Update now to the most recent TeamViewer Remote version 15.53. See the Changelogs here.

[Windows] v15.25.6

Options
JeanK
JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
edited December 2021 in TeamViewer Remote

Operating system: Windows

Version: 15.25.6

Release date: 2021-12-16

Bugfixes

• Fixed an issue which prevented TeamViewer to start with the system after updating to a new version

Community Manager

Tagged:

Comments

• thecomputerpeeps
    thecomputerpeeps Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options

This version appears to have introduced a new issue. When attempting to connect to any Windows 10 (Professional) system running v15.25.6, all sessions just hang with 'Initializing display parameters' and will never connect.

The TeamViewer log shows:

2021/12/18 11:54:54.550 7028 9120 G1! Activity timed out: Remote Display Parameters

On a remote system that hasn't been updated yet, running v15.22.3, it can connect without issue.

This is reproducible on hundreds of systems and is 100% reproducible with v15.25.6.

We opened a Support Ticket (36378208) two days ago to report this, but there's been no response thus far and the ticket still shows 'Being Processed'.

We're on a paid Business subscription for TeamViewer.

Edit: I just noticed v15.25.8 is available. Updating both local and remote TeamViewer installations does not resolve this issue -- it persists in the v15.25.8 release.

• thecomputerpeeps
    Options

We found the issue. As of 15.25.6 (and 15.25.8), when connecting to remote clients, we see the following in our local TeamViewer Log:

2021/12/22 14:25:34.409 92940 160264 G1  VoIP: Sender: ****** Visible sender status changed to VoiceSenderUnavailable ******2021/12/22 14:25:35.755 92940 132156 G1! Activity timed out: Remote Display Parameters

If we disable "Use UDP (Recommended)" under Settings -> Advanced -> Show Advanced Options, we can now connect to remote clients.

This is reproducible in 15.25.6 and 15.25.8.

• eman-resu
    eman-resu Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

After an update, I can no longer copy and paste text from PC to my Android phone. I have reinstalled teamviewer on both PC and phone but didn't help. It used to work on previous version and it was working flawlessly without any issues

Now it doesn't work. What is the reason? has it been removed entirely?

My PC is running Win10 and my phone is Moto G5 running Android 11

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @thecomputerpeeps,

After some testings, we could not reproduce this in our environment.

As our customer support is already in touch with you, I would recommend waiting for their feedback.

If in any case the issue gets resolved, I would appreciate if you could share the solution in this thread, in order to help other users who might experience the same with v15.25.6.

Have a great start in the week.

All the best,

JeanK

Community Manager

• Kerstin_PO
    Kerstin_PO Posts: 78 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hi @eman-resu ,

thanks a lot for your feedback. We tried to reproduce the issue, but for us it works fine.

Could you please give us some more information:

1. Connection is from PC to Android QuickSupport or the other way round?
    2. Is there some error message or does just nothing happen?
    3. Does it affect both directions or only PC to phone?

Thanks a lot!

Best, Kerstin

Product Owner TeamViewer Core