View only mode for some users

DoronW
DoronW Posts: 4 ✭✭

I need to provide access to a remote (unattended) machines.

Most of the users must not have a remote input (View only mode).

But certain users (admin) must be able to do remote input.

I did found an option to configure that on the remote machine, but since its is unattended remote machine, I will not be able to turn it off.

Your help will be appreciated

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @DoronW,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

You can configure the Access control in the menu Advanced settings for connections to this computer in the Advanced tab of the TeamViewer options (⚙).

On the computers where users shouldn't have input, you select View and show.

On the computers where users should have input, you select Full control.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• DoronW

Thank you @JeanK for you prompt and comprehensive response.

I need that on same computer some users will have View and show and some will have Full control.

Since the computer is unattended i.e. a remote machine without access, this configuration can not be changed by the remote computer user.

Best would be to control this from the web administrator console.

• JeanK

You're welcome, @DoronW.

I see. Then, we will play the game around.

On the unattended computer, go to the Access control in the menu Advanced settings for connections to this computer in the Advanced tab of the TeamViewer options (⚙), and select Full Control.

Then, on the computers where users should have input (Users A), go to their Advanced settings for connections to other computers and select Full control.

And, on the computers where users should not have input (Users B), go to their Advanced settings for connections to other computers and select View and show.

With this setup, Users A will be able to remote control the device. Users B will only be able to see the device's screen.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• DoronW

Thanks @JeanK.

As far as I understand, User B with the "view only" credentials, will be able to have full access if he wishes. This is a bit problematic for our use case.

Can administrator force User B to have "view only" only be able to see the device's screen?

• JeanK

Hello @DoronW,

User B with the "view-only" settings will not be able to have full access, as the view-only parameter will override the full control parameter.

You can also manage centrally these settings via TeamViewer policy, instead of configuring each device manually.

Community Manager

• DoronW

Dear @JeanK

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't find a way to assign a profile to a User.

A profile seems to be an attribute for a device (computer) and not an attribute of a user.

Am I missing something ?

• JeanK
    edited July 2022

Hello @DoronW,

The policies can be applied to computers, not to users, this is correct.

You will need to apply the policies to the computer where the user is located.

Let me know if this is more clear now. 🙂

/JeanK

Community Manager