RDP black screen when using via Teamviewer session

Options
Narbeh
Narbeh Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited April 2021 in General questions

Hi,

I'm using teamviewer 15.16.8 version to connect to a remote computer. from there I need to RDP to servers in the network. when I connect the Remote Desktop connection, session logs in but I only see a black screen.

If I go to the remote computer physically, I see the remote desktop connection is connected and I see the server desktop just fine. how ever Teamviewer session shows me a black screen instead.

anything else via teamviewer works one (i can see the desktop on remote host and can browse file/folder, etc.)

PS.

I'm connecting from Windows10 device to a remote compuer (also windows 10 laptops). then from there I connect RDP to internal servers which are 2012, 2016 and 2019. all have the same issues.

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
    Options

Hi Narbeh,

are you connecting to the Server ID or to the User ID?

See:

Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

• Narbeh
    Narbeh Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hi Esther,

I only see one ID which i guess is the UserID. (I have windows10 machine so there is no server-id. i'm connecting from WIndows10 to another Windows10 device sitting in a datacenter. )

i have set up the teamviewer on windows10 as unattended access to connect to it.

in teamviewer --> About , i only see teamviewer ID.

• Vlastimil
    Vlastimil Posts: 1
    Options

Hi,

I don't know if this is the same issue, sorry for bothering you if is not, but I had recently a similar issue - when trying to connect to my notebook in work via teamviewer. I did connect successfully, but when I was trying to connect to server via remote desktop, all I saw was a black screen. The reason was that my notebook in work was simply closed. When I opened it, everything looked fine.

• AykutUcar
    AykutUcar Posts: 1
    Options

Opening the lid solved the issue for me too. Thanks!

• R_Anneser
    R_Anneser Posts: 1
    edited October 2023
    Options

So you are saying that you can connect to the notebook that has teamviewer running on it, with the lid closed, and everything works properly- EXCEPT when you use RDP on that notebook, the screen in RDP is black? Because that is what OP is saying, and that is the problem I am experiencing right now as well.