Audio quality in TeamViewer seriously degraded since early 2022

PrinceV
PrinceV Posts: 3 ✭✭

So, I use teamviewer for listening to audio from my audio workstation computers.

The audio quality was just fine up until a few weeks ago, when I connected to a computer using the mobile app, and the audio quality sounded degraded like it was streaming at a bit rate of 64kbs... pretty much unusable for audio. I thought that it might have just been a glitch or a temporary issue with the server(s), but two weeks later, and after testing on various computers, it appears that the issue is persistent, no matter what the configuration or computers being connected to.

anyone have any insight, or experienced a similar problem?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,044 Moderator β˜‘
    Answer βœ“

Hello PrinceV, Yonatan and HajoBolle,

I hope you all doing well! 🌷🌞

Regarding the audio issue, I still did not received any official communication about the case. But I would like to suggest (you don't need to do it) updating TeamViewer to version 15.28.2 using the insider builds just to double check if the issue has been resolved already.

If you give this a chance, please let me know how it goes.

We will keep in touch! 😊

Best, Carol

Portuguese Community Moderator

Answers

• .Carol.fg.

Hello @PrinceV ,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! πŸŽ‰πŸŒ»

May I ask you what is the OS you are using? Is your phone Android or iOS?

If you are using Windows, did you already check the sound options to confirm that Windows is not minimizing the sound?

If not, please make sure it's set to Do nothing.

Let me know if the information above helps, or if you have any further questions. 😊

Best,

Carol

• HajoBolle
    HajoBolle Posts: 11 ✭✭

You need to downgrade the Teamviewer version of THAT machine, to which you connect. I tried both ways and found out only one works.

So if you connect from computer A to computer B, then downgrade Teamviewer version on computer B.

You need to install the previous version from December, version 15.25.8

• PrinceV
    edited February 2022

All of the computers saved on my account are Windows computers. I sometimes connect when I am out via one of my phones which are all android OS. I have already played with all of the audio settings, and troubleshooted every setting I have access to with my computers and within the TeamViewer interface. Including the communications tab of the audio panel. The issue is not a lowering of volume, as the communications tab would affect. It is a lower quality, as in a degraded audio signal.

• I've changed audio quality setting (bitrate, sample rate) in windows
    • I've reinstalled the teamviewer client on computers
    • I've tried different internet connections/networks
    • I've tried adjusting the quality settings in the teamviewer interface
    • I've tried changing different sound devices within windows to see if any change was triggered.
    • I have connected to 2 friends computers, who are on my unattended access list and the results were the same.
    • I attempted to connect to a computer using the webclient on the site, but the option was greyed out, and only lets my choose to use the version installed on my system.
    • the only thing I have not tried yet is, connecting using two devices that are not registered on my account.

To clarify the issue:

Teamviewer prior to two weeks ago was at streaming audio in (somewhat) High Definition. The quality was at least at the bitrate of a high quality mp3, but now all audio sounds muffled and garbled like a super low quality mp3, worse than a phone call.

Given that this is happening on all systems that are assigned to my account, I am starting to suspect that this is a glitch on my actual account, or TeamViewer as a company has intentionally reduced my audio quality stream on MY account specifically in order to get my to purchase a license... (even thought I don't use teamviewer for any commercial purposes.)

Other programs like [removed per Community Guidelines]Β all are working and transmitting high quality audio as expected. So this is specific to teamviewer, or specific to my account.

• PrinceV

Do you have a link to older versions of TeamViewer 15? All I can find on the TeamViewer site is links to the current version 15.25.8, and older versions such as TeamViewer 14 and older.

• HajoBolle
    edited February 2022

The current version is 15.26.4 - you need 15.25.8.

I downloaded 15.25.8 from FileHippo.

And YEAH, I also wondered why Teamviewer hosts really old versions but not minor versions of the current main version.

• HajoBolle

Anyway, even if it has NOTHING to do with the issue, thanks to the post from Carol. I could finally get notice of this 80% volume reduction which was making me crazy :D

• .Carol.fg.

Hello @HajoBolle,

Thank you for the kindness of helping us! πŸ˜ŠπŸ™Œ

I'm sure @PrinceV will be happy with your reply as well as other users.

"The TeamViewer Community is a place where passion meets knowledge, solutions are born and ideas come to life to help people grow together."

Please let us know if you have any further questions, we can work on them together! πŸ€πŸ˜ƒ

Best,

Carol

• HajoBolle

Yes Carol ... simple question of all of us: when will the audio issue be fixed so I can install the current version again :D

Second question: is there no way to SUBSCRIBE to a topic and to get a mail when a new post has been made?

• .Carol.fg.

Hello @HajoBolle , πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you for your questions!

1. Regarding the audio issue, I contacted the designated team today, and we keep receiving reports about it; however, we don't have yet a time frame for the issue to be resolved.Β 
    2. Regarding your second question, our Community don't have a "subscribe" button, but we have a "Bookmark" one at the top right of a discussion/question title.

You can easily see your bookmarks by clicking on your profile picture, and selecting Bookmarks.

I hope this information an helps you πŸ€

Best, Carol

• Yonatan
    Yonatan Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi

I'm running the newest version 15.27.2. Still getting very bad audio quality across all devices and on completely different networks.

We have a corporate account and use the audio function a lot in our team. It is now basically unusable to us.

Please let us know when we can expect a fix for this.

What is the current workaround? downgrade all devices to 15.25.8 ?

Thank you

• HajoBolle

Even 15.27.3 isn't fixed. I think it will take some longer time.

You need to run 15.25.8 in THAT machine to which you connect (which originally plays the sound).

The "listening" client can have the current version.

• .Carol.fg.
    Answer βœ“

Hello PrinceV, Yonatan and HajoBolle,

I hope you all doing well! 🌷🌞

Regarding the audio issue, I still did not received any official communication about the case. But I would like to suggest (you don't need to do it) updating TeamViewer to version 15.28.2 using the insider builds just to double check if the issue has been resolved already.

If you give this a chance, please let me know how it goes.

We will keep in touch! 😊

Best, Carol

• HajoBolle
    edited March 2022

I can CONFIRM that the inside built works :)

• .Carol.fg.

Hello @HajoBolle,

Thanks for trying it and for your feedback! 😊

I'm grateful it is working for you now βœ¨πŸ™Œ

Best, Carol

• HajoBolle

I can confirm that the new version 15.28.5 works :)

• .Carol.fg.

Fantastic! 🌟

Thanks for sharing it with usΒ @HajoBolle ! πŸ₯³πŸŽŠ

Best,

Carol πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ