Sounds whenever I use the chat for personal use

MrTechGuy
MrTechGuy Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2021 in General questions

Whenever I chat with a contact, it no longer makes a pinging sound nor a chat box appears whenever the recipient sends me a message. This feature stopped working after I updated to version 15.23.9 (64-bit). Why is that not working anymore?

Answers

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 802 [Former Staff]
    edited November 2021

Hello @MrTechGuy,

You've made your first post in our community, that's awesome! 🥳

Let me try to solve your problem as quickly as possible, so you can look around in our community, learn more and maybe even help others. 😊

The first option for you to try out is, to check your TeamViewer settings if you have notifications enabled for incoming chat messages. Please see the video below, for instructions:

The second option, I'd like you to take a look at, is your Windows sound settings. Especially your Volume mixer to see if you disabled the sound of TeamViewer as a whole.

Please let me know if the issue persists or this solution solved your issue.

Have a wonderful day and I'll see you around! 😉

Best,

Justin

German Community Moderator

• MrTechGuy
    MrTechGuy Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November 2021

I do have it enabled. Still no go.

• NigelH
    NigelH Posts: 1

My company is also experiencing the problem of no longer receiving notifications of new chat messages since upgrading to version 15.23.9. We all have the 'notify me of incoming messages option' ticked but we are no longer receiving any type of notification for new messages. i.e. we dont get either a sound alert, the teamviewer icon doesnt flash, there is no red icon showing the number of unread chat messages etc

• Ilario
    Ilario Posts: 1

Hello from italy, reporting same issue after upgrading version to 15.23.9. Volume on PC is enabled, and Chat notify in option menu is enabled, after the upgrade, i can read the chat messages between our teams, but no sound and no icon flashing as it was previously,

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi all,

@JeanK and I made some tests and we are also experiencing that the tab is only blinking once or twice and no other notification is appearing on the desktop.

However, on the iPhone, the notifications are coming through.

We´ll forward the feedback internally!

Thanks for pointing it out!

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
    edited December 2021

Hi again,

I have good news! We just got feedback about this topic and it looks like the behavior does not appear in the new Insider build for 15.24.

I immediately installed the Insider build on my device and: I can confirm 🙌 The PopUps are being delivered again as well as the tab is blinking ongoingly until TeamViewer is being opened.

So, we are confident that the issue we are facing now will be resolved with the next release automatically.

If you can, please give the Insider a try yourself and let us know whether the issue is resolved there too (maybe only on a test device and not in your business environment).

What are TeamViewer insider builds?

Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager