Teamviewer in Synology

Options
jrodriguezan
jrodriguezan Posts: 1
edited April 2023 in IoT Forum

Good morning,

I have installed TeamViewer in a Synology NAS DS218+, I realised that Remote terminal is off.

I can't switch on, so I have always received the message as “authorisation rejected”

Anyone knows how to solve this issue?

Thank you,

Answers

• mircea_c
    mircea_c Posts: 146 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hi @jrodriguezan

You should be either logged in as “Admin” or your user is part of the "Admin Group" in order to activate this feature.

Also, double check that "Enable SSH service" is checked in the device's settings.

Regards,

Mircea

Tech Support IoT

• WOF
    WOF Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue here on two different Diskstations. Both DSM 7, trying to connect from Windows 10.

User is admin-user, SSH is active (why is that needed?), but says "No endpoints left. Please contact iot-sales@teamviewer.com" when i am trying to assign an account. Sadly, iot-sales doesnt reply to my emails.

Is there a limit how many iot-endpoints can be added? Management console says 44/402 endpoints.

• mircea_c
    mircea_c Posts: 146 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Dear @WOF

If you are receiving the message with "No endpoints left. Please contact iot-sales@teamviewer.com" you cannot assign a new Synology as you do not have and free Synology Enpoints left. These devices (Synology) need a separate license witch is not covered in the normal "TeamViewer License"

We offer the opportunity to test Synology on two devices for free as part of every Teamviewer License, at no additional cost to you.

I will check internally if exists an issue with the email address.

Meanwhile, you can contact our sales team from phone https://www.teamviewer.com/en/customer-support

Regards,

Mircea

Tech Support IoT

• mrjocksch
    mrjocksch Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 24
    Options

I have the same problem, but my TeamViewer says, "Authentication Failed."

DS923+ latest Firmware and Version of Team Viewer