Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• BLin11
    BLin11 Posts: 1

Last week, I entered into, via the preset chat options, a submission to request (again) re-activation of my longstanding free domestic usage following the "suspected commercial use" message. It said I could pause and return later - which I was obliged to do at the time. In the event, I have never been able to find the thread again. I also note that much seems to have changed in the help dialogues and indeed, I can no longer find any reference to "free" use. Is it simply the case that such "free" usage has now been discontinued?

Pete

• alanwick
    alanwick Posts: 2 ✭✭

Thanks Pete, that may well be what's going on......

Cheers

Alan

• Marhier
    Marhier Posts: 2 ✭✭

I've been using TeamViewer for years now; I use it to control my disabled Father's computer.

Try it today and told it's suspecting me of using it professionally.

What can I do here?

• Marhier
    Marhier Posts: 2 ✭✭

I filled out the form to reset my ID, but can someone tell me how long this takes?

• tgw2000
    tgw2000 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2022

After over two months since requesting the ID reset, they finally reset it. This is my home server I use for home security and automation, clearly personal use.

The reset has come too late [removed per Community Guidelines]

Pick up your game TeamViewer, you're loosing customers.

• shirley3322_556
    shirley3322_556 Posts: 1

I have spent so much time trying to reset with no luck. UK phone no help they just refer back to website. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but that does not help either.

Did not help that I made an error on the request to reset form which cannot be changed.

What now?

Shirley3322_556

• Daniel84
    Daniel84 Posts: 0
    edited May 2022

Cant link to others teamvierwer user's computer.

Who can help me to solve this problem?

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• kimrian
    kimrian Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    I'm using only one ID for personal use, but it's so cumbersome why the block keeps popping up as suspicious for commercial use. Please release it soon. my id! Submitted by email and pdf form. ID [removed per Community Guidelines]

• sarileenorton
    sarileenorton Posts: 0

I'm am an elderly home user who uses Teamviewer to connect to another computer in my house. Getting a message that "commercial use" detected and I'm cut off after a few minutes. How do I restore my personal use?

• OCDetails
    OCDetails Posts: 0

Yes, I'm at work connecting to my home computer from the network, but it is most definitely not for commercial use. I connect to my home computer from here so I can work on personal things that are on that computer. Why else would someone need a TeamViewer account to connect to their personal computer except for personal use? I'm absolutely using it within the guidelines of the personal license, so I'm not sure why it is blocking me suddenly. I've been accessing my home computer from this terminal for six months without a problem, but today it suddenly seems to think I'm using it for commercial use. I'm confused.... How do I contact TeamViewer so they can remove this block and I can get back to what I was using it for?

• Bobbolicious
    Bobbolicious Posts: 1

To whom it may concern,

I use Teamviewer on a personal level to connect to my home pc from work on a daily basis to check my emails, shop, watch my security cameras etc.. Today I went to connect and was quickly locked out. The message read "Unfortunately, we will have to limit your uasge of TeamViewer because the usage pattern suggests that you have been supporting others professionally" This is totally not the case. Who can I contact to get this resolved.

Thank you

Bob

• alan-hurley
    alan-hurley Posts: 5 ✭✭

Why are my contacts times out and blocked with the free license as of the new upgrade 15.30.3 (64-bit)?

• Togurt
    Togurt Posts: 0

I use Teamviewer for accessing my media center PC from my wife's laptop and my PC which are on the same network. Occasionally I use it to connect to my mother in law's computer to help her. Recently my account has been flagged for commercial use which limit's the use severely to the point that it's unusable. The account reset form is not working so I can't fix this problem. The form will not accept any Teamviewer IDs and the signature area doesn't allow me to do anything. Any other suggestions on what I can do are appreciated.

• gibsonm
    gibsonm Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited May 2022

Good morning,

I'm currently deployed with Defence and use TeamViewer to connect to my PC at home since I couldn't bring it with me.

Your software now thinks I'm a Commercial user.

I went here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/

Completed the form and click on the "Generate and Upload PDF" - Nothing.

I make an International call to the UK and just get referred back to the broken web site.

How do I address this so I can:

1. Use the PC at home.
    2. Provide long range tech support ($0) for my wife when she complains that things don't work.

Happy to provide my details here or via email but I need to regain access (for more than 1 minute blocks) soon.

Frustrated.

• rickrick99
    rickrick99 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am NOT getting the email authentication when I TRY TO FILL OUT THE FORM. Why are emails not working for me...they did in the past????

• Jancux
    Jancux Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have been using Team Viewer in a Private role for many years; however, I am now seen to be a Commercial User.

How does one revert to being a Private Non-Commercial User?

• BainterJr
    BainterJr Posts: 0

The algorithm thinks I've been using TeamViewer on a professional basis and is requiring me to upgrade. Mostly I use TeamViewer to hop onto my home computer from work to grab a file I'm working on from home or something. Sure, I very rarely used TeamViewer to help a friend walk through something on their computer. I am, however, no professional.

How can I get my Account un-tagged and back to the Personal-Free level? Thank you for your consideration.

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @Togurt & @gibsonm

I have tested the form and was unable to replicate any issues.

As mentioned in this article, you will need to click the button below the field to add the TeamViewer IDs to the form.

Please also only enter one ID at a time:

In the signature area, use your mouse to draw a signature.

I tested this in Firefox as well as Chrome.

Should you encounter any further issues, please let us know

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• gibsonm
    gibsonm Posts: 9 ✭✭

Rather interestingly I posted an adverse assessment on "Trustpilot" and received a response within 3 hours.

The suggested fix of using a "Private Window" generated the same lack of progress.

I click repeated on the red labelled area (which I guess is the "button" you mean) and nothing.

I type the number in the white box, click the red edged box and nothing happens - no message to say its been added, nothing.

• usbrit1
    usbrit1 Posts: 1

I received a message today in TV that my usage suggested I am using it professionally. I am not.

I have 3 systems in my house and they are in different rooms, so Tv makes it very convenient to access them all from one location. How do I get back to all access and not limited?

Thanks!

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @gibsonm

I was not aware of any review posted 😁

As moderators, we are here to simply assist, regardless of whether or not you have commented on another website.

Regarding your issue, please provide a screenshot of your form. Please be sure to hide any personal information.

This way we can see the exact issue of your form.

Thanks in advance!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• xiaoqianqian
    xiaoqianqian Posts: 1

• Nawel
    Nawel Posts: 1

Any help on this issue? I am in the same situation and as a student working remotely I would really appreciate a reponse.

Thank you!

• wpatters1229
    wpatters1229 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2022

I submitted my reset from commercial flag to free last night and now it still is giving me grief. How long does it take for TeamViewer to reset?

This happens all the time and all we have is three computers in our home that I need to connect to when they need my IT help. All family and not fees exchanged...my son and my wife.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• rickrick99
    rickrick99 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Ive used TV for YEARS, very sporadically for support to my elderly father and to access my PC when I travel.

Today I was tagged as commercial use. Have no idea how this is possible, since I only support his new PC. The PC has moved around as I prep'd it, and my brother took it to his place a few days ago, but other than that, limited usage as I try to work out some bugs on his end.

#2 recently I noticed that I am NO LONGER receiving emails for authentication. I tried logging into the console on my wife PC and it said it will send an email to authenticate me. Never got it, tried several times. YES i checked spam. Tried on other PCs same thing.

This leads me to the last item, since it will not authenticate, I CANNOT send the dispute form for Commercial Use Tagging!!!! Since I cant obtain PHONE support or CHAT support as a personal use customer, Im basically SHUT OUT, which is why I am here.

In the past I received the authentication emails, but no more!

Please HELP, as I have more work to do on my 86 year old dad's computer who is a 1000 miles from me in a nursing home.

Rick