Teamviewer on Mac

Hi there,

I have all of a sudden lost the ability to control my Mac which is running Teamviewer version 15.25.5

I am unable to mouse click anywhere on screen or access any menus - almost as if its on "view only"

I have checked (and re-checked) Accessibility, Screen Recording and Full Disk Access, all of which have Teamviewer Checked.

I also used the built in Teamviewer uninstaller to remove everything and then re-install.

The Mac is running Big Sur, nothing changed as it has been working like this for months.

I would be grateful if someone could help, especially if they have experienced similar?

Much appreciated.

Phil

Best Answer

• DelloP
    DelloP Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

The workaround is to either downgrade to v24 or if you are using multiple screens, switch the displays the other way round from what they are set to now. This cured the problem for me.

In the mean time the Teamviewer developers are looking into this.

Thanks to Marco in support for his help.

Answers

• Rev_Pj_Bbq
    Rev_Pj_Bbq Posts: 2 ✭✭

I too am experiencing this with the latest builds of Big Sur and Monterey and TeamViewer 15.25.5

I can make a connection, all Security & Privacy preference pane TeamViewer items are approved.

I can just connect and view and move the mouse and mouse over things, but no clicks on anything are registered on the remove device.

• Same problem here. Other teammates are suddenly having this issue too.

• same

• I am having the same problem. I can access the remote PC but don't have control over the mouse or keyboard. I have been using this product for years and this issue alone can cause me to leave it alone.

• OlivierGreoli
    OlivierGreoli Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have exactly the same issue.

• DelloP
    Answer ✓

The workaround is to either downgrade to v24 or if you are using multiple screens, switch the displays the other way round from what they are set to now. This cured the problem for me.

In the mean time the Teamviewer developers are looking into this.

Thanks to Marco in support for his help.

• OlivierGreoli
    OlivierGreoli Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2021

The workaround suggested in the German forum worked for me :

In System Preferences, select Displays and move the dock to the monitor on located furthest to the left.

It's not perfect if the monitors are not in the same resolution but it's better than nothing...

• sljorgensen
    sljorgensen Posts: 2 ✭✭

Yep! This worked for me and my twin-display Mac-mini running Monterey 12.1. Moved the dock to the left-hand screen and can now remote control this machine.

I hope they get a fix soon.

-Scott in Kansas City

• DelloP

Excellent, a downgrade to v .24 also fixes the issue 👍🏻

• huyanh
    huyanh Posts: 1

Hello

I have the same problem : no remote control with OSX Monterey macbook pro connected to a secondary display.

I would like to download v 15.24 but I can't find it on teamviewer web site, only v14.

Can you help please ?

• Rev_Pj_Bbq
    Rev_Pj_Bbq Posts: 2 ✭✭

This has resolved my issue.

On macOS Monterey 12.1 I set my external display as my "Main display" and my laptop's LCD Panel to be the "Extended display" in System Preferences --> Displays --> Display Settings... and now I can remotely connect to and control this system.