Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• virginiasiu
    virginiasiu Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

In my experience it can be a while. In the past, I would submit a request and in about a week, I get a response to unlock it. Last time though, I get a notice that they won't remove it because they can't tell if I am using it commercially or not. They didn't explain why they thought that way. I only use it to fix issue on my mom's phone.

This time It took several months for the commercial notice to go away. I could login for 5 minutes before being kicked out. After several months of inactive use, the issue went way.

• marlinj
    marlinj Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

How do you have your acct reset now that TV provides no support for free version?

What is one supposed to do when your acct is wrongly detected to be operating in a commercially environment? It's happened a couple times in the past, and support was always able to reset after looking at log files and confirming.

Now it just sends you in a loop and always ends back up at the community.

• bradut
    bradut Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

c

• dannyw
    dannyw Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

I need to fill in a form to have my free usage reinstated and need to enter my license Id - it's a free license for non-commercial use. how do I find this?

Thanks in advance

• I am trying to report that I am not using Teamviewer for commercial use but every time I attempt to add my laptop as a trusted device, I am not receiving any emails from Teamviewer to allow me to activate my device. I have checked my email and its working as it should. Can someone get in touch and help me get into my account.

• finlaand
    finlaand Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited May 2023

what a company? what super cool tech you must have? my father switches on his pc for the first time in 4 months, helped by his carers, i try to connect to him, and your total mad **bleep** company thinks this is a commercial usage?

FIRE FIRE FIRE the **bleep** who coded this!

You an fly to Scotland to resintall a.n.other **bleep** software as a replacement for your **bleep**! Your reset noddy web page i logged into, and reset myself, but no, you somehow wanted me to add in his ID? he has no account? I am meant to work that **bleep** ut really? Now I login, and am told i cannot add another ID, the reset was done, but no it bloody well is not!

**bleep**

• Skarrin
    Skarrin Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

Hello,

I use Teamviewer just to support my family (Grandparents and others.). It is some days when I want to use it and my session was closed after 10 seconds before it is possible that I use it for work.

How can i unblock my free version? It is possible? I am not use it every day, that is unnesesary for my to buy license.

Thank you for help, Ivan

• Astrokeith
    Astrokeith Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

Benn using Teanviewer for over a year to access 5 or so personal computers that I use to manage my astronomy kit - but as of yesterday now getting access denied as it is saying I am using it in a "professional" setup

I had a note from Teamviewer noting that I was not using them in a professional/commercial setup but now they are denying me access

Is anyone else getting this issue and any clues as to how I raise this with Teamviewer support?

Thanks Keith

• Henrybdf
    Henrybdf Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

I use free Teamviewer so I can access one of my pcs remotely to be able to access one of my computers on which I run things, however, Teamviewer restricted my access because it thinks that I use it for commercial purposes, which I don't, so now it almost never works and repeatedly tells me to try again in a few minutes. This is the closest thing to TeamViewer support so hopefully someone can help me

• Henrybdf
    Henrybdf Posts: 1

I use free Teamviewer so I can access one of my pcs remotely to be able to access one of my computers on which I run things, however, Teamviewer restricted my access because it thinks that I use it for commercial purposes, which I don't, so now it almost never works and repeatedly tells me to try again in a few minutes. This is the closest thing to TeamViewer support so hopefully someone can help me

• Mgrhtfhgff
    Mgrhtfhgff Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

i rarely use connection to my home PC. why it said commerical use detected?

How to fix

• jeffjohn
    jeffjohn Posts: 0
    edited June 2022

I dont get any acknowledgement when i attempt to get reclassified as personal user. I have tried the system reset several times over a month. Is this the usual response from Team Viewer?

jeffjohn

• Goodmorning,

on a regular base i have to connect to a remote computer.

But now, my use seems to be "professional_support".

How can i solve this, without buing a license.

On behalve of my work, we use a teamviewer license, but this remote computer is not related to my work.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance

• thanks i found the page to Reset Management - TeamViewer

i hope this will solve the problem

• I have a free account but get shut down after 30 sec and use it only for private use

have deleted it and put it back on

what do I do?

• ElioFernandes
    ElioFernandes Posts: 0

Hi guys if team viewer is free for personal use why my connection is blocked? i get a message saying high usage from my account which is not true i did not use for more than a couple days for a few minutes and its like that since ever.

• patpres
    patpres Posts: 1

I am a long time Team Viewer user. It began about 7 years ago when my older brother started getting dementia and we lived in different cities. At the time I contacted Team Viewer and asked if I needed a license to support him. I was charmed to learn that I did not. My brother has since died, but as a 75 year old (50+ years tech nerd ). I do have 4 or 5 friends of similar age - but not very "tech savvy" that I do help out with Team Viewer periodically when they have issues. About 2 years ago I was told to purchase a license, but after contacting Team Viewer and explaining the situation, my free use license to use with these friends was re-instated. The other day when working with my 88 year-old friend, access was again cut off. I realize that I do connect the most with him, but he is otherwise in extremely good shape - both physically and mentally. But, please believe me, this support is not for financial gain, simply to help my friends who are having computer difficulties. Please let me know what I can do to have my free use license re-instated to provide this occasional support to a few friends.

• CrlosEH
    CrlosEH Posts: 1

• keem87
    keem87 Posts: 0

i am getting contoinously in my PCs the subject error and TV kicks me out !!!!

its all for private use and i am not profiting for it in any way.

Any idea how to fix it.

• towyvale
    towyvale Posts: 1

I have been using Teamviewer very successfully for a number of years now to access my personnel computer when I am away.

Last month I tried to access my computer via my iPad but got the message to say I was blocked due to high frequent connections. I answered form to allow it to be reset to person use and got response saying it was now OK. But I am still block on my iPad.

However I can still access my computer from my phone and my other half's iPad. Any suggestions.

• Archiverry
    Archiverry Posts: 1

I think there are many people asking the same thing but the TeamViwer team does not respond, it only responds to those who have a commercial license. The same thing happens to me, I use TeamViewer for private use but it tells me it's commercial and won't let me use it.

• davideval
    davideval Posts: 1

Hi,

me too I have the same problem, and I have fear that it's only a bad practice by teamviewer to force free users to pay licence even if they use for not commercial purposes.....

Nobody will help us...

• VKGfan29
    VKGfan29 Posts: 1

I used to use it to log in to my 75 year old mother's computer to help her solve issues... and I get kicked out now too.

• VKGfan29
    VKGfan29 Posts: 1

Any ideas thoughts or suggestions. I need do this 3-5 times per year and TeamViewer used to let me. If I was making money with 3-5 logins per year to the same computer, that would be amazing... but I am not.

😣

• pansovic
    pansovic Posts: 1

My account got blocked, and I Have no idea why.

Does helping my mom, 80 years old, with her computer not considered a non-business activity?

• Bonnie13764
    Bonnie13764 Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

My husband and I both have free licenses because we only use Teamviewer a few times a year and it is only to connect to each other or with 1 other family members.

My husband tried to connect to my Windows 11 PC with both of using Teamviewer and he gets an error message which seems to indicate there is a licensing problem with my connection, Can anyone help me resolve the issue?

• danielctaylor
    danielctaylor Posts: 0

This time, TeamViewer is saying that my usage pattern suggest that I'm using it to support others professionally.

The only time I use TeamViewer is to help my 92 year old grandma in a different state, how can I get past this dopy interruption?

• Thinguyen
    Thinguyen Posts: 0

Hello Friend

I have problem with teamview, i'm personal user. When i connect my teamviewer it inform connection blocked after timeout (pls see the picture)

So what should i do?

Thank you!

• PwetPwet
    PwetPwet Posts: 0

Hello,

I just connect to my teamviewer account, and i receive this popup.

I can't connect to my computers. In general i connect on twice or third time by month, how it's possible?

I use teamviewer since the beginning, it's the first time i have this popup.

Thanks you for your help

• Papa_Delta1
    Papa_Delta1 Posts: 0

I am trying to get my free version reinstated. I do not use TeamViewer commercially. I am retired. I have filled in the relevant document five times and click on the tab “Generate+PDF” and nothing happens!! I am currently travelling and need to access my home computer. I cannot get any telephone support and I need to know who or how I can get my free version reinstated. Any help will be gratefully received.

thank you