Teamviewer windows all screens open at same size

mwatson536
mwatson536 Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in General questions

Starting this week all the team viewer windows are the same size. Not the screen of the remote window those are coming across ok but the window in which the connection is running. If I adjust the window to fit the remote screen then the next connection comes up as the size of the last connection. This all started just this week prior the windows adjusted to the connection screen size.

Thought?

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• Duria_eG
    Duria_eG Posts: 1

I have the same problem since last week. But only on one PC, on other PC's no problem.

• mwatson536

Same here.

• AF4ENIT
    AF4ENIT Posts: 1

This is happening to me as well. On my main support system TV is fully updated and the window stays the same size. On my secondary system I am running an older version and the window resizes based on the connected system. Looks like an issue with the latest version. Is there an archive of older versions for 15? This is so unproductive to have it like this.

• HOEMichelR
    HOEMichelR Posts: 1

I have the same problem!

Please solve it asap - it's annoying

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Do I did the following test:

1) Started a connection

2) Changed the size of the window

3) Closed the connection

4) Started the connection again

Result: The window opened in the same size as step 2.

If this is not the case for you, I recommend reinstalling fully TeamViewer (and making sure to delete the configuration!).

Here's our best practice:

📄 Uninstall TeamViewer on Windows

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• mwatson536

That is exactly what is happening all sessions open up as the same window size regardless of the screen resolution of the client. Are you saying a re-install will fix this?

• JeanK

@mwatson536 This is my assumption, yes.

I believe it's worth giving it a try...

Community Manager

• mwatson536

Ok I will try.

• bnet
    bnet Posts: 3 ✭✭

We have the same problem.

All connections from all devices to any end device have the same problem. The Window will not auto resize as before the 15.27.3 update.

Reinstall didn't fix the problem.

After the first connection TeamViewer saves HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer ClientWindow_Mode DWORD 0 and ClientWindowPositions in the registry. All connections onward have the same window size. This behavior is wrong when using "Best Fit". Worked fine before the update.

Very unproductive to have it like this.

Did anyone find a solution?

If not Teamviewer should fix this ASAP, please!

• joloriquelme
    joloriquelme Posts: 13 ✭✭

Same issue here.

• JeanK

Hello all,

I have reported this issue to our dev team.

I will have a call this afternoon - I will keep you updated here about our findings!

Please disregard my trouble-shoot suggestion above - a reinstallation won't fix the issue.

Thank you for your patience and trust!

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Mr_Wolf
    Mr_Wolf Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited March 2022

Hi, I have a very annoying problem.

I use TeamViewer only to connect to computers associated to my account. I use the single window view (that is, one window for each computer, not tabs); a few days ago, while moving a window, I accidentally resized a window. Since then, the window doesn't fit anymore the screen size of the computer I connect to as earlier.

For example, if I connect from my computer (with screen resolution 1920x1080) to another computer with a lower resolution, I get this:

with black bars on all the sides.

Earlier, there where no black bars and the window fit perfectly the remote computer screen.

If I resize the window, I get for example this, connecting to another computer with a resolution of 1920x1080:

that is, the window in this case is stretched.

It seems TeamViewer memorizes the size of the last windows opened, no matter what is the screen resolution of the computer I connect to and it doesn't remember the window size of each computer I connect to.

This didn't happen earlier.

I tried to uninstall and install again TeamViewer, delete settings (in AppData/Local and AppData/Roaming), but I couldn't solve this problem.

I don't know if the window size is stored in the Windows Registry.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks.

• AITCS
    AITCS Posts: 3 ✭✭

Can confirm that we are experiencing the same issue. Seemed to start when the latest update was rolled out... 28th Feb 2022 for us.

I have a feeling it's a bug as we've never seen this issue in the ~4 years we've been using TeamViewer and haven't made any configuration changes for a very long time.

• Mr_Wolf

Thanks for your feedback. If it's a bug, I hope it will be fixed soon.

• bnet
    bnet Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi,

Any news ?

Version 15.28.5 didn't fix the issue.

• JeanK
    edited March 2022

Hello all,

After talking to the dev team, I can confirm that this change is actually a new feature that has been implemented in v15.27.3.

TeamViewer is saving the window size and location of the previous connection and is applying the parameters to the new connection.

Please see the Changelog here:

📄 [Windows] v15.27.3

This feature has been implemented for improving the user experience when starting new connections.

You can now define a whole range of view settings for each device you are connecting to via the device's properties:

To access the settings, you will need to click on Advanced as below:

You can also define:

• The remote resolution
    • How to window will open
    • The scaling of the remote screen
    • The Quality of the remote stream
    • On which screen the first connection will open

This feature has primarily been implemented to improve the multi-screen user experience. With this feature, users don't have to move every time windows from one screen to another.

Feel free to give feedback about this new feature. If you like it, fine! If you don't, please make sure to explain why and tell us how you are using TeamViewer.

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• LeffeH
    LeffeH Posts: 13 ✭✭

So, using this new 'features' how would I set everything up so that when I open a new connection I get a window with the original size? As bnet said: "The Window will not auto resize as before the 15.27.3 update."

Having several hundred devices of different resolutions I now have to resize the newly opened window everytime I open a device with a different resolution than the last since the windowsize is saved and used again...

Or perhaps you can guide us through how to setup this old and MUCH wanted behaviour?

• JeanK

Hello @Mr_Wolf and @AITCS,

You can now define the window size, as well as the remote screen resolution. This might help you to fix this issue.

Please find how to proceed here:

📄 Fix size and resolution issues

Hope this will help!

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Mr_Wolf

Hi, I've just tried: I have the same behaviour: it stretches the windows of computers with higher resolution and enlarges the window of computers with lower resolutions. I've tried to modify the View Settings, but I can't understand what exactly I have to do. Since it's a feature, it's very annoying.

• Mr_Wolf

Hi, I'm having the same issue (I opened a topic as well). Would it be possible to know the settings to have the same behaviour as earlier, that is the window to fit the screen size of the computer I'm connected to?

• mwatson536

Well I finally got around to trying your fix no luck, then I noticed your update about the "NEW FEATURE" how is it a feature when it messes everything up? BUG??? I understand you folks may want to improve some things but doing it just across the board and without the ability for the user to control their own experience is just wrong. So for my feed back on the New Feature is the Devs need to start talking to the users before they just decide that they will dictate how the product is used.

Someone please figure out how to get this fixed as I have multiple devices with multiple resolutions and I want TeamViewer to display the way I want it to display not the way someone else thinks it should display.

• LeffeH
    edited April 2022

@JeanK : Still waiting for some solution here...

• Ememell
    Ememell Posts: 4 ✭✭

Any update on this please, TeamViewer? It was a dumb idea to now have all windows open at the previous size when we regularly remotely access devices of different resolutions. Please enable the option to go back to the previous, far more logical setting whereby windows open at the resolution of the remote device by default.

I sometimes wonder if you are deliberately trying to drive your customers away, like when someone had the bright idea of popping up modal adverts in a paid for, commercial application.

• joloriquelme
    joloriquelme Posts: 13 ✭✭

A feature nobody's asked and RUINED the Software experience for those who connect to several and different devices.

Please, roll back this unwanted change or at least let us CHOOSE the behavior, like we can choose if we can have Tabbed windows or not.

• AITCS
    AITCS Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited April 2022

@JeanK

This is still broken. It uses the same window size as the last session used (even if it's a different host). eg. If I connect to a 1920x1080 host, then open a session to a 1024x768 host, the window size ends up being 1920x1080 with huge borders. If I adjust to 1024x768 then open a 1920x1080 host, I get scroll bars and half the screen is hidden.

It's not a feature, it's a glaring bug right now.

All we want is for the window to fit the resolution of the host automatically like it used to. None of the settings posted above address this.

• re88i6vilan
    re88i6vilan Posts: 1
    edited April 2022

interesting information

• JeanK

Hi @AITCS,

Did you set the resolution for each Host in the Host's properties?

If you set your preferences up for each Host, they should open as you have set them up.

Hope this could help.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Ememell
    Ememell Posts: 4 ✭✭

TeamViewer, are you going to revert to the previous behaviour, or at least give us an option, so that remote connection windows open at the actual scale of the remote computer?

When you switched to the behaviour of all windows opening at the same size, with black bars or scroll bars, it was such a terrible, ill thought out idea that I assumed it was a bug that you would fix with the next update.

Why fix what isn't broken and force such a dramatic change on your customers? There are several posts on this forum and on other sites from your users also assuming it is a bug. I can't imagine that anyone would want this as the default behaviour.

• ramimor
    ramimor Posts: 5 ✭✭

I've been paying for TeamViewer since v9 for years.

If this BUG (not feature, don't pretend it is) will not be fixed before my renewal I'll be cancelling the service.

This is the straw that broke the camel's back!

• LeffeH

@JeanK : I'm not quite convinced that you're using your own products. Could you please, once and for all, tell us how do we set this up to get the behaviour that we had and want.

Try using 2 hosts with different screenresolutions. Set them up the way that when you open them up the resulting window at your end have them at 100% and the same size. That is a 1024x800 host opens up in a 1024x800 window and a 1280x768 opens up in a 1280x768 window.

Ok?

Then try to open one up, make sure it still has the correct size, close it and open up the other.. Does that host now open in a window at the size we want or at the size of the latest used/closed host?

If you have a way to make the 1024-host open up in a 1024-window and then after closing that one and opening the 1280-host getting a 1280-window then PLS tell me how.