Anti-Spam Law Violation

Teamviewer emails do not provide an unsubscribe option. In fact, they purposely state the opposite:

"It is not possible to unsubscribe from this communication. For more information please visit www.teamviewer.com/en/newsletter/service-emails."

The lack of an unsubscription option is a clear violation of Canadian anti-spam law with penalties (fines) being $10,000 per incident. Additionally, the user can submit the case to a solicitor and file a civil suit for damages, punitive and compensatory.

TeamViewer: I suggest you alter your current law-violating policy. I am providing your company 30 days to institute a new up-to-date policy and now any other Canadian will have this information and likewise be able to affect your company's profit and compensation to your C-suite officers (Steil, Gaiser, et al).

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,208 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi, @RedInTheFace and @kaika37,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Regarding the email about the EULA updates, please know that we are obliged to send it to everyone who has a registered TeamViewer Account. That means: As long as your TeamViewer Account exists, we, as a company, have to inform you about any change in the EULA.

If you no longer use TeamViewer and do not want to receive an email regarding EULA, please delete your TeamViewer account.

👉Delete TeamViewer Account

On the other hand, if you would like to unsubscribe from TeamViewer Newsletter (except an email regarding EULA), there is an unsubscribe option.

In this case, kindly ask you to unsubscribe from TeamViewer Newsletter via the link below.

👉https://www.teamviewer.com/en/newsletter/unsubscribe/

Hope this explains well.

Best regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

Answers

• kaika37
    kaika37 Posts: 1
    edited March 2022

You are conducting your business with shady or illegal commercial practices. UNSUBSCRIBE ME FROM ALL COMMUNICATIONS> If you have scammed me and I have an account - close that too.

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,208 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi, @RedInTheFace and @kaika37,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Regarding the email about the EULA updates, please know that we are obliged to send it to everyone who has a registered TeamViewer Account. That means: As long as your TeamViewer Account exists, we, as a company, have to inform you about any change in the EULA.

If you no longer use TeamViewer and do not want to receive an email regarding EULA, please delete your TeamViewer account.

👉Delete TeamViewer Account

On the other hand, if you would like to unsubscribe from TeamViewer Newsletter (except an email regarding EULA), there is an unsubscribe option.

In this case, kindly ask you to unsubscribe from TeamViewer Newsletter via the link below.

👉https://www.teamviewer.com/en/newsletter/unsubscribe/

Hope this explains well.

Best regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• Who removed the unsubscribe functionality of Team Viewer's communication emails?

Why does the unsubscribe link not work?

Why do I need to make a million accounts so that I can login to unsubscribe you idiots?

• I will flag all your mail servers as spam

• alan76249
    alan76249 Posts: 1

I received an email today advising me of an end user agreement change. I guess I still have an account. I stopped using Teamviewer because I had been accused if not using the system personally. I have never used Teamviewer commercially. I used Teamviewer to communicat with a computer at home while traveling. The reason was to operate some of my Amateur Radio gear and to view my emails. I was told that when I was traveling and staying in hotels Teamview could not establish my IP address but when at home they could. That sounds a little like spying to me. I tried to use it after this acquisition and kept getting kicked off so I stopped using Teamviewer. I think Teamviewer was a great program, but has anything changed that I could use it personally or would it still be a waste of my time.

• ben79
    ben79 Posts: 1

Not being able to unsubscribe is wrong. I do not hane and have not had fjor years this software.

This is criminal.