Deploying TV Host w/ tvopt file in Intune

Just wondering how folks are deploying the tvopt file when using Intune as the deployment method. I can't seem to get it so the settings file is imported when it's accompanied by the msi within the intunewin file. Any help would really be awesome!

Answers

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,592 Moderator

Hi @bradk21,

Thank you for contacting us.

Feel free to check out the knowledge article about Intune user guide.

Hope it would be helpful.

Warm regards,

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • Tuvestam
    Tuvestam Posts: 3 ✭✭

That was a very bad respons. He ask about the tvopt file. Now where in that link is any information about that. If you don't have information that will help with the question ask. don't respond. I was looking for this to and now i fought there was a good answer.

• LIGMichael
    LIGMichael Posts: 3 ✭✭

If TeamViewer Host is already installed, is it possible to import the options file (.tvopt) using the command prompt?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @LIGMichael,

I'll try to summarize the situation here:

It is currently not possible to apply (import) the options file via command prompt if the client is already installed.

However, there is an alternative I might suggest:

1) You can uninstall TeamViewer from all devices

2) Deploy TeamViewer via the .msi file and add the .tvopt file to your deployment

We explain how to proceed in the following article under the section Configuration of installation:

Let me know if something is not clear. 😊

All the best,

/JeanK

Community Manager

• LIGMichael
    LIGMichael Posts: 3 ✭✭

@JeanK Unfortunately, those instructions only pertain to users who have access to the TeamViewer MSI. (I don't.) I can only locate the .exe installer.

• JeanK

Unfortunately, this is the only method we support regarding mass deployment...😥

Hope you will still find a solution!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• safwa
    safwa Posts: 3 ✭✭

Bad support, they just send you the same link

• safwa
    safwa Posts: 3 ✭✭

how to add the .tvopt file to your deployment???????????????????

please stop just sharing links and point where to find the solution

• JeanK

Hello @safwa,

You need to place the .tvopt file in the same folder as the .msi file.

Then, the .tvopt file will apply to your deployment.

Hope this helped!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• 85Bruce
    85Bruce Posts: 1

Hello @JeanK

Are you saying we can now just deploy the MSI with silent command and if we include the TVOP file in the same directory it will automatically import the settings?

• JeanK

This is correct, @85Bruce!

However, we always recommend using TeamViewer policies to manage your devices, as policies allow you to centrally manage your devices more efficiently.

Let me know if you have any questions about this topic.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• user45667
    user45667 Posts: 1

Nothing in https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/39639-mass-deployment-on-windows#configuration-of-installation mentioned the .tvopt file.

The WIndows MSI line of business app only pulls Teamviewer_Host.msi, how will it know to grab .tvoptfile?

• JeanK

@user45667 To apply the settings you exported in the .tvopt to your deployment, you need to place the folder in the same folder where your .msi is located.

You can find more information here: Export settings for Host deployment

/JeanK

Community Manager