TeamViewer Quick Support Client ID location

MikeITSec
MikeITSec Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited April 2021 in General questions

Where is the TeamViewer Quick Support ID number stored, that I can access in cmd?

This has been asked before, but never answered - https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/64850/where-is-stored-the-teamviewer-quicksupport-id

I'm already quite aware of the location in the full install version (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TeamViewer)

If I had to guess, it's probably somewhere in C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Temp\TeamViewer , but I'm not sure where to start.

A lot of people would be helped if this was solved, thanks.

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓

Hello @MikeITSec and @Dvidjohn056,

Since the QuickSupport is not installed but rather just executed by the operating system there is no data written inside the Registry or saved in some installation folder.

There is also no file that will specify the settings or sets the ID because the ID is retrieved from our servers once the QuickSupport Module connects to them.

Community Manager

Answers

• Dvidjohn056
    Dvidjohn056 Posts: 5 ✭✭

Still looking for the answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍
    edited May 2021 Answer ✓

Hello @MikeITSec and @Dvidjohn056,

Since the QuickSupport is not installed but rather just executed by the operating system there is no data written inside the Registry or saved in some installation folder.

There is also no file that will specify the settings or sets the ID because the ID is retrieved from our servers once the QuickSupport Module connects to them.

Community Manager

• HansO
    HansO Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited January 2022

Technically your answer is true - there is no registry and there is no install file, but the id is logged in C:\Users\<User id>\AppData\Roaming\TeamViewer

Unfortunately it's kind of complicated to find it there with out writing a search filter - why not just write a client_id.txt file of json file that simply enable a predictable way of getting the id from a running QS???

• HansO
    HansO Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited January 2022

C:\Users\<User id>\AppData\Roaming\TeamViewer

where <User id> is current user