Fails to display remote PC

Ryan_23
Ryan_23 Posts: 1

Hi Guys,

Cant see the answer to this anywhere so hoping someone here can help.

I am using TeamViewer on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (I am also a new to Linux) however i cannot get TeamViewer to display the remote screen. People can connect to me just fine but whenever i try and connect to someone it just displays nothing and the thumbnail of the window almost looks like a broken window.

I have recently reinstalled Ubuntu and dropped down from 20.10. So two different versions and both not working. Im using Version 15.15.5.

Any help would be appreciated!

Answers

• I have the same problem

• We have hundreds of machines in our list and occasional the show as offline. The only way to get them back online is to power cycle the machine. This has happened on a new network we set up. I show 2 of the machine being offline. I remote into 1 that is online and I am able to ping, SSH, etc to the machine as showing offline. I have finally narrowed it down to a possible Teamviewer issue. Any ideas?

• Tech22
    Tech22 Posts: 1

I am currently having this issue on a newly commissioned Linux Mint machine where I installed TV and I was able to assign it to my account, but I see no display. I can file transfer, and usually it will disconnect me after a few minutes.