Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• EdwardUK
    EdwardUK Posts: 47 ✭✭

Simply ask for a reset back to free use. Make sure you include the ID for your machine as well as the ID for your mother.

Click the following link to start the reset process.

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

• SFHal
    SFHal Posts: 3 ✭✭

I've suddenly been getting a lot of timeouts and closed sessions ("Your TeamViewer session has timed out and will close"). Does someone have more insight into what is actually "timing out", and whether there's a parameter or two that can be tuned to reduce the problem?

I am new here in the forum but a longtime user of (free) TeamViewer for non-commercial purposes. I use it from my Windows laptop while on the road to access my desktop Windows PC back at home (Remote Control). Both are running Windows 10 and both are running the latest TeamViewer (15.26.4). And the only timeout-related parameter I can find is turned off (in the advanced settings, "Timing out inactive session") on both sides.

The frequent timeouts started when we changed internet providers at home. With Comcast (our old provider) I would get timeouts/closed sessions maybe once or twice a day, always when the connection was idle. (Ok, sometimes when it was not idle: I would be trying to use it, I would see it grind to a halt on the other end, and then maybe 10 minutes later I'd get the timeout message.. I think most of these were caused by network slowdowns on the local side).

Now that we have switched to a 5G WWAN home internet service from T-Mobile, I'm getting these interruptions at least 10 times a day, and often when the connection is active (by which I mean that I am in the middle of using it - and it happens without warning, with no slowdown or hang at all). I can be typing on my remote computer, seeing the characters echoing back immediately, no sign of any slowdown or network issues, and suddenly I get the timeout message and the session is closed. That never happened when Comcast was the ISP at home.

This is the only complaint we've had about the new T-Mobile service. It's certainly a slightly lower-bandwidth solution than what we had from Comcast, with slightly higher latencies (ping time) but (according to my roommate at home) there are no perceptible reductions in speed with the new service. VOIP telephony, for example, works perfectly, and that's a pretty demanding application.

So I have my doubts that an actual timeout of any kind is causing this (if it is, what could possibly be timing out when the session is otherwise working perfectly and transmissions are happening in real time? Unless the timer in question is set to pop after mere milliseconds, but why would that be, and why would I have not seen this happen with my old ISP?). Is there any kind of logfile that would record the reason for these sudden session closures? Any secret parameters I should try changing?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions or assistance!

• Carmen_Lena
    Carmen_Lena Posts: 1

I have a fee account that I probably used a lot during Covid. Since then I don't use it anymore but when I try to connect to my office computer, it gives me this message and disconnects after a few minutes. Please help.

• Carmen_Lena
    Carmen_Lena Posts: 1

I meant free account not fee.

• philby1944
    philby1944 Posts: 1

I seem to be getting a message saying I have been blocked for using my computer for professional purposes, I only use(Free) Team viewer on a weekend for the race meetings ratings I do on my main computer & since I got a new computer & tried to set up Teamviewer I have run into this problem, what can I do to sort it out?

• DenisL
    DenisL Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited February 2022

Hello everyone,

• I need a help with my non-commercial use license. I've created request 24 of January 2022 with explanation and full details BUT still haven't got an answer ... Could someone guide me what to do where to call, please. I tried to call several times to [Personal information removed] and all i been told to go tp the page and make request ...
    • Thanks

• ajkumar1
    ajkumar1 Posts: 0

Your conection has been blocked because one of your connection partners seems to be using the software in a way suggesting proffesional work.......

What do I do to solve this? Thanks

• GCN
    GCN Posts: 1
    edited February 2022

I am a former professional user and had a paid licence. I am retired since 2021 and would like to use the account for family help and my private connexions.

I have keept my computers and in the meantime also the computers ID. When I tri to connect, it gives me " trial expired".

It seems that the PC IDs are registered within Teamviewer-Servers. How to get them cleaned ?

regards Georges

• Heathsideboy
    Heathsideboy Posts: 3 ✭✭

I recently updated Team Viewer on my PC. Ever since then, when opening Team Viewer and trying to pair it with my phone, a window comes up that says, 

"We are sorry for the interruption. Your connection has been blocked because of very high activity level. If this activity is intentional, please subscribe to a licence plan to continue connecting."

I am disabled (paralysed from the neck down) therefore I cannot use my hands or fingers. I only use Team Viewer on the odd occasion so I can project it from my phone to my PC. This is the only way I can use & choose things from my Android phone. I am definitely not a professional user. Is there anyway that this can be rectified to how it was originally so that I can use it as a free user again?

Thank you

HB

• Heathsideboy
    Heathsideboy Posts: 3 ✭✭

I recently updated Team Viewer on my PC. Ever since then, when opening Team Viewer and trying to pair it with my phone, a window comes up that says, 

"We are sorry for the interruption. Your connection has been blocked because of very high activity level. If this activity is intentional, please subscribe to a licence plan to continue connecting."

I am disabled (paralysed from the neck down) therefore I cannot use my hands or fingers. I only use Team Viewer on the odd occasion so I can project it from my phone to my PC. This is the only way I can use & choose things from my Android phone. I am definitely not a professional user. Is there anyway that this can be rectified to how it was originally so that I can use it as a free user again?

Thank you

HB

• DenisL
    DenisL Posts: 2 ✭✭

Looks like my issue not going to be solved as no answers here no answers over the phone either

Well... TeamViewer its very upsetting as I thought to buy a licence after trying a free version BUT changed my mind

Please, delete my account !

• SFHal
    SFHal Posts: 3 ✭✭

Thank you everybody for all the comments and suggestions!

I wanted to provide an update in case anyone stumbles upon this thread in the future..

T-Mobile did some sort of update to its gateway device the other day, and since then I have not seen a single one of these spurious "timeouts". With Comcast internet on the remote end, my TeamViewer sessions would perhaps stay connected maybe 10-12 hours before being timed out due to network issues on the remote end; when we switched our ISP on the remote side to T-Mobile 5G Broadband, no session survived more than two hours without a "timeout" (which occurred despite no detectable network interruption), but after the gateway was updated, I have been connected continuously for 40 hours and counting.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the timeouts don't come back, but for right now I'd say the problem has been corrected, without, unfortunately, ever figuring out what the problem actually was.

• Hamselv
    Hamselv Posts: 1
    edited February 2022

So I was messing around with some vpn setup in my router yesterday, and all of a sudden My TV free license was canceled! What the **bleep** is going on with TV?

Furthermore, TV support is not available for their **bleep** free use leeches licenses so it seems there's is nothing to do but complain about it to other free users that doesn't have any way of helping..

• Hi,

I've always used TeamViewer on a personal, non-commercial license. A few years ago I connected my personal laptop to a corporate network. I was a consultant at the time, and I had to connect my device to that company's network. Something triggered on my TeamViewer account and changed it from personal to commercial.

I don't use it for commercial purposes. How can I have this changed back to personal?

Thanks

• pcuser
    pcuser Posts: 0

so what's the process for unblocking your blocked account? that i have been using for years?

• Teabag
    Teabag Posts: 0

Hello!

I have used Teamviewer for a long time, I use this to connect to my personal computer that controls a variety of game related servers.

This issue occurred about an hour ago and I cannot seem too resolve the issue. After selecting the "I understand" option, Teamviewer will close after one minute of connection.

I only use Teamviewer for personal use, so I am confused why I am getting this issue now.

Any help would be appreciated

• user3d
    user3d Posts: 1

Hi All,

I have the same issue. Whenever I try the link www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management to start the process to reactivate the account, it's giving me "504 Gateway Timeout Error"

Is legit personal access no longer free? Has anyone have any luck in reactivating their account?

Thanks!

• How long is a sponsored session? I use TV quite often tried today and got kicked off after 1 min

• DiasTheWise
    DiasTheWise Posts: 0
    edited March 2022

I traveled to London and I tried to use teamviewer to enter my Computer . And my account has been blocked . I sent 3 times a ticket at the form but I didn’t take any response .

I use teamviewer only for personal use to enter my home computer from my phone .

what else can I do ?

• Quasar2314
    Quasar2314 Posts: 0

I am currently a student in high school and every day around the same time I need to log into one of my computers. Recently my account was flagged for professional use. I would like to know if there are exceptions for students who need to use Teamviewer. I was on the phone with a person at Teamviewer and they said that it was because my school has business internet and that the free license only allows for users to connect to systems to and from a residential network. I have no need for upgrading to a commercial license as I receive no compensation for what I do in any way and what is provided in the free license is all that I need.

• Iw2fCtKihpam
    Iw2fCtKihpam Posts: 0

I am a private individual - I used to be able to use Teamviewer but it now tells my my Free Trial has run out and i need to buy a license. But I thought for Private Customers I did not need one. Can you assist?

• aussipeter
    aussipeter Posts: 2 ✭✭

I use the FREE version and all of a sudden I got the message 'blocked because of high level of activity'

I asked for a reset and have the PDF submission form on file.

But I still cannot connect to any of my friends/family and getting the same message - see attachment

What can I do? Thanks for any help!

• Spinmagiic
    Spinmagiic Posts: 0

I have been using this service for many years, and not long ago, you folks decided that I was using it for my business, and told me I had to upgrade to a pro account. I have on occasion, gone from my laptop at work to my home system to pull off information I have stored there, and it’s not for work. I run an internet radio station, and I sometimes have to restart the server. I don’t get paid for the radio, I don’t make anything for anything i do on the net. It’s a private radio, run without sponsorship or income.

none of my actions on team viewer are for commercial work! Please restore my service.

• wpatters1229
    wpatters1229 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I stopped using team viewer because it was always telling me I had violated the free version and was using it for commercial use. I have only used it to communicate with my wife's laptop while she has been bedridden with a lung problem. It used to not do this but then it started telling me I was using it for commercial use and that was not true. I did everything support told me to and it would work for a while and then back to knocking me off.

Has anything changed? These are two laptops in the same house!!

• redstamp
    redstamp Posts: 1

I had submitted a request to remove the commercial account restriction, as I only use for personal use. I forgot to add the device ID for my mobile as I couldn't find it at the time (for anyone else it's hidden at the bottom of the settings menu unlike the desktop version).

Now I have submitted a form under my login, I cannot submit another as the page just says I can download the submitted form.

How can I add another device ID to my request? The request has been lifted for the desktop and laptop, so thank you for that.

Similar feedback - I wouldn't actually mind paying a small license fee for heavy personal use, say £10 a month, as it use it daily between desktop, laptop and mobile device, so would pay for convenience.

• xbytes
    xbytes Posts: 0

hi, im using teamviewer for my personal computers but when i try to log in it says something about this being used for commercial reasons while i only use it to connect to my personal computers

• Christie129
    Christie129 Posts: 0

Hello,

I use TeamViewer free to control my dads tablet for him. He is paralysed from the neck down and in hospital at the moment so I use TeamViewer to put music on for him and put him into his religious zoom meetings.

I keep getting a message up today warning me that TeamViewer is only free for personal use. Now I have already had it once that my account has been locked due to suspected business use and it took me a week to get it back again, in which time I was obviously unable to get my dad into his religious meetings. Please can you make sure this doesn’t happen again as it is imperative I can control his tablet for him.

• bigvalbowski
    bigvalbowski Posts: 3 ✭✭

As per title. Seems to have just happened today and teamviewer thinks one of the computers in my room at home is now a commercial computer and shuts down the connection. Wondered if anyone has experienced similar today or could help?

• Zalmay
    Zalmay Posts: 1
    edited March 2022

Hello,

Teamviewer thinks I'm using my free account commercially, who can i speak with to clarify this situation as I have only been using it for my personal computers.