Commercial use - Connection time out

Comments

• pansovic
    pansovic Posts: 1

My account got blocked, and I Have no idea why.

Does helping my mom, 80 years old, with her computer not considered a non-business activity?

• Bonnie13764
    Bonnie13764 Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

My husband and I both have free licenses because we only use Teamviewer a few times a year and it is only to connect to each other or with 1 other family members.

My husband tried to connect to my Windows 11 PC with both of using Teamviewer and he gets an error message which seems to indicate there is a licensing problem with my connection, Can anyone help me resolve the issue?

• danielctaylor
    danielctaylor Posts: 0

This time, TeamViewer is saying that my usage pattern suggest that I'm using it to support others professionally.

The only time I use TeamViewer is to help my 92 year old grandma in a different state, how can I get past this dopy interruption?

• Thinguyen
    Thinguyen Posts: 0

Hello Friend

I have problem with teamview, i'm personal user. When i connect my teamviewer it inform connection blocked after timeout (pls see the picture)

So what should i do?

Thank you!

• PwetPwet
    PwetPwet Posts: 0

Hello,

I just connect to my teamviewer account, and i receive this popup.

I can't connect to my computers. In general i connect on twice or third time by month, how it's possible?

I use teamviewer since the beginning, it's the first time i have this popup.

Thanks you for your help

• Papa_Delta1
    Papa_Delta1 Posts: 0

I am trying to get my free version reinstated. I do not use TeamViewer commercially. I am retired. I have filled in the relevant document five times and click on the tab “Generate+PDF” and nothing happens!! I am currently travelling and need to access my home computer. I cannot get any telephone support and I need to know who or how I can get my free version reinstated. Any help will be gratefully received.

thank you

• ralnavman
    ralnavman Posts: 7 ✭✭

I have correctly submitted the reset form at least a couple of times with the first one being some 3 weeks ago now and the 2nd just over a week ago and I still cannot access my own computers! Why is this taking so long?

And what I don't understand is why this happens.......I haven't changed anything my end, no new computers, setups or logins so why? What can I do, filling out a reset form doesn't work?

• Johanfick
    Johanfick Posts: 1

I have the same issue!! I have several personal computers at home - all my own - and I often need to connect to them when travelling however, TeamViewer recently decided on it's own, without consulting me, that my usage pattern suggests that I support others - which I do NOT!! How does one get this fixed?

• pres1521
    pres1521 Posts: 0
    edited June 2022

Recently I have been receiving the following error message.

All I use Teamviewer for is to connect my Laptop to my PC. I am retired.

What is happening? I have been using Teanviewer for over 6 or 8 years. I may have 2 e-mnail addresses on file.

Jim

[removed per Community Guidelines]

• RJP3
    RJP3 Posts: 0
    edited June 2022

I can not contact Teamviewer in my country Denmark, they never answer the phone.

The link or request I made seems lost or ignored. I used a link specifically to ask for free version reinstatement, when Teamviewer thinks Commercial licence should be used and therefore blocks the free version.

When calling the Danish number, which is only an answering machine, saying to go to teamviewer(dot)com/support even when using the free version, but it is an endless circle, I am always asked for licence number in order to get to support, SO HOW DO I AS I FREE USER GET IN CONTACT WITH SUPPORT - OR AT LEAST GET MY FREE LICENCE REINSTATED, PLEASE.

I live in an institution since last August '21, where there's a lot of computer network, but this is where I live. I don't work, I can not work after I got injured.

I would VERY MUCH like if I can start using Teamviewer for FREE again, please.

Best regards, Raphael

• Please help me I need to reset my id but teamviewer makes everything so difficult

• buster
    buster Posts: 0
    edited June 2022

• Bman1096
    Bman1096 Posts: 3 ✭✭

I have started getting the Timeout on my free license again. I have 5 computers at home and one at my wife's office that I maintain and only for personal use and need to get rid of the time out again. This happened last year and now is back

• HowieL
    HowieL Posts: 0

I've used Teamviewer for years to help friends and family. Today I tried to remote into my cousin's PC and it says I've reached my maximum session duration to a partner - yet I have not accessed her computer in months.

Is there a problem going on? I've already cleared the cache on EDGE (Explorer is gone).

• tanderson92
    tanderson92 Posts: 2 ✭✭

It seems like there was some change on TeamViewer's end that led to an increase in Free users being flagged as commercial. About 2 years ago I was flagged as commercial and denied an automatic reset when I followed the link in the first post of this thread. Eventually I printed out a form from TeamViewer and mailed it to them. Eventually they restored my access.

Within the last week I've been receiving the same errors reported here when I try to connect to my home Windows computer from my laptop. I'm in a hotel, which makes me wonder if TV's "connecting to your home computer from work" is being triggered. Oddly I can connect to my home Mac Pro from here, but the Windows machine insists I'm restricted. Maybe I need to wait a little longer for the auto reset function to work.

• PehrWolf
    PehrWolf Posts: 0

I have an free licens to use with my friends and family. Now I suddenly have been accused of illegal use, and when I tried to help a friend with her problem I have got timeout and ”you have used the program professionally”. I have not charged a swedish krona at all for my help.

My question is, how to solve this issue.

• Jacob_N
    Jacob_N Posts: 1
    edited June 2022

*** SOLVED ***

Using the free version, and suddenly got the message "We suspect... commercial use". none of that kind from my side, only accessing home computer when travelling.

Filled out the form on https://www.teamviewer.com/en/reset-management/, and nothing happens when I click "Generate & Upload PDF"....

Please advice.

• Msaleh7080
    Msaleh7080 Posts: 1

as I am travelling in vacaion I tried to connect but suddenly teamviewer blocked the connection and said I am using as commercial , but it is my personnel not commercial and it is the first time happened to me what to do

• Flying_Shadow
    Flying_Shadow Posts: 2 ✭✭

Suddenly I am being regards as a commercial user. II am not, I just assist two or three friends with techy issues.

• Flying_Shadow
    Flying_Shadow Posts: 2 ✭✭

• spicyramentt
    spicyramentt Posts: 0

I typically use teamviewer to help my mom and some of my elder family members who arent particularly Tech savvy. Also to connect to computers around my own home when I'm trying to troubleshoot problems.

I'm pretty sure these are non-commerical applications.

How to i get teamviewer to revert this limitation on my account?

• renee49
    renee49 Posts: 3 ✭✭

can you help me I never can used my team viewer free

I asked for help but it doesn't work

Thank you

• renee49
    renee49 Posts: 3 ✭✭

please can you help me i can used team viewer free

i am not a professional

• SofiiaAvl
    SofiiaAvl Posts: 0

hello!

I use TEAMVIEWER exclusively for my family, and not for commercial purposes. But still the program does not let me use it! How can I prove that I am not making money on it? I already wrote letters to support, but they do not serve me, since I do not have a license. I didn't find the answer here either!

• HANKIRWIN
    HANKIRWIN Posts: 0

• hello why I have this problem i cant connect just with one pc shows me limited for 2 months no i try to reinstall and toturials in youtube and didnt work anyone please can someone help me.

• markfisher61
    markfisher61 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I am trying to connect to another computer on my home network and Teamviewer claims I have been trying to use it for commercial support!

My connection is blocked also.

• markfisher61
    markfisher61 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Another support request ignored. Best try a different product!

• DIGIWB
    DIGIWB Posts: 0

hello! I need help!

During recess at work, I access my desktop PC through my laptop to view my personal work. (For example, banking, personal programming, etc.) However, TeamViewer has detected this as a commercial use and is no longer able to connect. Do I have to purchase a license in this case? Even if you are not using it for commercial using?