How to get assignment working with mass deployment?

We are using a trial of TeamViewer corporate license and have been unsuccessful in getting TeamViewer to assign to our account with Easy Access with a script. I have looked at the KB articles online and nothing so far has worked.

This is the script.

msiexec.exe /i TeamViewer_Host.msi /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=IDGOESHERE APITOKEN=APITOKENGOESHERE ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--alias %COMPUTERNAME% --grant-easy-access"

Also tried this.

msiexec.exe /i "C:\Temp\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=IDGOESHERE

ping -n 31 127.0.0.1>nul

"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\TeamViewer.exe" assign --api-token=APITOKENGOESHERE --grant-easy-access

No luck. I've spent a good day or two trying to get this working. Am I missing something here?

Tagged:

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @StRosesIT,

I can confirm that the script you are using is correct. ✅

I recommend trying with an other module (and therefore a new CUSTOMCINFIG and a new APITOKEN.

Sometimes it resolves the issue...

Let me know if this has helped!

All the best,

JeanK

Community Manager

• StRosesIT
    StRosesIT Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi JeanK,

Thanks for the advise, sadly I tried this a few times and it still doesn't work.

• Hi, we have the exact same problem with a corporate demo license.

On a PC where the script was not working, I tried to assign it manually.

From that moment, if I uninstall Teamviewer from this PC and reinstall it using the initial script it works and assigns it automatically.

Clearly I can't do manual assignment for all the PCs I need. So I would like to understand how to proceed to make the assignment from the first launch of the script.

Do you have any advice?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

@RobertoBianchi

Have you tried to use a newly created module?

Community Manager