Cannot download teamviewer remote acces on Chrome OS

Allinmachu
Allinmachu Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in General questions

Hi all,

Today I installed my brand New HP chromebook x360 14b because my old windows laptop was KIA. When I tried to install TeamViewer Remote Control I get a pop-up stating " TeamViewer Remote Control cannot be Downloaded please try again. If the problem still occurs please try the following options" .

After trying a few times and trying all the options that were listed it still won't download can anyone please help me?

I really need this app as I use it to help my mother (who is 78 and doesn't understand technology and lives 100 miles away) with all kinds of stuff.

With kind regards,

Wilco

Best Answer

• Allinmachu
    Answer ✓

Hi Jeank thank you for you're response I just did a full factory reset after trying to install an older version of teamviewer and now I does download it from the playstore so whatever the problem was it is fixed thank you very much for trying to help though

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Allinmachu,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

You need to make sure you are downloading the Android version of TeamViewer Remote Control from the Google Play Store.

You can also download the .apk from our website here: ➡TeamViewer Remote Desktop for Chrome

Can you confirm?

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Allinmachu

Hi JeanK,

Thank you for your response. I can confirm this is the versioin that i tried to download

i tried both downloading from playstore and from their website allthough it seems their website is simoply a link to the playstore.

• JeanK

Hello @Allinmachu,

I tested with a demo device and could download the app without any issues.

Can you try to download other apps, to check if this is a general problem on your device?

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Allinmachu
    Answer ✓

Hi Jeank thank you for you're response I just did a full factory reset after trying to install an older version of teamviewer and now I does download it from the playstore so whatever the problem was it is fixed thank you very much for trying to help though

• JeanK

Woohoo! Awesome news! 🙌

Glad you could fix your issue.

Hope to see you posting here soon again!

/JeanK

Community Manager