TeamViewer 15.22.3 screen recording not allowed. (Mac OS Big Sur 11.6)

Hello all,

I'm having a issue with screen recording permissions with TeamViewer. Screen recording access is denied even though TeamViewer is added in the Screen Recording tab under Security and Privacy. I've tried removing TeamViewer from the Screen Recording tab and adding it back but to no avail. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling TeamViewer and that doesn't work either. The best my team can come up with is that Big Sur is not supported by TeamViewer. We have a few laptops that will get an update to Big Sur eventually and TeamViewer is essential to our operation. Has anyone else had this issue and has anyone else found a workaround for it?

Thanks

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍
    edited October 2021

Hello @Ronnies,

This is very odd - you have done the correct trouble-shoot things (at least those I would have recommended...)

However, I can assure you that TeamViewer is compatible with TeamViewer 15.12 to 15.x (latest)

Maybe what I could suggest is to make sure that your TeamViewer 15 is up-to-date. Maybe a version that is older than 15.12 is running.

This could explain why it is not working...

Let me know if this was the problem! 🍀

Community Manager

• Ronnies
    Ronnies Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello @JeanK,

Thank you for the input. One of the first steps I tried was updating TeamViewer. The issue still persists after checking for an update and rebooting the computer.

There are a few computers I've recently upgraded from Catalina to Big Sur and they don't have the same issue as the others I mentioned previously. I updated the TeamViewer packaged in our MDM and deployed them to the newly upgraded computers. I'm going to try to redeploy TeamViewer from our MDM and see if that resolves the issues.

• JeanK

Sounds good... 👍

Please keep us posted on how it will go and good luck! 🍀

Community Manager

• Ronnies
    Ronnies Posts: 3 ✭✭

Looks like the issue has been resolved for all of our computers. I'm not sure what happened but I'll take the victory.

Thanks for the help @JeanK!

• JeanK

Indeed, we will just take the victory...😎

Thank you for your update @Ronnies!

All the best,

JeanK

Community Manager