Watchdog

I'm running Teamviewer on a Raspberry Pi for remote access. Most of the time this works great, but every now and then teamviewer crashes or at least will not accept incoming connections anymore. The only solution is to restart the deamon or the raspberry pi. However given the inaccessibility of the remote system, that is not an easy task to perform.

Currently I use a cronjob that reboots the rasp every 24 hrs, but that is not the proper way to do it.

Would it be possible to add a watchdog timer to teamviewer, such that if it hasn't seen any incoming connections for a given time, it will restart, or issue a complete system reset.

Comments

• ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]

Dear Pierre_Labe,

Thank you very much for sending us these Feature Requests.

I will forward your suggestion to our product management.

Such ideas are always welcome, although I can not promise when or if this Feature will be implemented, as the decision is based on public demand.

Nevertheless, your feedback is very important to us as we want to continue to develop TeamViewer based on our user's needs and demands.

We will be happy to inform you about the realization of this feature.

Best regards,
    Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
  • tvuser9
    tvuser9 Posts: 2

Please implement a watchdog into Teamviewer. Some machines showing host as online, but cannot connect until TV instance is closed and reopened. Please do this via internal TV watchdog automatically. TV could test periodically if connection from remote is working or not.