machines but we cannot reproduce it.

Do you maybe still have the log files that you could share with me (maybe in a private message. You can get them via top menu / Extras / Open log files.... Ideally local + remote side)?

If someone else encounters a similar problem, please leave a comment and it would be great if you could save your log files before switching back to Win 10 and share them with us.

Best,

Kerstin

Product Owner TeamViewer Core
  • daveabraham

Hi, I have the log files of one of the remote PC's, but not from my laptop since I deleted and reinstalled on the win 11 machine before downgrading.

Will send over on a private message.

• Hello, I am also having the same issues. Fresh install of Windows 11 and attempting to connect to PC's with both latest release of TeamViewer and TeamViewer QS resulted in the same results: successful connections followed by a frozen remote screen with nothing further. After multiple restarts and reinstallations of TeamViewer versions on both ends, I reluctantly reverted back to previous build of Windows 10 and all is well again. I have seen this in a few other forums in places such as Reddit and Twitter, and no success.

Thank you, Michael

• dparrott
    dparrott Posts: 1

Teamviewer does not work with Windows 11. I can open teamviewer but when I try to connect to a machine it doesn't get past the initializing connection screen.

• daveabraham

Hi, I have just looked a bit further into this, can it seems to be an issue if your using the UDP setting within teamviewer. I have turned this off and seems to be ok for now.

• brollins
    brollins Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited October 2021

@daveabraham Thanks for this comment. I had been searching for a reason my teamviewer wasn't connecting to most of my clients since upgrading to Win11 release preview. I've been resorting to our backup remote connection while I figured it out. I had the same behavior as described above. Sometimes I could connect and see my desktop, but couldn't click on things. Other times I wouldn't fully connect. (I was thinking it was a display driver issue but apparently not)

Turning off UDP fixed my issue. I never tracked down why some connections worked (about 20%) but most wouldn't. I never could isolate what was similar on the working connections.

• Kerstin_PO

Thank you so much for providing this helpful information, @daveabraham . We are looking into the problem and try to provide a hotfix version as soon as possible.

Best

Kerstin

• Gilles_P
    Gilles_P Posts: 1

I have some similar problems, I can connect to my remote windows 11 Pro updated PC, I can logging with some difficulties and when I get to the desktop, when I clic on windows menu, start menu doesn't show, and taskbar display weird things.

Tell me if you want something to look into thing matter.

• I have a free account so I can look after my families PC , TV have locked my account thinking Iam commercial but Iam not using TV commercially. Help how do I get to use my account again?

• Kerstin_PO

Hi,

short update to the connection problems.

According to our analysis, the problem only occurs on machines with special networking adapters and using UDP.

The problems are related to some issues 'between some Intel “Killer” and “SmartByte” networking software and Windows 11'. Microsoft has announced a fix by an Windows Update planned for the 12th of October.

Please read https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-11-21h2#1699msgdesc for some more information.

To solve the problem for TeamViewer on Windows 11 for the moment, please disable UDP in the options (Advanced > Advanced network settings > Use UDP (recommended)) until you are using the new Windows update (and please remember to enable UDP after that again).

If you encounter any further problems, please post them here.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Best

Kerstin

• Rafael_Adam1
    Rafael_Adam1 Posts: 1

Hello

I noticed the mouse is out of position when clicking on task bar and some 3D aplications just give a blank screen

• iburr
    iburr Posts: 1
    edited October 2021

When trying to disable UDP. I go to the options menu but TV crashes as soon as I clock the options link. It does this also when I establish a new connection to a client.

I have my log file if you need it.

• River_Rat
    River_Rat Posts: 3 ✭✭

Using the latest 64 bit version of TeamViewer on all computers...

Connecting Windows 10 computers to a Windows 11 computer

Connection is fine if both computers are on the same internal network...

Connection is made from an external network, but there is no interaction with the Windows 11 computer...

• kwhitten
    kwhitten Posts: 1
    edited October 2021

Having an issue in Windows 11 using Teamviewer 15.22.3 C. I open up teamviewer to get started and any time I try to open a menu option or open a connection, Teamviewer closes itself. I converted tmy log file to a pdf so you could look at it.

[Logfiles removed]

• Kerstin_PO

Thanks for your feedback @Rafael_Adam1 , @iburr, @River_Rat , @kwhitten . We would be very interested in your log files.

If you have a license, could you please create a ticket via support.teamviewer.com and maybe mention the thread and that it's regarding your comment in the Community.

If you do not have a license, please write me in a personal message and I will take care of it.

Thanks a lot,

Best, Kerstin

• brollins
    edited October 2021

I downloaded todays Win11 updates and rebooted. I then turned UDP back on within TeamViewer and I was able to connect to a computer I had a known issue with...so problem seems resolved at this point. I'll update if I encounter any connection problems with UDP on.

• jshulters
    jshulters Posts: 1

Hi there. I just loaded the latest version of TeamViewer on my new PC with a new Windows 11 install, in order to join a meeting and view someone else's screen share (on Windows 10). I wasn't able to see anything but an empty grey screen. I requested they make me presenter to try to share my screen, and when they did, I received no notification to assume the presenter role. When I created a meeting myself and invited them and shared my screen, they also could not see anything but a blank grey screen. I just checked the latest Windows updates and will test more soon, but I wanted to share my experience. Thanks!

• brollins
    edited October 2021

I tried to connect to a Win7 computer (ya I know, luckily it was with the intension of moving some old software off of it) after my previous post and had a similar issue so I turned UDP back off for now and that fixed the issue. So maybe it's only partially fixed by Microsoft.

• Pixelgrower
    Pixelgrower Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hadn't used TeamViewer for a while. Went to help my EX the other day. Disconnected.

Tried to reconnect, said I was not permitted and had to wait until TIME(+1min). Waited... Then tried to reconnect. Got another message to wait another minute.............?

Is this a Joke??😡

• Kerstin_PO

Hi @brollins,

thanks a lot for sharing your experience!

If you want to, I can arrange a ticket so that you can send us your log files for the Win7 computer to check if it's still the same issue...

Best, Kerstin

• Hi!

When i logged in to my server home, after a few seconds the session disconnect.

It said that I use team viewer for commercial purposes, which I do not.

I manage my servers at home with the account.

So what have i to to?

• brollins

It's one of my unmanaged customers so was probably just a one time event connecting to that machine. I turned it UDP back on so I could watch for other occurrences. I use a Dell WD19 Docking station and a Dell Precision 3560 Laptop. I've noticed the issue when using the docking station which uses a Realtek Network card. I'm not aware of any Intel “Killer” and “SmartByte” networking software on this laptop, so I don't think the problem is exclusive to that.

• MoriartySM
    MoriartySM Posts: 1

Not sure if it is related, but on a laptop with a new Windows 11 install (no upgrade), after a connection to a Windows 10 machine and subsequent disconnection, the laptop will never turn off its screen nor will it sleep. I am pretty sure it is related to TeamViewer because if I stop the TeamViewer service the laptop will turn off its screen and sleep in accordance with its settings. I have installed the Microsoft Oct 12 update, but after that and after unchecking UDP, the behavior is the same.

• SofiaPavl
    SofiaPavl Posts: 7 Staff member 🤠

Hi @jshulters, thank you for reporting this!

We looked into the issue but were unable to reproduce this behavior - does the issue still persist for you?

Best,

Sofia

Product Owner TeamViewer Meeting

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.

• 1Fordterritory
    1Fordterritory Posts: 1
    edited October 2021

I have been locked out for so called excesive use. I have been trying to log into my parents computer to fix something, but the problem as been at there end for me to log on to team viewer not mine. Now that i want to log in, teamviewer wont let me

• Cashngrab
    Cashngrab Posts: 1
    edited October 2021

Using it for personal use but it's keep blocking me and insisting to buy.

Why called it Free? How can I removed this restriction?

Thanks

• Magzz
    Magzz Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi

I have been using Windows 11 and Teamviewer with no issues at all since august, until now ...

I installed the latest 'Windows 11 Insider Preview 22478.1000' today, and I am now unable to remote control anything ...

I can try to connect to a computer, but the remote screen never shows up. I have tried to control several different machines with different OS and I have tried to disable UDP, but I'm not able to use teamviewer from this machine anymore 😓