Team Viewer Premium - Management Console - User Devices not showing up

We've recently purchased a TeamViewer Premium License.

I have created user accounts for those users who will be using TeamViewer. I have installed Team Viewer on their PCs. They have logged into Team Viewer with their credentials that I created.

However, in the management console, I only see the PC on which I installed Team Viewer for myself, and one other user's PC, and no others. I need to be able to apply Team Viewer policies to all the PCs in our organization that are tied to this license. Why are their PCs not showing up in the any of the lists in the console?

Thank you.

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,586 Moderator
    edited November 2021

Hi @Roykirk,

Thank you for posting and Welcome to TeamViewer Community 。

The possible reason for this situation would be group sharing from your post.

The contacts list and groups are not shared by default and even when shared, policies can only be modified by the group owner.

Can you make sure that groups are shared with users who need to be able to access the devices contained. For more information about group sharing, you may check out how to share groups

To make sure there is no confusion later, we recommend all devices, groups and modules have a single account as their owner. We have an article on this here

These can be viewed and modified by others with the correct rights, but some things are restricted to the group owner such as:

• Deploying New Policies
    • Remotely assigning devices
    • Fixing some other issues

To ensure that your account stays centralised and as some functions can only be done by the admin, we highly recommend that all of your deployment modules and groups be created and kept under a single master.

Generally this would be set up with an email like "admin@yourcompany.com" or "support@yourcompany.com" 

You can have a person's account as the Master Account However, this user must make sure that they pass the account to someone else when they leave. Also note there are some functions that can only be performed by this user.

Hope the explanation would be clear and helpful to you. If you would like to have direct support assistance, feel free to contact TeamViewer support team by phone or ticket.

Warm regards,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Roykirk
    Roykirk Posts: 2 ✭✭

So rather than create policies, deployments, and various other tasks from my personal admin account, I should do all such tasks from the main company, superadmin account?