Update now to the most recent TeamViewer Remote version 15.52. See the Changelogs here.

[Windows] v15.28.5

Esther
Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager
edited March 2022 in TeamViewer Remote

Operating system: Windows

Version: 15.28.5

Release date: 2022-03-22

New Features

• Users can now leverage the One-Time Password feature. More information about the feature: One-Time Password
  • The Wake-on-LAN function is now available within managed groups. This allows you to wake up devices that are not turned on.
  • For Tensor license users, a smart card plugged into the local computer can now be recognized by the remote computer and used for Windows logon or running a task with elevated privileges.
  • Tensor customers can now use a policy to configure the number of functions and visible menu items in the TeamViewer client, so they can concentrate on the functions they really need.

Former Community Manager

Tagged:

Comments

• Omar-Os
    Omar-Os Posts: 9 ✭✭

32-Bit to 64-Bit upgrade ??????????????????

• Esther

Hi Omar - what do you mean?

Former Community Manager

• Aditza
    Aditza Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited March 2022

for LAN-only mode this version is completely broken, it no longer allows ANY CONNECTION at all.

How do i connect to LAN computers now?

edit: i had left on purpose the full un-redacted RFC 1918 IP addresses info in the screenshot because they were relevant for the problem and they are not sensitive ... but seems some over-eager moderator decided to mess with the screenshot and "anonymize" even addresses that show up on Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

anyway... the "remote computer" ip address is correctly entered for the LAN computer... but this silly error message pops up.

• Esther

Hi @Aditza

I checked with our support internally and will get back to you as soon as I hear something. Just FYI: @brucewol reported the same here: error message- you have entered the id of your own computer

I hope I´ll have an update for you soon,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Wim_Terstegen
    Wim_Terstegen Posts: 1

Hi @Esther

We also have 2 users with same issue who are running V15.28.5. We also use the LAN-only function here.

Regards,

Wim

• Van_Dammesque
    Van_Dammesque Posts: 3 ✭✭

Why does this post not contain any bug fixes?

Disappointing that not only has the bug not been fixed, the thread itself has had no comments from the TeamViewer team, even after I found why:

Blank Screen on Second Monitor (v15.26.4) - Due to Portrait Aspect

https://community.teamviewer.com/English/discussion/121512/blank-screen-on-second-monitor-v15-26-4-due-to-portrait-aspect#latest

• Esther

Hi @Omar-Os

Regarding the update of 32-bit to 64-bit: I talked with our development team as well as our support team. They let me know that the update can be easily achieved by re-deploying TeamViewer via MSI. With this method, you can uninstall the 32-bit version and install the 64-bit version on all devices at once (For more info on mass deployment see: Mass deployment on Windows)

Otherwise, we see a lot of roadblocks for an automated process (e.g. getting confirmation from each user for such an update), but the teams were interested in hearing on

• whether you have some specific ideas of how to do such an update as well as
    • what benefits do you see specifically that outweigh the mass deployment option.

Thanks looking forward to hearing from you,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Esther

Hi @Aditza, hi @Wim_Terstegen,

Today, the R&D team reached out to me and confirmed your findings.

They were able to identify the issue and are now working on a fix.

We will deploy a fixed version soon (before the next monthly release in April), however, I do not have information about the exact day.

Thanks for your report and for your patience!

Esther

Former Community Manager

• MPFBE
    MPFBE Posts: 1

Thanks for this information, in the meantime I go back to 15.27.3

• Omar-Os
    Omar-Os Posts: 9 ✭✭

It's simple, everyone wants 32-bit to 64-bit upgrade for EXE installers exactly as it is possible for the MSIs ! 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Esther

Hi again @Omar-Os

Thank you for your comment. I send it to our R&D team 👍

However, also for the MSI, you need to uninstall the 32-bit version before you can install the 64-bit version.

Have a good start to your week,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Christian_R
    Christian_R Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited March 2022

Same issue here. Complete lack of QC on the TeamViewer development side.

Trying to downgrade to a lower version now...

@Aditza Try using the other input field as a workaround: I couldn't connect through the address bar at the top "Enter Partner ID", but through the "Control Remote Computer"->"Remote control" input field using the same LAN IP.

• Christian_R
    Christian_R Posts: 12 ✭✭

@Esther

Current software download (64-bit) provides version 15.28.5.0 - but states 15.27.3.

Could you please provide a download link for the previous (15.27.3) version?

• Esther

Hi all,

I got the info that an update has been deployed that fixed the bug where an error was shown when trying to connect to a remote computer using its IP address.

We´ll make sure to get the Change Log live as soon as possible, but I wanted to inform you right away that the fix is live.

The new version number is: 15.28.7

Thanks, Esther

Former Community Manager

• KMCDagus
    KMCDagus Posts: 14 ✭✭

Could you please provide a download link for the previous (15.27.3) version?