• stenobee
    stenobee Posts: 1

lag as commercial on the free version

• stenobee
    stenobee Posts: 1

i am being flagged a commercial and I am not. how do i fix this

• dgr
    dgr Posts: 3 ✭✭

TeamViewer reset doesn't work. Can do a "signature draw" on the reset request, so the request just sits, doing nothing.

I don't use touch screen.

Now, what?

Oh, sorry, the community can't resolve this issue, but the management won't talk to a free user.

• dgr
    dgr Posts: 3 ✭✭

The reset form (5 days is ridiculous) doesn't work, and no one at corporate will talk to anyone using the free version. So, SOL?

• gibsonm
    gibsonm Posts: 9 ✭✭

• Bardski
    Bardski Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi Josh(and team?),

How long does it take to get a response to this? It isn't life or death, but it is still an impact.

Thanks,

-bardski

• gibsonm

Given the need to remove personal information, I'm unsure if it will help, but here you are:

• Bardski

Ah shoot, I was unclear. Sorry.

How long does it take to get a response once you post your ticket? I got the TeamViewer IDs in, you have to also click OK to add it to your ticket.

Hope that clears up my question. :-)

-bardski

• Joyce_123
    Joyce_123 Posts: 1

My children have online class everyday, she cannot control the computer and I am working mum. Can I have longer time for using free version?

• WhatIsWrong
    WhatIsWrong Posts: 3 ✭✭

I've been using a personal license to manage a single server (my own) for years.

Suddenly I can only connect for a few seconds. TeamViewer complains "commercial use detected" which is simply untrue.

What is this about? Do I have to switch to a different remote control solution?

• a750gixr
    a750gixr Posts: 0

I've gotten this message before but, I'm really annoyed with this message of being commercial when I'm not. I've been using this service for a long time. How long does it typically take to be taken off the commercial restriction?

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @gibsonm

I apologize for the confusion.

Please let me know how you are entering the ID on the form:

• 123456789 (as seen in the support article and the screenshot above)

or

• 123 456 789

I have again tested the form in both Chrome and Firefox, and can confirm no issues in submission of the form, nor adding the IDs to the form, when the ID is entered correctly.

Please ensure you are entering the ID as seen in the support article and screenshots. If the issue persists, please leave the personal information in the screenshot but obfuscate it so it cannot be read.

This way we can see what incorrect information on the form may be causing the issue.

@Bardski The current turnaround time for such requests is 5 business days, as mentioned on the form. We thank you for your patience.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Split100
    Split100 Posts: 1
    edited May 2022

Ive been using Team Viewer for months to connect to a PC in my home this morning it tells me I can connect because of commercial use?

So I grabbed another PC installed a fresh brand new TV and got the same message? Why all of a sudden would this happen?

• Dtra0627h
    Dtra0627h Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2022

Teamviewer - Please stop with the rhetoric and fix this already!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow every comments with sound and solid "suggestions" including your very own attempt on "Advanced" UPD

And YES we have been using PLUS remain loyal to Teamviewer since 2006, so NO LOW-Balling us on DEVs **bleep**!

We are using everything legit per Teamviewer and Microsoft for Commercial

PLEASE fix this or we will take our 700+ clients elsewhere, to be polite and professional?!

Read us Teamviewer, as this will mount into a dive - the rest of us, been very helpful with all your inputs! TYSM guys...

• gibsonm
    edited May 2022

@JoshP one block of numbers.

The #@@#%!@#$%!#%^!^%@^! software has now blocked due to "high number of connections"

I understand the limited functionality of a free product, but one that basically is unreliable plus the frustration factors of even joining this web site (having to "add" the device every time, etc.).

The take away message I'm getting is you are making the free product so unrelaible and so painful to use that its not worth it.

• Bardski

Ok, Thanks @JoshP ,

I am working on my patience. Ommmm.... :-)

• Ghekko
    Ghekko Posts: 1

I’m now getting a message when I try an log in that, I may be trying to use teamviewer in a professional way however, I have a licence. I’ve tried on iPad and phone to log into a desktop and get the same message.

• Zvi1
    Zvi1 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited August 2022

I use Team Viewer to maintain contact with my parents in Israel -- in particular, my father. Because he is not exactly "skilled" with the computer, I have to use Team Viewer to set up HIS end of a **Third Party Product** "conference" that we routinely have. Because he is SO "unskilled", we try to keep the connection "open" as much as possible to minimize "problems". That is my ONLY use of Team Viewer.

Well, I just got the "dreaded" message of "Commercial use detected" -- even though as noted above there is NO commercial use. I filled out and submitted the "form" asking to be "reset" and I received the message that the form was successfully uploaded. However, I have no idea how long it will take the "powers that be" to act on this...

What else can I do (it seems that there is no way for "free users" to directly contact Team Viewer)?

Any way to get a sympathetic "somebody or other" who can actually ACT on this for me?

• Bardski

sorry @JoshP , one more before bed, will that be communicated via email, or should I just keep testing to see if it connects?

Thanks again!

-bardski

• User40
    User40 Posts: 3 ✭✭

TeamViewer has been blocked due to suspicion of commercial use. I am trying to request removal of the ban through reset-management, but the request is not possible. If I am a Korean citizen, I cannot make a request because the Postal Code is always recognized invalid.

Please check this case and solve this.

Thank you.

• Zvi1
    Zvi1 Posts: 4 ✭✭

My parents are in Israel. I am in New Jersey. I have been using Team Viewer almost every day to "connect:" with my father since he is not able / does not understand to set up Webex with me. I get the message about "commercial use". I submit the form asking (begging??) to be reset. I am still waiting. There appears to be no other way to communicate with the "powers that be". What can be done to expedite this?

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Thank you for the clarification, @gibsonm - I am sorry you are having such trouble with the website.

I am still unable to replicate the issue - I have also checked with other users and they were also able to submit the form without issue regarding the ID field.

I have again tested the ID field using both 9 and 10 digit TeamViewer IDs. I have included screenshots of each attempt to replicate what you experienced.

Here I entered a 9 digit TeamViewer ID:

I pressed the button, and the ID is added to the form:

The same also works for 10 digit IDs (with or without another ID already added to the form:

If no ID is entered on the form, when you click the button a red box appears around the button:

And if the ID is entered incorrectly, when you click the button the ID field itself produces a red box:

These screenshots were taken directly from the form this morning as I tested it in my Firefox browser. I also tested in Chrome.

As your issue is not yet able to be replicated, it is hard to provide exact resolutions to what you experience. I hope my screenshots above provide some more clarification. Please clear cache and cookies and try again, or even in another browser.

You can also let us know about what browser you are using, in case that could be the issue - I have tested on the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome.

Regarding emails to "add a device" - these are Trusted Device emails, which are required by all TeamViewer accounts - free or paid - in order to sign into TeamViewer services. Alternatively, you can set up two factor authentication to sidestep this process. TFA is also for both paid or free users.

Thanks in advance for any more clarifications regarding your issue @gibsonm . Any additional info you can provide that could help us replicate the issue you experienced may help us find out the root cause.

@Bardski - You will receive an email stating the IDs you submitted on the form have been reset. It will be sent to the email address associated with the account you logged into the reset form with. Hope this helps 😁

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• WhatIsWrong
    WhatIsWrong Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited May 2022

As others have noted, the reset form does not work.

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• redgreen
    redgreen Posts: 1

I already submitted to unlock “commercial use detected” once, and I like to add 2 more IDs, I cannot see submitting page anymore. How I do this ?