As suggested before - Add a timer for billing options

YWelis
YWelis Posts: 10 ✭✭

Please add a timer so I can send the clients a summary of the Session, If I want to bill them for the service.

I suggested 2 years ago to include a billing system, but I guess that's too much to ask... Therefore a Timer & report for the Session would do.

Thanks

Y. W.

1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Andy_Bantly
    Andy_Bantly Posts: 4 ✭✭

There are many billing, invoicing, and time tracking software(s) for Windows in the Windows store. You may get more traction if you can find an industry standard that has an API or SDK. Then TeamViewer folks don't have to re-invent the wheel, which is really what you are asking for.

• YWelis

Hi

I don't get your excuse (esp. when you are not working for TeamViewer). I need this feature INSIDE the TeamViewer client.

If you want to be an unappointed spokesperson for TeamViewer - apply for work there... & don't reply to me.

• cquirke
    cquirke Posts: 26 ✭✭

I use the time stamps on the session chat to both log the session, and track the billable clock time.

This chat can be saved from the little side panel via rt-click, Select All, Copy, then Pasted into Notepad or whatever. Alas, it can't be saved directly as a file, nor does it exist as a file anywhere that I can find.

But TeamViewer has a fatal flaw; it throws away this text chat whenever the session ends for any reason - so everything is lost. Seems crazy to me, and I'm advocating where appropriate to have this fixed!

• YWelis

Lets hope they'll listen. The day I'll see a better remote access software - I'll ditch TW for good

• Dunedin
    Dunedin Posts: 7 ✭✭

I too would appreciate having some sort of timesheet, though not necessarily a billing service. One simple solution would be having a separate log for sessions (host details, date-time started, session length) which could be enabled in the options window. Once enabled, every session would be recorded and those of us who need the information, could collect it from the file at our convenience.

• YWelis

I wish there was a way to customize the icons on the top & add shortcuts to such useful features