Copy/Paste not working

Clack
Clack Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in General questions

When remoting in to users during testing of this TeamViewer, we noticed that we are not able to copy/paste passwords when the needed. Is this a function that has been disabled?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @Clack,

Thank you for your message. ?

The clipboard synchronization has to be enabled in your TeamViewer options to allow copy/paste.

Please make sure the you have ticked the box Clipboard synchronization in the options of your TeamViewer client:TeamViewer options.png

I hope this could help you. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

Answers

• JeanK
    Answer ✓

Hello @Clack,

Thank you for your message. ?

The clipboard synchronization has to be enabled in your TeamViewer options to allow copy/paste.

Please make sure the you have ticked the box Clipboard synchronization in the options of your TeamViewer client:TeamViewer options.png

I hope this could help you. ?

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• Clack
    Clack Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi Jean, I looked over the settings and Clipboard synchronization. I was on the corporate trial and it as now expired. I will contact Sale to refer extend the trial in order to troubleshoot this issue. We are testing this software to see if it will work for our needs and looking to purchase a remote assist product very soon.

• JeanK

Hello @Clack

Thank you for lettings us know! ?

If during the testing you hace any other issue/questions, feel free to ask your questions here! ✌

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• GusJ
    GusJ Posts: 1
    edited February 2021

I have the checkbox ticked on both connected computers, yet clipboard transfer doesn't work. Is there anything I can try or look at?

Gus

• Sclarke
    Sclarke Posts: 1

I am having the same issue. Most times, copy from local computer to paste in remote computer works (and vice versa) but at some point in the session it stops working. I have looked at the Advanced settings for connections to other computers for both my local TV instance and that of the remote computer. Both are checked "yes" to Clipboard synchronization. The only thing that restores copy/paste ability is to end the session and reconnect which is very disruptive and inconvenient. Please advise as to how to resolve this issue.

• NebraskaUser
    NebraskaUser Posts: 1

This copy/paste problem has been an ongoing issue for me with TeamViewer ever since I purchased my license back in 2020. I've got all the correct settings on all my computers. But eventually the copy/paste stops working completely. Both between computers and on an individual remote computer. I can't copy/paste from one computer to the next. I also can't copy/paste within a single remote computer. The problem happens on all my computers (3 of them). It seems that Microsoft Excel is the first domino to fall. Maybe Excel is more susceptible. I know Excel has a long history of copy/paste/clipboard problems.

The only fix I have found is to break the remote connection, and then re-start the remote connection. There have been some occasions where I have had to fully exit Teamviewer on my local computer before copy/paste will work again.

• optique-ti
    optique-ti Posts: 1
    edited July 2021

This bug has been around for a long time. How long will your customers wait for your company to find a solution. It seems to me that the price of your product justifies that you make this effort quickly.

• RamiRR
    RamiRR Posts: 1
    edited January 2022

This copy paste problem is still showing while using TV.

• TheBear
    TheBear Posts: 1

I had the same problem. I found this in the end.

• SUNAS
    SUNAS Posts: 1

I am with the recent version. 20/05/2022.

Still the issue has not been resolved by Teamviewer. Even worst. I could not copy the content between applications on a remote computer. the only solution is to restart the teamviewer session each time and it becomes horrible.

with the high price we pay when compared to their concurrents, Team veiwer should fix this issue.

And strange no one from team veiwer has replied to this thread.

• ab1
    ab1 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Clipboard does not display on my tab

• PetarG
    PetarG Posts: 1
    edited July 2022

Clipboard keeps "crashing".

It isn't that the synchronization fails, but the clipboard itself stops working because I've tested it locally on the PC I was accessing remotely.

**bleep** like this are the reason why we are going to switch to **Third Party Product**. Teamviewer is the worst.

• johncmaguire16
    johncmaguire16 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi there

I have been having the same problem with copy/ paste. I have followed all the instructions given up in the comments section however still unable to copy/paste in excel. Can you please help.

Regards,

Rehan

• KeithGregory
    KeithGregory Posts: 1

Why are you not addressing this? Specifically to paste passwords into a login screen. Other products I use are able to do this. I have been a loyal customer for years. Not sure I'll stay that loyal if you don't listen to your customers complaints. All the "suggested" fixes are applied.

• This has been a problem for YEARS. Why is this not fixed yet?

• sirius98
    sirius98 Posts: 1

This problem exist last 3 years and never was solved.

Hard to work longer them 30 minues on every PC. After this time COPY/PASTE stop works.

The most importat for Teamviwer if to get payment + show ads even you chose "never again show me" ... rest is not important.

Crazy company.

I'm not you test start so I will not make test for you.

Please start using this soft anf you will know what are the problem - info for support staff.

• Roger1434
    Roger1434 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Apparently TeamViewer is like Microsoft. They just don't care about their customers as long as they get their money.

It is now 2023 and still no fix for the copy/paste randomly stops working is still an issue. I guess TV doesn't know that copy/paste is very important to people doing support.

I doubt they are ever even looking at this page. Last response by a "Community Manager" was in 2020

• tvapips
    tvapips Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited January 23

Same problem !

Just to see if anyone still reads the messages :

"It's a bleep bug" <-- nice "bleep" moderator :)