Trusted device confirmation email still missing

As I can see this is a common problem. I have the same.

Having some computers in my account for some years, now I can't add neither new one nor smartphone because of trusted device confirmation email never arrives.

I waited for about a month, repeating from time to time.

As it pretty common problem, could Teamviwer fix it finally?

I have no "spam" folder, letters just never arrive.

For some reason I can't use two-factor auth, thanks in advance for any else suggestion

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

Are you using the TeamViewer Management Console? You can add a computer to your account from the online console without the confirmation email. It took a few minutes before I got the confirmation pop-up.

I tried to apply a policy and it didn't take the first time. Worked the 2nd time, that's when I got the pop-up.

Add_Computer_to_Mgmt_Console.png

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • Okay guys I found the issue and how to resolve it. It looks like you have to activate "Two factor authentication". You will have to be at a computer that is already logged into the TeamViewer software. 
    1.) From the software click on "Connection" Then click on "Open Management Console".
    2.) From the Management Console click on your name on the top right of the screen and choose "Edit Profile".
    3.) Now click on "Two factor authentication".  
    4.) You will need a smartphone app to generate the security token and to use when adding computers or for logging on to TeamViewers website.  I use Duo Mobile. The only drawback to the Two Factor Authentication is that you have to use your mobile phone when logging in.

I sure hopes this helps! I am not sure why Teamviewer hasn't responded with this solution. I was beating my head against the wall until I figured this out.

• RomanB
    RomanB Posts: 3

Thank you, I've tried three times, it still sends confirmation email.

• RomanB
    RomanB Posts: 3

Sorry to inform you that it's NOT a resolution. This is a work-around for those who 1) have a smartphone; 2) want to install one more application which provide OTP codes

Resolution is either start sending EMAIL confirmation as described or to state that email does not work at all any more.